Weird CLICKING sound coming from 2011 CX-9 Tailgate, intermittent, when car is off.

blackntan

:
2011 Mazda CX-9 Touring - Black n Tan
I noticed this a few weeks back. Was outside farting around, and heard a click come from the back of the CX-9. Sat there for a few minutes, and heard it again. Walked up to the car (which is parked, turned off, hadn't been driven in a while) and heard the dang click again. I'm not sure if it is a motorized click sound, or what...but it's very weird. It happens every few minutes or so, no rhyme or reason. The car is locked.

Anyone ever heard of an issue like this? We have the power liftgate, but have had no issues with it thus far.

Haha, I figured so much. Just checking to make sure I'm not the only one losing my mind, guess I am...

You meant the clicking sound after you shut off the engine?
It could be the metal contraction from the CAT cooling off.

Nah, it's definitely a clicking sound coming from the tailgate. Guess it isn't a common occurrence, I'll live with it.(whistle)

Follow Up for Blackntan

Nah, it's definitely a clicking sound coming from the tailgate. Guess it isn't a common occurrence, I'll live with it.(whistle)

Did you ever figure out the clicking sound? I just bought a used 2008 CX9 and have the same sound from my rear hatch. Makes a clicking sound when closing.

No, haven't figured it out. It doesn't make any clicking sounds when the gate is opening/closing. It just randomly happens, I guess there's just demons in the trunk lid or something. I've just learned to ignore it.

No, haven't figured it out. It doesn't make any clicking sounds when the gate is opening/closing. It just randomly happens, I guess there's just demons in the trunk lid or something. I've just learned to ignore it.

I have clicking sound at front around console on and off in my CX9. but it is not really bothering too much

Latest posts

Back