Interior Lighting

BadApple

Ol' Skoo
:
2013 CX-5, 2002 Mazda Protege5
I have been playing with the idea of changing out the stock interior lights to LED's. The flip down DVD player that i bought from the dealership for my kid replaced the lights above the driver and passenger seat and came with LED lighting built into the player. So it bugs the crap out of me when i open the door at night and have two different color lights illuminating the interior ... and honestly the LED's are brighter and look far better than the yellowish stock bulbs.

Edit on 04-05-2012

I am going to start updating thread with bulb sizes given in this thread. The list can be for any light on the vehicle. So post up the size of the light/bulb and location of the light and we will start making a list of all sizes.

Light Sizes for CX-5

***Note differences in bulb sizes between Xenon/tech package and Halogen models***

Front headlights/fog lights: H11
Front turning signal : 1157NA
Front drl (HALOGEN): hb3u 9005
Front drl (XENON/Tech Package): p13w
License Plate Bulb: 168/194/T10/W5W Wedge bulb
Cargo lights: 28mm F
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]estoon bulb, labeled 10D
[/FONT]Front Map lights: 28mm F[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]estoon bulbs, labeled 10D
[/FONT]Rear Map lights: 28mm F[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]estoon bulbs, labeled 11B
[/FONT]Vanity Lights: 29mm bulbs w/ flat end caps (looks like old style fuses)

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
I've purchased from superbrightleds.com before and their quality is decent but a bit pricier (shipping costs). I would probably go the ebay way...much cheaper.

SuperBrightLEDs.com

I went with superbrightleds.com. Couldn't be happier, and they're very bright for colored LEDs. I can't imagine how bright the white ones would be! Driver Side.JPGRear Hatch.JPG

I am also interested in knowing what sizes we need for the full interior.

I am also interested in knowing what sizes we need for the full interior.

sylvania has a bulb reference thing where you put in specs but unfortunately they only seem to have it up to 2011 models...

i'll put a 'third' in for superbrightleds.com i've gotten stuff from them many times over the years for various applications, good stuff, not as cheap as the ebay stuff but slightly more reliable

superbright has an application thing too but it only goes to 2011 also (except apparently for one 2012 lexus)

Last edited:
I have not had the chance to look in the Manuel yet...I wonder if it has bulb sizes mentioned in it.

i checked the manual, it doesn't mention the actual bulbs... just that they exist and how to change them, but the representative pics are repetitive, apparently every bulb inside the car including tail/reverse/signals are tiny wedge base bulbs lol

It might help for anyone who gets around to it to take pics of the bulbs, specify their size and where they came from (ie. Dome lights, license plate lights...etc.)

Maybe then we can create a sticky noting all bulb sizes on the vehicle! Just a thought. :D

The lisence plate bulb is 168/194/T10/W5W Wedge bulb.
Got it from eBay in white.

Front headlights/fog lights: H11
Front turning signal : 1157NA
Front drl : hb3u/9005

Last edited:
Anyone have any experience with Ebay HID's? I was thinking about picking up some 6000k HID's for my headlights and driving lights.

Last edited:
Anyone have any experience with Ebay HID's? I was thinking about picking up some 6000k HID's for my headlights and driving lights.

For my headlights/fog lights I had purchased the Xentec Brand and they work perfectly for me. I had these for all my cars and not 1 problem.

I am interested in knowing would it work for the DRL"s. the LED bulb I have in now looks great but isn't that noticeable rather than near sunset/sunrise time. Looks bad ass non the less.

For my headlights/fog lights I had purchased the Xentec Brand and they work perfectly for me. I had these for all my cars and not 1 problem.

I am interested in knowing would it work for the DRL"s. the LED bulb I have in now looks great but isn't that noticeable rather than near sunset/sunrise time. Looks bad ass non the less.

can you post some night pics when u get the chance?

Back