Aftermarket Stereo

I was thinking more about the setting for lights, locks and other settings that are set in the menu system that would otherwise be on the GT. Not the biggest of lists, so in many cases the factory settings are completely suitable.

Without the touchscreen head unit, you can't change any of the personalization features. I had to go to the dealer to get most of them set to my preference. The one thing they could not do is enable the unlock all doors with one press. I was told that I'd need to wait until the next round of updates come out for their diagnostic computer. I was able to get "smart turn" enabled, and the lighting timers were adjusted also. Of course the unlock all doors feature was to one I wanted changed most. If they can't do it in 6 months I'm going to see if they will swap in the touch screen temporarily to allow the setting to be changed.

Nice work. Why did you go with the surface mount microphone instead of wherever the stock placement is (in the overhead center console, I believe)? Also, regarding lack of an adapter for the antenna -- does this mean that AM/FM don't work or work poorly, in addition to HD?

I just bought the CX-5 Sport Manual in Liquid Silver; I wanted bluetooth + 6-speed manual, but for some reason Mazda doesn't think stick shifts and hands-free devices are a logical combination. So, aftermarket it is.

location of mic installers choice, was he just lazy? Right now poor reception using a powered antenna

I love the location of the bass volume and cut off switch. Nice touch! I have to do that now, just waiting for all the adapters and mount kits to be released.

The new iPhone is also rumored to have a different plug too, so I might have to wait for that...

Pioneer 8400

Far as I know this fits like a glove with no special efforts or customization, same size a factory radio, just more screen (7 inch). And I am okay with the mic where it is, kinda cool seeing it there and knowing that other six speeds ain't got bluetooth. I use the iphone 4s with no problems, cord works well and bluetooth sync is seamless. Only complaint so far is no antenna hook up.

The radio definitely needs some sort of install kit. The hole size is approximately 8.5 inches wide and taller than 7 inches. Double din is 7 inches by 4 inches. I looked online and could not find anything for my CX5. Sixspeed, is there any way to find out what kit your installer used?

Thanks

His installer didn't use a kit, from the looks of it. It's just a sheet of ABS plastic with a hole cut out for the radio, basically. No companies have made a dash kit for our vehicles yet

Back