Picking up my new 2012 Mazda5 today or Tuesday!!!!

Slayer33

:
2012 Mazda 5 GT
Well its a done deal.. picking up our 2012 Mazda5 GT in Crystal White Pearl!

Just wondering if there's any "must have" items that I should maybe include in my financing of the car?

I am going to a shop in town to have the 3M, undercoat and diamond coat paint installed. But I am curious to know if there is anything I should get from the dealer before pickup.. like.. rear bumper guard? or rear sliding door visors?

I am interested in getting a cargo tray, but I don't like the U.S. version.. I really like the UK version that looks rugged and more durable..

Actually, the tint I had them give to us for free... that was one of our "things"... I also got them to throw in the 3M on the front end for free and got the lifetime protection package for 1/2 price. :)

Hey....I ordered our GT in pearl white too!!

As for accessories and options from the dealer, I'll likely get the Weathertech Digifit floor liners, rear bumper protector in steel and rear mud flaps.

Our local tint place (FX Auto) is pretty good so we'll go to them for some heat protection.

Some questions if anyone knows:

1. What bulb is used in the fog lights? I'd like a EDM/JDM yellow fogs look.
2. Does the shift knob come with the chrome trim like the Miata or plain leather? I've seen pics with both and I know they can be easily swapped.
3. Any recommendations for a DVD/Media player system for the kids in back?

Congrats on the purchase @Turbohatch!

I ended up going with the 5AT. It was the practical decision for our little family.

So far, I have for added accessories:

20% window tint
3M front protection
Rear Bumper Guard
Weathertech Floor Mats
Weathertech Rear Cargo Tray
Exhaust Finisher (not OEM Mazda, got a nice one from Canadian Tire for $16)

Last edited:
Congrats on the purchase @Turbohatch!

I ended up going with the 5AT. It was the practical decision for our little family.

So far, I have for added accessories:

20% window tint
3M front protection
Rear Bumper Guard
Weathertech Floor Mats
Weathertech Rear Cargo Tray
Exhaust Finisher (not OEM Mazda, got a nice one from Canadian Tire for $16)

Nice list so far!

I have a few questions if you please....
Did the dealer install the 3M front end protection? Do you have pics of the edge of the film on the hood (how far up does it go)?
Do you have a pic of how the exhaust finisher looks mounted?

I don't have a pic, I'll try to take one and post it later.

The dealer installed the 3M, it came up the hood about 12".

I measured the 3M last night, about 17.5" from the front of the hood to about the middle of it.. so quite a bit of coverage.

Here is a quick pic I took of the exhaust tip take with my camera phone. Sorry about the dirty car, it's been snowing on/off all week.

p4pb7989485.jpg

Back