Quote Originally Posted by Poto View Post
    Option 1 - WingBar Max Load 75*(kg)
    Price (Includes GST) $379.00 (RRP)

Foot Pack RT 753 (8.5cm leg)
    Bar Pack GL 961
    Fit Kit Click to view fitting instructions 3069
    Lock INCL
    Copied off the Thule Australia website.

I bought this setup. Very happy with them. Not a huge Fan of roof rails with cross bars.
    Does each mounting point have two bolts, or one? In the image on the Thule website, the 3069 fit kit shows one bolt coming down, and i think there are actually two holes in the roof for each mounting point.

I'm in the US and the Thule US website does not have this option. I'll either have to wait or have the feet and fit kit shipped all the way to me in the US, because i already have square Thule cross bars.

Registered Member

cx5 GT Diesel

Does each mounting point have two bolts, or one? In the image on the Thule website, the 3069 fit kit shows one bolt coming down, and i think there are actually two holes in the roof for each mounting point.
    They have just the one bolt installed from the roof trough. I am surprised that Thule have racks placed in the Australian market before the US?

Just did a road trip with them, very happy. Economy from the Diesel was about 8Lt/100KM with a rather large Surfboard bag on the racks, a full load of Luggage, two people and the Bub. Mostly doing Highway speeds.

Noise wise, they do have an increase in sound when the Sunroof cover was open but with it closed it was hardly noticeable.

Registered Member

CX-5 Touring AWD, Tech package, Metro Grey

Thanks for the info. I was surprised as well that the US didn't have the same availability as AUS. I sent them an email. If they respond, I'll post an update here.

Glad to hear you're happy with the new setup. I guess they decided they only needed one bolt to secure each foot. As it was, the similar system I had for my 3 hatchback also only used one bolt per foot.

Registered Member

Zeal Red 2013 CX-5 GT + Tech Package

My dealer talked me out of getting the rails on my GT, quoting noise and decreased MPGs. I would use them mainly for skis only, so he told me to come back in November, when I am ready to go skiing. Not sure how real that advice was, but now my CX-5 doesn't have any rails on it.

Registered Member

CX-5 Touring AWD, Tech package, Metro Grey

FYI, for those in the US who want the Thule rack, this is what i just got back from their Support: "

We are currently working on a fit for this vehicle. Please check the Fit Guide again in 4-6 weeks for updates. Thank you for your patience. Thule is working hard to design the safest, most secure installation for this vehicle."

So, if you want a rack on your CX-5, and you don't want the OEM rack, check the Thule site in mid June.

2013 CX-5 Grand Touring w/Tech package

Just saw this today Thule 450R Crossroad AeroBlade Base Roof Rack. Looks pretty nice.

http://youtu.be/_kN7RrqKEpA

Registered Member Canadian-ES-GT's Avatar

Protege

Looks much better without them, but I guess thats normal
    I 4

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5GT w/ Tech Package

Iím using the OEM rack and cross bars, in the storage position (both bars positioned in the back) I havenít noticed much (if any) loss MPG wise, however when I throw my Thule Slipstream on it takes a huge hit MPG wise.
    I need the Slipstream for my kayak to clear the roof antenna and to keep my sea kayak off the lift gates fillet when loading and unloading. Unfortunately the fillet prevents me from opening the life gate more than 80% when the Slipstream (in closed position) is on the roof. So I take my slipstream off when I'm not heading to the ocean for some kayaking

Donated: $15

2013 CX-5 GT AWD w/tech (Mar'12-Jul'14)

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian-ES-GT View Post
    Looks much better without them, but I guess thats normal
    Agreed, I intentionally bought CX-5 without, looks a lot cleaner than most SUVs. But I realize that many need a rack to haul things.

Registered Member

2013 Mazda CX5 GT

Any advantage to the Thule system? Looks wider and would lift box higher off car?

Registered Member

Mine came with the rack, the next one without one was a month wait and I kinda needed it ASAP.

Personally I like it, it blends well with the Silver color of the CX-5 and follows the lines rather well.

2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring FWD Stormy Blue Mica

Quote Originally Posted by snadboy View Post
    Mine came with the rack, the next one without one was a month wait and I kinda needed it ASAP.

Personally I like it, it blends well with the Silver color of the CX-5 and follows the lines rather well.
    I have a stormy blue mica CX-5. I'm not sure how the silver rails would look in contrast to the dark blue paint. Wish the rails were black to match the black crossbars.
    1990 Toyota Celica - Sold (why o why)
    2000 Ford Ranger - Traded (thank god)
    2007 Honda Element - Traded (kinda miss u)
    2010 Honda Fit - Traded (kinda miss u too)
    2013 Mazda CX-5 Stormy Blue Touring FWD

2013 Mazda CX-5 AWD Touring

Quote Originally Posted by Bokeh28 View Post
    I'm interested in getting the oem roof rails and crossbars. I know crossbars can definitely affect mileage by as much as 1-2 mpg. I've heard that if you put the bars further back, not sure of the distance, when not in use the effect is less dramatic. I wonder if the rails affect the mpg significantly because I can remove the crossbars easily enough but the rails would pretty much be a permanent fixture on the car. Anyone know? Can't speak about noise.
    While I've only had my CX-5 for a few days, it doesn't seem so far to be taking a MPG hit with the factory-installed rails. I've been getting 28-30 mpg in the city, haven't taken it out on the highway enough yet to tell there. And for all the more cabin noise everyone claims that the CX-5 produces, I haven't noticed a thing. I find it to be a fairly quiet and soothing ride, even though I've purposefully listened for excessive outside noise.
    2013 CX-5 AWD Touring

"Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement."
    "Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'."
    "Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."

2018 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD+Tech / SoulRed+ParchmentWhite

did a quick how to in the HOWto section....

Registered Member

2013 CX-5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by plemieux View Post
    Do the roof racks effect MPG and wind noise inside the cabin?
    I can answer the second half of your question, subjectively speaking - No.

Regarding MPG - sorry mate, haven't had it long enough to give good intel on that. FWIW I just drove 155 miles averaging close to 80MPH with 2 add'l passengers and some light luggage... 30mpg. Whatever that's worth to you all.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast