Short review (mostly diesel) in a magazine

:
CX5 2.2 diesel / Mazda mps
April17th - it's here

Overall impression was:
The Mazda CX-5 showed real promise as a model that could come into the crossover class and deliver something different an SUV that really was great to drive. From prototype to production, it has lost some of its sharpness, but it still remains up there with the best handling cars in this class. It's comfortable, efficient, spacious and refined, so customers will find very little to complain about. The only stumbling block could be the price tag, which is significantly higher than the very capable Skoda Yeti.

This one isn't quite as complimentary.

Seems to be the only review that knocks the steering. But every reviewer is entitled to their opinion.
The car magazine I subscribe to in Australia is well trusted because they're honest with their opinions, and I generally agree with everything they write (once I drive the vehicles myself).
They were scathing on the Petrol CX-5 and were hopeful for the Diesel.

In the UK the manual + diesel would be the big seller. In particular the smaller diesel which has 119g of CO2 and therefore comes under I believe... the cheap C band (correct me if I am wrong.... that's from memory, and being an Australian I shouldn't be expected to memorise UK registration prices. 20 pounds comes to mind as well.... looked it up a few weeks back)

In the UK the manual + diesel would be the big seller. In particular the smaller diesel which has 119g of CO2 and therefore comes under I believe... the cheap C band (correct me if I am wrong.... that's from memory, and being an Australian I shouldn't be expected to memorise UK registration prices. 20 pounds comes to mind as well.... looked it up a few weeks back)
Yes. Under 120g of CO2 is an important cut off... until Europe or the Government change things (again). More than half the cars bought in Europe are diesels. When I get my CX5 I will give an honest comparison with my Tiguan. The reviews find them close and it boils down to what the individual owner regards as important or not.

Gets a good score in this review. Nothing under 4/5. They got the boot/trunk volume wrong, it is about twice what they say when the seats are down.

EDIT: Moderators, would it be worthwhile having a section for media reviews and maybe owners reviews as well? It may help newcomers who are considering buying a CX5 to have a read without searching through various threads.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back