Intro and....where's the 2012 Mazda3 forum?

terrywyse

:
2012 Mazda3 sedan, 2.0L Skyactiv
Hello all,

New subscriber......and "new" Mazda owner.....

Used to have an original (we were original owners) 1988 Mazda 323 GTX (red/gray) that gave us many years of reliable service. It was a blast of a car.

Nostalgia: Bought the GTX new from a dealer in Columbus OH a few months before my wife and I were married......brought home our first baby in the GTX....that same baby learned to drive a manual transmission in the GTX.

Alas, time doesn't stand still so we recently worked a trade with a local Mazda dealer in Charlotte NC (where we live these days)...traded in the GTX for $2,500 and drove away with a new 2012 Mazda3 sedan with the 2.0L Skyactiv engine and 6-speed manual....we're on day 3 with the new Mazda3 and loving it but the sting of trading the GTX is going to linger for a while I think.

Was wondering if there's going to be a forum for 2012 Mazda3 owners? I'm particularly interested in tracking other owners of the Skyactive engine and their experiences with it. Pretty hi-tech engine....I'm hoping Mazda got it right.

Regards,
Terry

Welcome to Mazdas247! (2thumbs) Congrats on the new car purchase!

You are posting in the 2010 + (the "~" effectively means + or -) Mazda3 forum. This is the current generation and the date when they will move to the next generation is not known yet which is why the forum title is the way it is.

There are several other members who have the SkyActiv 3, and I'm sure if you browse through the various threads you'll happen upon them! :D

i'm hoping they got it right too.
i have the automatic and it's a bit funky at times. going to take the wait and see additude on it

Back