phone holder, 2012 CX9 GT Samsung Note

jrgmanict

:
Mazda CX9 Grand Touring 2012
Need a phone holder and/or a base that i can build from. I saw someone on here that had something that looked like it attached on the passenger side in the console area. Any help would be great. Want to bring the phone up from current location. Thanks

^^^^That looks great! Definitely will buy. I had a Proclip in my Passat, but in the CX-9, it blocks the info screen. The Kuda looks OEM. Thanks for the link!

Yes thank you for the Link.
Ran across them the other night but was not sure about them.
With your recommendation they so are are at the top of the list.

I ordered the KUDA yesterday and it is on its way. Talked to the dealer about the add on for my Note and I ordered his suggestion.
Now I need to figure out how to remove the trim piece to install the holder.
Thanks for the suggestion.

I installed this one. Solid as a rock and looks great. My phone is cantilevered off of it with a ram mount and there is no wiggle or vibration whatsoever. It is a bit pricey, but it looks fantastic.

http://www.kudausa.com/mazda-cx-9-since-2007-black-a1444.html

The trim.is simple. Stat at the bottom and pry it straight back. Work upward until.all the clips have released. One thing to note is that the metal tab on the Kuda goes between the silver and black pieces of the trim. It fits in a picket forked where the 2 prices are attached.
Dave

Thanks again for the help on this.
I ordered a trim tool removal tool to help with the prying of the trim, I did not want to use anything metal to pry the trim as it might damage the trim piece.
Looking to see if I can drill into the KUDA and install bolts and nuts to better secure the holder onto the KUDA bracket. Only concern is how much room I have between the bracket and the trim piece so that I do not touch the trim piece with the metal hardware. Not really sure if I like the adhesive pads to install the Holder to the Bracket.
Have you had any trouble with the adhesive pad?

The trim.is simple. Stat at the bottom and pry it straight back. Work upward until.all the clips have released. One thing to note is that the metal tab on the Kuda goes between the silver and black pieces of the trim. It fits in a picket forked where the 2 prices are attached.
Dave

So I got the package from KUDA the other day.
Waited tell today to install the unit into the vehicle along with the Universal holder and mount.
It came with a couple of adhesive Pads and I not a big fan of using adhesive in South Texas as it can get pretty hot in a vehicle during the summer months.
Drilled 4 holes into the holder and used some Socket 4/40 bolts and locking nuts to secure the mount to the KUDA fixture.
Then secured the Universal Holder to the Mount.
Here are some pictures of the Mount with the hardware attached to the Kuda and the Whole unit installed in the Vehicle.
album.php

album.php

album.php

Attachments

• phone holder.jpg
    phone holder.jpg
    504.7 KB · Views: 1,526
  • kuda2.jpg
    kuda2.jpg
    505.2 KB · Views: 386
  • kuda1.jpg
    kuda1.jpg
    388.9 KB · Views: 388
So I got the package from KUDA the other day.
Waited tell today to install the unit into the vehicle along with the Universal holder and mount.
It came with a couple of adhesive Pads and I not a big fan of using adhesive in South Texas as it can get pretty hot in a vehicle during the summer months.
Drilled 4 holes into the holder and used some Socket 4/40 bolts and locking nuts to secure the mount to the KUDA fixture.
Then secured the Universal Holder to the Mount.
Here are some pictures of the Mount with the hardware attached to the Kuda and the Whole unit installed in the Vehicle.
album.php

album.php

album.php
Hate to bump an old thread, but have a question about this, if you are still on this forum.

Kuda, nice. I like the Kuda in our 2012 CX-9. Places the phone in an optimal location, in my opinion.

Back