new hood

I can't imagine it having horrible air intake considering that scoop is right over the engine anyways. I have a fmic so I figured I can give it a sleeper look.

if you change out your speed3 hood and are looking to sell it, i would be interested. located in fl

my guess is the NA mazda3's hood sits lower. granted you no longer have a top mount, but i might find a friend with one and do a quick test fitting for s**** and giggles anyway

I dont think the NA hood would fit on the MS3 I think the hoods on the speeds are a little longer than NA cars.

I know that a speed hood will not fit a regular 3 correctly. If a N/A 3 wants a speed 3 hood, they need to do a full swap(Bumper, fenders, and hood). Find a local that wants the speed front that has the same color. It will be hard but will save you money

It won't fit. In addition to it not matching up with the bumper, fenders, etc as mentioned... the MS3 hood is also taller to allow more space in the engine compartment for the MS3 engine. This extra space might not be necessary since you moved to a FMIC but that is another thing to consider.

if you change out your speed3 hood and are looking to sell it, i would be interested. located in fl

Again, generation 2 hoods do not fit on generation 1 hoods without lots of effort/custom fabrication.

Haha ... better yet, cardboard + duct tape...

It won't fit. In addition to it not matching up with the bumper, fenders, etc as mentioned... the MS3 hood is also taller to allow more space in the engine compartment for the MS3 engine. This extra space might not be necessary since you moved to a FMIC but that is another thing to consider.

Again, generation 2 hoods do not fit on generation 1 hoods without lots of effort/custom fabrication.

i am well aware that the hood wont fit without modification, and i am more than capable of doing the modification needed. i know that dg makes a hood for the gen1, but i have yet to actually see the hood in person and im on the fence about it.

I'll trade for the MS3 hood

I have a boy down here in Miami that just did it to he car last week !!! He had to swap the whole front end bumper , fenders and hood ... And everything lined up perfect .. So I got a 2011 Mazda 3 crystal pearl white ... Who ever wants to trade let me know.

Latest posts

Back