Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Roof Racks

CX5 Sport 6spd

Quote Originally Posted by loximoto View Post
    Just mounted my OEM crossbars and my old roof box. Aesthetically not bad IMHO and not so difficult/slow to mount and dismount.
    What part number is that loximoto?
    Those look like the OEM crossbars for a Mazda3, I havent seen those on a CX5 yet.

2013 CX-5 2.0L 160hp Exceed AWD AT Sky Blue

The part number is KD45-V4-701 and it should be proper of the european CX-5 version. But, looking in the Mazda 3 (old version) accessories site, it seems to me they're the same.
    http://www.mazda.it/acquisto-e-servi...rti/BDA1V4701/
    http://www.mazda.it/acquisto-e-servi...rti/KD45V4701/

It's interesting to note that the crossbars for the 2013 version of Mazda 3 are different (uglier in my opinion).
    http://www.mazda.it/acquisto-e-servi...rti/BHS2V4701/

I read somewhere (maybe in another page of this thread) that the distances between the fixed-point mounting holes on the roof are different in US and Canada version of Cx-5 and so I don't know if my model of crossbars can be mounted on your cars.

Mazda CX-5 2.0L Skyactiv-G 160hp Exceed AWD AT Sky Blue
    19" rims | Bose | SCBS | RVM | i-Stop | BSM | front&rear parking sensors | Secondary Collision Reduction.
    Bought on February, 28 2013 with 750km on the odometer.

CX5 Sport 6spd

ahh, gotcha thanks.

Registered Member

2013 CX-5

Hmm, from loximoto's photos, it looks like the rear mounting points are in different locations for EU vs US roofs. Too bad, as I prefer the EU roof rack.

loximoto, I don't know if you installed the racks yourself, but do you remember if the front and rear racks were the same size? Or was one longer than the other?

Registered Member

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring, tech package

I have the OEM rails and crossbars on my 2014 CX-5. I purchased the Yakima Universal Mighty Mounts to put my Big Powderhound snowboard rack on, and my snowboard now barely fits in between the two crossbars. I have them extended as far apart as possible. Kind of sad, because I could fit anything with no issues on my Mazda 3 with my full Yakima setup. Going to play around with the angle of the Universal Mighty Mounts now.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring

Anybody in LA area wants a pair of side rails for $200? I would need your trim pieces also. I like the CX5 without them.

2013 CX-5 2.0L 160hp Exceed AWD AT Sky Blue

Quote Originally Posted by JourneyLightly View Post
    loximoto, I don't know if you installed the racks yourself, but do you remember if the front and rear racks were the same size? Or was one longer than the other?
    Front racks are shorter than rear ones. I didn't measure the difference but I suppose it should be about 2 inches.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2014.5 CX-5 GT AWD

Bumping this one to the top. I'm looking for a rack system for ski/snowboards and surfboards in the summer time. I'm thinking of going with the Mazda package as long as the crossbars are easily removable. $250 for the rails and $125 for the crossbars seems reasonable. If I got the Mazda rails for $250, I'd be looking about about $350-450 additional for the Thule or Yakima crossbars. That is, unless anyone else has a better and more affordable idea.

Donated: $15

2013 CX-5 GT AWD w/tech (Mar'12-Jul'14)

Quote Originally Posted by tibimakai View Post
    Anybody in LA area wants a pair of side rails for $200? I would need your trim pieces also. I like the CX5 without them.
    Exactly how I like it too, smooth top, which is how mine is equipped.

Recently I noticed some dealers are adding racks to all CX-5 inventory.

Registrierte Benutzer Chris_Top_Her's Avatar
    Donated: $45
    CX Moderator

'15 CX-5 Miata GT AWD w/Tech 2.5L

I bought some and they are getting repainted right now. Gonna grab them on Thursday to make sure they had ample time to cure. Hopefully they don't look gay.

Registered Member

CX5 GT AWD

Quote Originally Posted by ReadIcculus View Post
    Bumping this one to the top. I'm looking for a rack system for ski/snowboards and surfboards in the summer time. I'm thinking of going with the Mazda package as long as the crossbars are easily removable. $250 for the rails and $125 for the crossbars seems reasonable. If I got the Mazda rails for $250, I'd be looking about about $350-450 additional for the Thule or Yakima crossbars. That is, unless anyone else has a better and more affordable idea.
    If anyone is interested I have a set of 4 Yakima Q Towers with locks and clips for a CX5 for sale.
    crossbars not included.

PM me for details.
    Thx

Mazda CX-5 2.2L Diesel AWD 6AT D

Quote Originally Posted by loximoto View Post
    Just mounted my OEM crossbars and my old roof box. Aesthetically not bad IMHO and not so difficult/slow to mount and dismount.
    Thank you for posting photos.
    I'm considering buying those Mazda bars as well. Could you tell me your roof box length? Is it 140 cm? Looks great.

Registered Member

CX-5

Factory rails and crossbars are a very easy install though you need wire snips or a hacksaw to take the pieces out of the rail covers. Fully doable from none to full setup in an hour. I would recommend factory for looks alone. Cross bars are adjustable back and forth though I've had one of the hand-turn screws come out and be lost forever.

My only real complaint with rack design in general on the CX-5 is that they are NOT designed for skis. Sure you can put a ski rack on, but don't plan on opening the hatch while they're up there unless you want to scratch the hell out of your gate spoiler. This is a seriously poor design that should be looked at.

2015 Mazda CX-5 Touring FWD, Meteor Grey Mica

I notice the OEM rails don't allow mounting the front crossbar very far forward so as to not interfere with the moonroof; as I do not have a moonroof I'm wondering if there are any rail options that would allow a more forward position for the forward bar? I would prefer a longer span between crossbars without having to move the rear bar so far back it interferes with the hatch.

I guess I could go with individual towers, but I'd like the versatility of rails.

Registered Member

2015 Mazda CX-5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by tibimakai View Post
    If anyone in the San Diego area wants my rails, contact me.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast