Figuring out alarm....

inodes

:
2012 Mazda CX-5 GT Diesel with Tech Pack
I had the Mazda alarm installed recently. It's a Mazda part and is integrated with the keyless entry system in the GT.
Wondering if anyone else has the system.

Typically I have the keyless entry system set to auto lock as I walk away from the vehicle. This emits one beep for a lock, and is unlocked by pressing button on handle to open (two beeps).

The alarm has its own chirp sounds in conjunction with the beep.

Once installed, I expected the system to arm each time the car was locked. But it seems that locking the car with the distance method (as above), doesn't actually arm the alarm. Instead, it requires a lock from the key fob or from the door handle.

Is anyone with an alarm and keyless entry noticing the same issue? Or is this a setting that needs to be changed?

i have the built in 'proximity alarm' as part of the tech package, and the only thing i've found about it is that it arms 20sec after the door locks, but i've tried kicking tires, pulling door handle, and nothing seems to set it off....

Interesting, so it's difficult to know when and if it's actually armed.

i have the built in 'proximity alarm' as part of the tech package, and the only thing i've found about it is that it arms 20sec after the door locks, but i've tried kicking tires, pulling door handle, and nothing seems to set it off....

lock it with the remote with you on the inside and then open the door or lock it with the windows down and reach in and unlock.

Back