Mazda cx 9 roof racks

Betio

:
Mazda cx9
I am buying a mazda cx 9 n want 2 get advice on roof rack. Can a vertical one be installed frm front 2 back instead of width of car? Silly i jus wan it 4 looks n small carrying. Does da factory rack make alot of noise on high speed? Please advice thank u is there a rail instead of rack?

When/if you purchase a CX-9, the "luggage rack" is made up of multiple options. First option is roof rails. These are the vertical long rails from front to back. Those do not come with crossbars. Crossbars are optional, after you have purchased the vertical rails. You can buy just the long rails, or the long rails and the crossbars and pay lots of $$$. I don't notice any noise, I have both the vertical rails and the crossbars oem.

To reduce wind noises from bars (mostly from bars, not rails), put them as close to the rear as possible.

Thank u. So can u get da luggage rack from mazda car company on purchase of car or do u buy frm somewhr?

You can buy oem luggage rack parts through Mazda at your local parts department, you can try to find oem parts on ebay or elsewhere on the internet, or you can buy aftermarket luggage rack components such as Thule or Yakima. Good luck.

You can buy oem luggage rack parts through Mazda at your local parts department, you can try to find oem parts on ebay or elsewhere on the internet, or you can buy aftermarket luggage rack components such as Thule or Yakima. Good luck.
I was having trouble finding aftermarket rails and crossbars. The Thules for example. Which ones would should I get to fit the OEM fixed points and that will increase the carrying weight. I see they have some that hold 165 pounds, but they all look like they are just the crossbars. I like the versatility of being able to move the crossbars around. Which thule rails and crossbars would fit my 2011 sport?

What are the most recommended cross rails for the factory racks?

Say like the Parads Spec-Xs of forum suggested cross rails?

I suggest thule or mont blanc cross bars for the factory rails. Thule is of course much more expensive. prolineracks.com has mont blanc cross bars for $189.

I just ordered Suzuki SX4 Roof Rack Cross Bars from ebay. I was looking at the specs and Suzuki ones are also made by Mont Blanc and it was much cheaper. I will know in few days whether they will fit our rack.

I got the Mont Blanc crossbars to attach to the OEM roof rails. I also have a Suzuki Barracuda bike carrier. It seems you can get most of the Mont Blanc line of prodcuts branded as either Suzuki, VW and Audi. My Suzuki branded Barracuda was less than half the price of the Audi one. Same exact product.

Back