Went from BMW to Mazda so make me feel welcome

PhantomBlu07

:
2007 Mazda Hatchback Touring
Hello, Im a new owner to a 2007 Mazda 3 Hatch 5mt. So far it seems to be a decent car. I just stepped down from a BMW 330i which was a fantactic car and had amazing performance. But i felt the need to man up and get a little more economical car. I needed lots of space so i choose to get a hatch, always drive manual transmissions, wanted good fuel economy to i went from a 6 cyl to a 4 banger. Not a big deal i guess. I looked at a lot of cars and the mazda became the most appealing. I found the once i just bought with 53k miles 1 owner and seems to be well kept though im sure its not perfect. If anyone wants to know if filled the tank 3 or 4 times now and on my last i averaged 28.03MPG!! woohoo! Considering that was all city driving. Note BMW got about 21-22 city.

So now that you know what i got i have a question for you guys.
What is there to know or what should i know about mazda and the 3 to be specific?
What typically goes wrong or needs replacement at certain intervals?
What sort of things shoul i look out for?
I fix, repair, maintain or what have you on everything i own so any little bits of info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Everyone and Hello again!

Hello there, welcome and congratz on your purchase!

some things about the 3.. let's see
- tick tick tick tick noise cold morning start ups = normal
- please keep an eye on your Passenger side mount. They tend to fail. (you will see black oil/dirt like it leaked out from the mount. it did)
- 1st gear and reverse are sometimes hard to get into.
- brakes tend to squeal at odd times. (mostly leaving your house and driving down your street)
- I can't remember, but you may want to research your year about power steering failure. - Mine Failed while turning onto a busy highway.. not fun.
- Hatches RUle!!
That's about it! that I can think of anyway.

Thanks! I thought i saw something about ppl saying the timing chain needs maint. near 100k or so..? Any other info anyone?

Oh and this forum seems pretty quiet. Any reason for that. While searching for a good forum this one seemed to have the most posts and activity, but so far im not noticing much movement.

Back