Interior Protection

kampfire

:
2013 CX-5 Touring FWD w/ Tech Package
We just picked up our new CX-5 and we love it. However the dash area has already attracted a bunch of smudges. The soft touch material over the majority of the dash. Anyone have a product they use to clean/protect it? I have a feeling armor all type stuff isnt meant for that material.

Thanks!

I hate using armor all products. They always seem far to greasy. I use a UV protectant spray that advertises Low shine and not being greasy. (forgot the name) It protects the dash, gives it a slight shine and is not greasy to the touch unlike armor all. I always hated using armor all because it always seemed like a couple of weeks after applying it my dash was covered with dust Or lent and appeared dirty.
There are many brands out there...your closest auto parts store will have several uv dash protectants to choose from. I'll post up the brand of what I use when I get home.

For readily available products, check out Meguiar's products at the auto parts store or Walmart/Target. I can't recommend any particular product but the Meguiar's brand is excellent overall for off-the-shelf. Just make sure you "smell" it first. They add fragrance to enhance your experience, so make sure you like it first. It might bug you that your interior smells like Bubble Gum (just a hypothetical). Also, make sure you get something that says "Low Gloss" or "Non-Greasy." Definitely stay away from Armor-All.

Armor All used to make a low-gloss protectant but not sure if they do anymore. I use Ice Total Interior Protection by Turtle Wax. It cleans and protects well, doesn't create a glossy surface and can be used on all of the plastic and leather interior parts. It has a pleasant smell that doesn't overwhelm the interior (unless you're particularly sensitive to such things). The key to this and every interior product is to spray it on a microfiber cloth or towel and then wipe the surface to be cleaned. If you attempt to spray directly on the surface, invariably the spray will go places you don't want it to (such as the interior glass you just cleaned). Meguiars has a comparable product and both can be found at your local mega-mart.

I'm an avid detailer and would definitely recommend using Vinylex , they are same people who sell the Lexol leather conditioner/cleaners.

www.properautocare.com if your best source for detailing products BTW

Back