Mazda 5 manual - clutch bleeding

M5Gonz

:
09, Mazda 5
Hi!!

My M5 is a 5 speed manual and I would like to bleed the clutch. In all my past cars they have a separate reserviour for the clutch fluid, but I couldn't fine one in my M5. Any reason why? Just bleed the clutch as normal? Do I have to bleed the whole system, including the brakes, at the same time? Can somebody help me out with this? Thanks

The clutch uses fluid from the brake master reservoir. This is why is crucial to always check the fluid in case a brake job is needed because as we all know the fluid level decreases as pads get worn. Anyway, if you must or want to bleed the clutch system use the bleeder valve on the slave cylinder located in the front right behind the radiator.

So if I keep the reserviour full during the bledding of the clutch, it will be safe for the braking
system? Thanks

I did the bleeding this past weekend and what a difference!! woww. It runs much better!! thanks

Bumping this up in case it helps anyone else. The clutch pedal on our 99k mile '08 MZ5 was staying on the floor, but would eventually come up after pumping the pedal. I've had a Motive pressure bleeder for my BMWs, but never thought to try fitting it on the Mazda brake/clutch reservoir. It actually fit perfectly. I added fresh fluid to the reservoir and the bleeder and pressurized the system to 10 psi. I was relieved that the pressure held. When I initially cracked the bleeder screw, there was more air than fluid. Eventually, nice clear fresh fluid ran through. Problem solved.

Back