Window Tints (?)

Akira.

:
2013 Mazda CX-5 touring, 2014 Mazda 6 I touring
Hello everyone,
I will be getting tints put on next Friday. I am stuck between limo in the rear and 35% up front or just the 35% up front. Any one looking to get tints done or have exsperince in having a suv tinted?

Just had mine using llumar ctx ceramic. Went with 50% up front and rear 15%. Pretty sure it had be done by hand as there system isn't updated with our cx-5's. Either way go with ceramic, well worth it!

Here is mine with limo tint in the rear and 35% on the front two windows.

472259_10100228499207895_34402183_41809869_647646718_o.jpg

Last edited:
^^ now we're talking!!!
Looks like I know what ima do now. Thankyou

Nice job! Does anyone know if the GT model comes with factor rear tint?

Just had mine using llumar ctx ceramic. Went with 50% up front and rear 15%. Pretty sure it had be done by hand as there system isn't updated with our cx-5's. Either way go with ceramic, well worth it!

Mind posting a pic?

I have an appointment later this week to get my Silver CX-5 tint done with Madico Charcool CH55 55% in fronts and CH20 20% in the back. I am near Boston, so the extra $$ for ceramics wasnt worth it, Madico Charcool is a hybrid (not dyed) and highly acclaimed. Haven't seen a negative review for it and installers love it on tintude.com forum

My preference is just 35% tint on the fronts, that's what I did on my white CX-5. The rears are plenty dark (at about 20% tint) and I don't want to reduce my ability to see out at night.

Got 45% fronts and 18% rears when I asked for 50% front and 20% back due to state laws. This on a black sport. Even with such a difference in % from front to back they look uniform in anything but direct sunlight.

I just got mine done.
Went with 20% so it flows well with the rears.
Couldnt be happier.

Akira - So you did fronts only in 20% to match factory tint on rear windows.

To those that had their tints already done, did the installer have to remove the door panels to fully cover the windows panels?

To those that had their tints already done, did the installer have to remove the door panels to fully cover the windows panels?

no. They can not cover the parts in the rear windows that are already black from factory. There is a black outer boarder then some dots as it comes in. They will go as close to the dots as possible without touching. The tint will peal if it touches those parts.

I only had my 2 fronts tinted, and I was there during most of the process. I did not see them remove inside door panels. End result was excellent.

quick question to those that had their done.

does the installer need to or did they take off the door panels to apply the tint?

I am reading pros and cons, as if they dont get below the weather stripping then the tint film will likely peal in time

quick question to those that had their done.

does the installer need to or did they take off the door panels to apply the tint?

I am reading pros and cons, as if they dont get below the weather stripping then the tint film will likely peal in time

Nothing needs to be removed. What windows are you specifically talking about?

For the hatch and rear triangle windows they will tint on the clear portion of the glass leaving a 1-2mm gap around the black edging of the window. For the front and rear windows that go up and down, they push the weather stripping down inside the window when they are tinting to get below it and then pop it back out when they are done. If you are doing it through the dealer, I'm sure they are using a good quality shop. Most if not all will guarantee the tint for life from anything happening to it either pealing, bubbling, or fading/purpling.

Back