Thread: phone holder, 2012 CX9 GT Samsung Note

Registered Member

Mazda CX9 Grand Touring 2012

phone holder, 2012 CX9 GT Samsung Note

Need a phone holder and/or a base that i can build from. I saw someone on here that had something that looked like it attached on the passenger side in the console area. Any help would be great. Want to bring the phone up from current location. Thanks

2011 CX-9 Sport

I installed this one. Solid as a rock and looks great. My phone is cantilevered off of it with a ram mount and there is no wiggle or vibration whatsoever. It is a bit pricey, but it looks fantastic.

http://www.kudausa.com/mazda-cx-9-si...ack-a1444.html
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    2011 CX-9 Sport.
    Heated Seats/Dual Climate, TSW Jarama 20"/Hankooks, Clifford 2 way alarm, iSimple iPod hookup, Sirius sat radio, Black out tint, LED in and out, Weathertech Front/Middle/3rd Row/Cargo, Momo Leather/Carbon Fiber shift knob,
    More to come: Mazda splash shields, Mazda bug shiels, Mazda roof racks, Infinity speakers, Kenwood amp, Warp drive, etc.

2012 AWD GT Liquid Silver

^^^^That looks great! Definitely will buy. I had a Proclip in my Passat, but in the CX-9, it blocks the info screen. The Kuda looks OEM. Thanks for the link!
    jerry/
    3M front clear bra : 30% 3M front window tint : Rear bumper aluminum step plate
    OEM alll weather floor mats including cargo mat
    '05 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4X4. Big Tow & Off Road Package. 2" Leveled. 35" Toyos - E-Locker 3:92gears.

2011 CX-9 Sport

You're welcome!!!
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

Yes thank you for the Link.
    Ran across them the other night but was not sure about them.
    With your recommendation they so are are at the top of the list.

Registered Member

I ordered the KUDA yesterday and it is on its way. Talked to the dealer about the add on for my Note and I ordered his suggestion.
    Now I need to figure out how to remove the trim piece to install the holder.
    Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by cmrbison View Post
    I installed this one. Solid as a rock and looks great. My phone is cantilevered off of it with a ram mount and there is no wiggle or vibration whatsoever. It is a bit pricey, but it looks fantastic.

http://www.kudausa.com/mazda-cx-9-si...ack-a1444.html

2011 CX-9 Sport

The trim.is simple. Stat at the bottom and pry it straight back. Work upward until.all the clips have released. One thing to note is that the metal tab on the Kuda goes between the silver and black pieces of the trim. It fits in a picket forked where the 2 prices are attached.
    Dave
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

Thanks again for the help on this.
    I ordered a trim tool removal tool to help with the prying of the trim, I did not want to use anything metal to pry the trim as it might damage the trim piece.
    Looking to see if I can drill into the KUDA and install bolts and nuts to better secure the holder onto the KUDA bracket. Only concern is how much room I have between the bracket and the trim piece so that I do not touch the trim piece with the metal hardware. Not really sure if I like the adhesive pads to install the Holder to the Bracket.
    Have you had any trouble with the adhesive pad?

Quote Originally Posted by cmrbison View Post
    The trim.is simple. Stat at the bottom and pry it straight back. Work upward until.all the clips have released. One thing to note is that the metal tab on the Kuda goes between the silver and black pieces of the trim. It fits in a picket forked where the 2 prices are attached.
    Dave

Registered Member

So I got the package from KUDA the other day.
    Waited tell today to install the unit into the vehicle along with the Universal holder and mount.
    It came with a couple of adhesive Pads and I not a big fan of using adhesive in South Texas as it can get pretty hot in a vehicle during the summer months.
    Drilled 4 holes into the holder and used some Socket 4/40 bolts and locking nuts to secure the mount to the KUDA fixture.
    Then secured the Universal Holder to the Mount.
    Here are some pictures of the Mount with the hardware attached to the Kuda and the Whole unit installed in the Vehicle.

Attached Images Attached Images

2009 Mazda CX-9 GT

Quote Originally Posted by jrgmanict View Post
    So I got the package from KUDA the other day.
    Waited tell today to install the unit into the vehicle along with the Universal holder and mount.
    It came with a couple of adhesive Pads and I not a big fan of using adhesive in South Texas as it can get pretty hot in a vehicle during the summer months.
    Drilled 4 holes into the holder and used some Socket 4/40 bolts and locking nuts to secure the mount to the KUDA fixture.
    Then secured the Universal Holder to the Mount.
    Here are some pictures of the Mount with the hardware attached to the Kuda and the Whole unit installed in the Vehicle.

Hate to bump an old thread, but have a question about this, if you are still on this forum.

2009 Mazda CX-9 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Boy View Post
    Hate to bump an old thread, but have a question about this, if you are still on this forum.
    Never mind, I got it figured out; ignore the power cables, they are going to disappear very soon.

Donated: $0.61

2011 MX5 GT

Kuda, nice. I like the Kuda in our 2012 CX-9. Places the phone in an optimal location, in my opinion.
    Nik
    2012 Mini S Clubman

Previous:
    2011 Black MX-5 GT
    2001 Black Mica Protege ES 2.0