New Black GT

stonewolf

:
CX-5
Picked her up yesterday, and then huge storm rolled through, waxed her last night & today in the ole garage, roller her out for yall to see (yippy)

Just in case someone wanted to see :)
GT1_3qtr.jpg
GT1_in_frt.jpg
GT1_sde.jpg
GT1_R3qtr.jpg

Black Mica
GT w/ Tech Pack

Beautiful!! I love the interior but i would be worried about it showing dirt.

Nice with the white interior. Really loving my black GT, but reckon it's going to need decent cleans :)

Leather is Dove grey, just looked white due to the camera, wasn't to bad to clean, the 3 coats of wax took along time with the on off rain.

thanks for the thanks, i remember someone was looking for pics of black so i wanted to ensure they got posted.

Love the interior nice pics :) I don't think that color was available here in Canada, or I would of went with that with my white cx5.

Love the interior nice pics :) I don't think that color was available here in Canada, or I would of went with that with my white cx5.

If the Canadian website is to be believed, the combination of white (200$ option) is available with the sand interior.

Color was not available here in TX either, it was Blk/Blk but the cave man look with fire ants running around it wasn't my first choice, so that is actualy a brand new car with leather swapped out, Dealer did a great job.

Nice pics. Liking the black with your interior choice. But I'm a sucker for black on black, especially at night.
Loving the styling Mazda has done with our rides. Makes me wonder how the new CX9 will look.

I was thinking about getting the Touring model and adding leather. How much did the dealer charge you to swap out the leather?

the couple dealers were offering dealer installed leather between $1200 - $1500. I'm sure I could have bargained it down. One of the guys said the shop they use is 'Mazda Certified', whatever that means.

Very nice! How come yours doesn't have the AWD badge? Isn't AWD standard on the GT trim?

GT's are available with front wheel drive in US market, 19's standard equipment.

Last edited:
yea its FWD, in Texas if the weather is bad its best to stay home, if needing AWD i just borrow my friends truck to tow around anything of interest.

Don't know the actual Cost of the leather, Dealer switched it due to me originally wanting the Sand interior, but they could only find black.

Put Huper Optik ceramic all around last week, complete difference in the interior temps afterwards, the front glass felt like it has Zero sun blocking in it so afterwards was night and day.

The car drives great, and the outside will of course get dirty, but the inside is nice with the light tones.

finally drove it enough to put my own tank of gas in it so now i can start tracking mileage.

Thanks yall.

Stonewolf, would you be able to post more pics of your interior. My wife and I are getting a Black Touring and were looking at having a lighter color leather put in as to avoid the cave effect you get from the black interior. The dealer is asking 1100 to add leather which really seems like a pretty decent deal. Is the leather that was added to yours a katzskin kit? Also how much did you pay for the Optik Ceramic install? Thanks

Back