Genuine Mazda integrated Bluetooth!

What's actually really strange is that my friend's '11 Sport has this same system. I was certain I remembered his having BT, but couldn't find anything about the factory system so I thought maybe I was remembering a different car I saw the same day. When I found a pic of this system it's exactly what I saw. What's strange is that he got his car for a really low price, and certainly didn't add the unit, so I wonder how it got in there.

This is a pic of it BTW. http://www.mazdaparts.org/mazda-2-integrated-bluetooth.html

I wonder how it integrates with the factory audio system and if the steering wheel controls on the touring will change tracks when streaming music. Maybe there's a "hidden" bluetooth mode on the factory head unit. I hope it doesn't interfere with the AUX jack.

Edit -

Found installation instructions. http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-24809172479195/mazda2bluetooth.pdf Looks like there's already stuff in the harness to plug it into, not surprisingly. Can't wait to hear more about this, I'll really strongly consider getting it.

Last edited:
Very interesting. Thanks for posting the installation instructions! I might buy this later soon.

I have a hard time believing that that GPS unit is going to be anything other than a piece of crap. I'd like to do an in-dash aftermarket unit but there's no way I'd get one without XM/Sirius, and there's also the issue of either losing the steering wheel controls or losing the trip computer. Plus, anything that looks that much like an aftermarket unit, even if it's actually custom made for the model, is going to last about 6 hours in my parking lot before somebody breaks in for it.

Well, I purchased today from my dealer and had them price-match the online price. Should have it, at the earliest, Monday! Anyone want pics of install when I do it?

I wanna see pics and/or video of the actual operation of the unit itself! I'm mainly interested in how it interacts with the stock headunit!

It is interesting but at 240 bucks to add BT...this is something the touring should have had standard, but Id want spend a little extra and go the doubledin route and good a nice BT\gps enabled touchscreen that can do a lot more.

http://www.autodvdgps.com/car-dvd-g...bluetooth-ipod-control-for-mazda-2-p-585.html

There are so many different units out there. I found an even nicer one that has custom molded buttons on the side so it looks oem and not just a deck swap.

Well, my parts came in but I might not be able to install until Thursday because of the weather and the fact that my boyfriend's Trans-Am is a garage queen. :\

Alright, it's in and it works great! Although I didn't take photos of installation in progress I will take a video of how the system works with the phone when I find my camera. Installation was pretty straightforward, however almost the whole dash needs to come apart for you to route wires and plug in the new system. Surprised to find that the whole car is basically a clip/snap job. I'm so accustomed to lots of bolts on the Taurus that taking apart the 2 was a welcome change. I did run into a snag, but it was my own fault because I turned the car to the accessory position while the gauge cluster was unplugged which triggered the "service engine" light, but it quickly went away with about 5 miles of driving.

546378_10100179721698653_58212272_39023489_1027006255_n.jpg

Can you stream music from your phone (pandora, mp3, etc) to the bluetooth system?

Yep! Funny thing is that you can turn off the radio and it will still play.

Here is a photo of the microphone location -
154506_10100183246090743_58212272_39024925_800257213_n.jpg

Somehow the buttons are upside down, however this is the only way it snaps into that space on the car. I will have to contact Mazda directly to see if my unit was just a manufacturing mistake or what.
295196_10100183246474973_58212272_39024927_75189784_n.jpg

Last edited:
Can you control the music at all from the car's controls when streaming audio? It'd be awesome if the stereo controls (and wheel buttons on the Touring) could change tracks, but I'm not holding my breath.

Can you control the music at all from the car's controls when streaming audio? It'd be awesome if the stereo controls (and wheel buttons on the Touring) could change tracks, but I'm not holding my breath.

Nope, from what I'm noticing from my phone is that the "up and down" arrows select the music (forward or backward) and I have to control the volume from my phone. To me, it's not that big of a deal however to others it might be. No idea if it's different on the Touring with the steering wheel controls.

Back