Infant/Convertible Car Seat

EquipDr

Hopeful future CX-5 owner here. My wife and I are loving everything about the CX-5 but are a little concerned about how our 2.5 year-old son's convertible seat will fit in the back seat. Likewise, we are expecting another addition in October, so an infant rear-facing seat will go back there as well. From what I've seen in pics and read in specs, there looks like plenty of leg room as well as ceiling height in the backseat. I guess my biggest concern would be that our son's feet will touch (i.e. kick) the back of the driver seat and that we would always be adjusting the passenger-side seat when putting the infant seat in.

Any parents out there with a car seat or two installed in their CX-5? If you have any pics, that would be super helpful too.

Thanks!

EquipDr, You inspired me to register just to answer your questions on car seats. I'm a certified "Child Passenger Safety Technician", unless your 2.5 y/o is freakishly long legs (Or the driver sits far away) the seat should keep them from kicking you. As to the infant seat, you might be best to bring the car when you purchase it. most stores will let you take it out to the car to see how it fits. I think the Cx5 has way more room in the back then I have seen in some cars that I have installed.

A week before my son was born; I purchased the cx5 for more room. I have a large dog plus my son. The infant seat fits perfectly in the back seat. You have plenty of room back there for two little ones. I garentee it.

I had a 5 year old behind me in a booster seat. Im 5'8" and my seat adjustments are mostly in the middle. He had plenty of room and loved the ride. From other experiences with the same seat there was more room than a Nissan Xtera but not as much as an Armada.

I've had my large 4 year old nephew in my car. I put the seat all the way back, and he can kick the seat (if he tries to reach far enough).
The CX-5 though is far easier than any car I've had to install seats in. Having the ISO Fix is a bonus as well.

Thanks for replies, everyone. That's exactly what we wanted/needed to hear. Sounds like another reason to love the CX-5.

Here is my 2 year old in his seat. The passenger seat is sitting about an inch further back than the driver seat. The drivers seat was adjusted for me and I'm 5'7, so hopefully this will give you an idea.
DSCN1429.jpg

DSCN1430.jpg

DSCN1431.jpg

Here is my 2 year old in his seat. The passenger seat is sitting about an inch further back than the driver seat. The drivers seat was adjusted for me and I'm 5'7, so hopefully this will give you an idea.

Huge thanks, vfrguy, for the pics! Your little guy looks about the same size as my son and luckily, there's room to grow :).

Love the headrests, btw!

Can you tell me what brand infant carrier you have? I have a snugride and it does not fit behind the passenger seat if someone is in the front unless their knees are basically touching the glovebox

Can you tell me what brand infant carrier you have? I have a snugride and it does not fit behind the passenger seat if someone is in the front unless their knees are basically touching the glovebox
That is a Graco. Mine is similar. I've got the Graco Nautilus and the Sunshine Radian.

Back