Whats the physical difference between an 05 and an 06 mazda 6???

Whats the physical difference between an 05 and an 06 mazda 6??? My wife smashed her 06 last year in a snow storm and it needs a new hood,passenger fender,bumper, and the driver headlight. I see a ton of parts on ebay but they say are for an 05 not an 06 will the 05 parts work on the 06??? or did they change the dimensions for the 06 year.

The 06-08 models got the new face lift. I believe the fenders are the same size on all 6's.

The hood should be the same size as well. You can interchange bumpers for 03-05 to 06-08 and vice versa, but if you replace the bumper with an 03-05 one you will have to replace the foam that goes behind the bumper and the clips that hold the bumper to the fender.

Thanks man, I found a Mint 04 Mazda 6 that has 250k on the clock, Im going to use it as a donor car for parts. I appreciate the help man.

To swap to the older front end, your also going to need the inner fender wells as those are specific to whatever style bumper you run. You will also have to swap the grill because of the grill cut out is slightly different between the 03-05 and the 06+ bumpers.

My 2005 Mazda 6 GT V6 was not available with HID. I installed the aftermarket HID but since the low beam and the DRL are same bulb, I had to disable (ground) the DRL. From 2006, the DRL bulbs moved away from the outer bulbs. Installing HID kit won't lose DRL, in this case. Black tail light surround, fog light is placed below the headlight on each side, the V6 emblem has been moved from the side to the rear right of the vehicle. The wheels are different too.

Back