Subwoofer with Bose Audio System

dhaslbeck

:
CX-5 Touring, AWD, Sky Blue Mica
Has anyone tried to hook up a subwoofer with the Bose Audio system? I know the Bose sounds decent but it could deal with a few more lows, plus I suspect that driving the Bose speakers at the lower frequencies will eventually start some rattling. Has anyone located the Bose amp (the salesman told me there was one somewhere but that doesn't make it true). With luck it might have a sub out. I could theoretically bridge the rear speakers but that could cause the Bose amp or final outs a problem. Ideas?

dj

I'd like an answer to this as well.
The Bose in my old Mazda 3 had a clear subwoofer location.

The new one seems like a much larger and more advanced system. I have songs that do vibrate the doors because the base is decent.

But I'd prefer to have the bass produced by a subwoofer rather than the speakers themselves.

Here's some pics of the Bose amp....

IMG_1127.jpgIMG_1126.jpg

Has anyone attempted this yet? I'm about to buy a Kicker Bass Station or Hideaway and want to make sure I'm not wasting my money.

I did. I could not find decent diagrams o fhte bose wiring so I used a converter to tap off the head unit and run a line to the amp. I have decent bass but I think I could have done better by tapping off the bose output rather than the head unit. My amp has an input adjustment so it should handle this. Still looking for good wiring diagrams for the output of the bose amp to the front door speakers. I may end up just chasing the wires with an ohm meter but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
dj

I did. I could not find decent diagrams o fhte bose wiring so I used a converter to tap off the head unit and run a line to the amp. I have decent bass but I think I could have done better by tapping off the bose output rather than the head unit. My amp has an input adjustment so it should handle this. Still looking for good wiring diagrams for the output of the bose amp to the front door speakers. I may end up just chasing the wires with an ohm meter but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
dj

Hi, I am also thinking about adding a sub to my cx5 gt with bose. I plan on letting an audio installer do it, but I would still like to know how you tapped into the wiring? Did you have to remove the dashboard trim? How would you have done it better (as you say)? Where did you position your subwoofer amp? Is there enough space under a back/front seat?

I also would like to change my two front speakers...does anyone know how many watts the bose amp puts out and at what resistance? I'd like to change speakers and leave the stock speaker amp, but don't want to significantly underpower aftermarket speakers.

Has anyone tried to hook up a subwoofer with the Bose Audio system?

Hi, I am also thinking about adding a sub to my cx5 gt with bose.

Doesn't yours already have one? Or do you want to upgrade it? Or do you have older models that didn't come with one?

[It would be great if everyone's profile included their year and model. Why not?]

its the 2018 model. I assume it has one, but I find it inadequate compared to aftermarket subwoofers

Back