Radio Firmware

gdbarckley

:
Mazda CX-5
Does anyone know any debug modes or information screens on the cx-5's touchscreen? I would love to see what it all can do and know if there will be firmware updates for the system...

While I have not seen anything specific, you can look at the instructions PDF for the TOMTOM Navigation system. There was a certain button sequence to get into the RADIO setup in order to add the TOMTOM to the radio. There was some other stuff on that screen, but I was not willing to do any experimenting with it.

secret menu instructions said:
3.Press the POWER/VOLUME dial to switch to the on screen.

4. Press the POWER/VOLUME dial and SEEK UP button at the same time on the Audio on screen (press POWER/VOLUME dial a little earlier).

5. After switching to the AUDIO system screen, touch the buttons in the order of 1, 5 and ENTER on the screen.

6. After switching to the Vehicle and Navi Signal Check screen, touch on the screen to switch the display screen to NAVI GPS ANT. Verify that NAVI GPS ANT: OK is displayed. If not OK, verify the connection condition again.

7. Press the POWER/VOLUME dial to switch to the AUDIO screen

now, who's gonna feel daring and start trying different code combos than 15 to find what menus there are?

I want to start playing in those menus because I want to figure out how to turn those long boring voice prompts... I just want to give it a command but you have to listen to that girl talk to you first.

I will let you know what I find

i only found diagnostic menus like speaker test for individual speakers. nothing fun or changing found yet. wonder when someone will try a hack and see how much they can control and personalize through the comp.

Hi,

A friend of mine, just bought a CX-5 here in Chile, and he just realized that the radio comes only in English (in Chile official language is spanish). We asked the guys from Mazda, and they say that for Chile, audio settings are English (UK) language only....

As in the US, Spanish and French is available, I guess, there must be a patch or firmware update.

Do you guys know were to get it? And how to install it?

Back