Celsius vs. Fahrenheit on display

rugby8man

:
Mazda CX-5 GT
Does anyone know how to change the Climate Control to display the temperature in degrees Fahrenheit as opposed to Celsius? We just got our new 2013 Mazda CX-5 GT last night and ended up spending 30 minutes with the salesman trying to figure it out. Everyone from the dealership gave it a try and nobody could figure it out.

It is in the owners manual I read it yesterday. Of course I cannot remember the exact method but it did requiring holding some buttons on the steering wheel the it allowed you to change it.

I took 15 min for us to change it a the dealership. Apparently it used to be VERY easy to make the change(on other models) and everybody complained because they would do it accidentally. So now it is quite a complicated procedure. Something like turn off the car, hold mode button for 10 sec, start the car, when the temp flashed hit + once then hold the mode button again.....

Here's the procedure for the outside temperature display. Maybe it is similar for the inside temperature display? This is from the user manual PDF (you can search through it):
The outside temperature unit can be switched between Celsius and Fahrenheit using the following procedure.
1. Press the INFO button with the ignition switched off and continue pressing the INFO button for 5 seconds or longer while switching the ignition ON. The outside temperature display flashes.
2. Press the up or down part of the INFO switch to change the outside temperature unit.
3. Press and hold the INFO button for 3 seconds or longer while the outside temperature display is flashing. The outside temperature display illuminates.

Back