CX-5 Photos - Share your shots with us!

Hello there,

First time poster here, but a long time Mazda owner. Just got my Pearl White CX-5 GT AWD last friday after quite a long wait as replacement for my, also Pearl White, 2007 Mazda3 GT. So far it seems I made a good choice among the competitors I tested before. Here are some shots, with uglier winter wheels eh. I'll add more as time permits.

front.jpg
attachment.php

side.jpg
attachment.php

engine2.jpg
attachment.php

cluster.jpg
attachment.php

Last edited:
Hello there,

First time poster here, but a long time Mazda owner. Just got my Pearl White CX-5 GT AWD last friday after quite a long wait as replacement for my, also Pearl White, 2007 Mazda3 GT. So far it seems I made a good choice among the competitors I tested before. Here are some shots, with uglier winter wheels eh. I'll add more as time permits.

View attachment 192766
View attachment 192767
View attachment 192765
View attachment 192764

Congrats on your purchase (and the shots). Love the white so much. I'd already decided on black before I saw the white. I could have easily been persuaded.
Shots of mine to come soon. Just received today :)

Hey Guys,

I just picked up my Black Mica CX-5 GT AWD w/ Tech on Tuesday. Love the car so far. Are you guys doing anything to protect the hood and front bumper of the car from stone chips, etc...?

Just curious...

Shot of mine are coming soon too.

I haven't yet, but there already are at least two OEM options: a full nose mask (not a big fan of those) and a hood edge protector. I kinda like the edge protector; it blends in well to the overall look of the vehicle and is reasonably priced. You can find the nose mask and edge protector at a discount here: http://www.mazdaparts.org/gemacxexac.html. You could also use a paint protection film.

Zeal Red Mica GT Photos

All, here are some shots of our Zeal Red Mica GT FWD. I've also posted some close-up photos of installed accessories (moonroof deflector, hood edge deflector and mud flaps) in the accessories sub-forum.

IMG_1156.JPG
IMG_1155.JPG
IMG_1154.JPG

I know there's a trick to this...How do you include the pictures in a reply instead of just a link to an attachment?

My Zeal Red Mica CX-5

I got my CX-5 10 days ago, but I wanted to detail it before posting any pictures. Here was my process:

- Wash tires, wheels and wheel wells
- Wash vehicle with Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine in the shade of the garage
- Clay the paint to remove any imbedded contaminants that might have occured during shipping (fortunately, there wasn't much)
- Apply Optimum Poli-Seal sealant for a nice layer of protection
- Protect the plastic trim with PERL
- Spray tires and wheel wells with Armor All Tire Foam (cheap and quick)
- Forgot to apply protection to the rims!!! :(

Here's the finished product:

After1.jpg

After2.jpg

After3.jpg

After4.jpg

After7.jpg

After5.jpg

Finally add mine.... Yet to change number plates, so these are temporary.

7056465283_f4a0f640c2_b.jpg

7056464885_870caee1e5_b.jpg

7056476471_7fc3ff9c61_b.jpg

6910387166_5c8615d058_b.jpg

6910379650_2033c9880f_b.jpg

6910394680_6cc6e94977_b.jpg

7050615515_8fcc0bcd6e_z.jpg

6904524450_29cfd73c93_z.jpg

Last edited:
Points off for parking in a Handicapped space! ;)

Just kidding. Awesome color. Black makes any vehicle look amazing, especially after a nice polishing and coat of wax to bring out the color and reflectiveness! Congrats.

Do you know what those caps under the headlights are for? They look too far down for headlight wipers. The U.S. version doesn't have them. Are those the sensors for the iBrake or whatever it's called for frontend collision avoidance?

P.S. I really like that last pic of the tach. It looks like something straight from the brochure with the reflections shining off the surrounding casing!

Did anyone buy floor mats from the dealer? I'm wondering if the dealer mats are the same as weathertech... in terms of fitting?

Thanks,

Points off for parking in a Handicapped space! ;)

Just kidding. Awesome color. Black makes any vehicle look amazing, especially after a nice polishing and coat of wax to bring out the color and reflectiveness! Congrats.

Do you know what those caps under the headlights are for? They look too far down for headlight wipers. The U.S. version doesn't have them. Are those the sensors for the iBrake or whatever it's called for frontend collision avoidance?

P.S. I really like that last pic of the tach. It looks like something straight from the brochure with the reflections shining off the surrounding casing!

Thankfully not too busy down at the boat launch. It was the best spot for photos :)
I spent quite a bit on 3M Venture Shield coating (which is on for these photos). This should not only make looking after the car easier (it protects against small dings and scrapes), but hoping it makes cleaning the car easier.

The caps under the headlights are the Xenon light washers. By law Xenon's need to have washing and auto levelling systems in Europe, Asia, Australia, New Zealand... actually practically everywhere except the US.

They're not on the US vehicle, because the US doesn't make it compulsory by law.

The reason most countries make it law are quite complex, but the basic version is that Xenon's don't work as well as standard headlights if the lens is obscured by dirt, and they're more affected by the weight of the vehicle because they're so directive. As a response to this, Europe's specifications enforced Xenon washing and auto levelling to ensure that the lit area was up to the standard. Most countries saw these specifications as completely understandable and have included them in their own standards. It is for example part of Australian standards.

The current US regulations were released quite a long time ago prior to HID Xenon's being introduced. Further to that, Xenon's fall within the US standards despite European findings.

The University of Michigan did some research into Xenon's, auto levelling and washing for US purposes and came up with findings that auto levelling is very important and washing is less important:
http://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/bitstream/2027.42/58733/1/100247.pdf

Usage wise, the washers are attached to the same washer bottle as the front and rear windscreen washers and will wash the lights once per each 5 wipes of the main windscreen (when washer is used).

Thanks for comment of tacho. It was just the iPhone. Put it there mainly to show low rpm of diesel compared to petrol.

Thankfully not too busy down at the boat launch. It was the best spot for photos :)
I spent quite a bit on 3M Venture Shield coating (which is on for these photos). This should not only make looking after the car easier (it protects against small dings and scrapes), but hoping it makes cleaning the car easier.

The caps under the headlights are the Xenon light washers. By law Xenon's need to have washing and auto levelling systems in Europe, Asia, Australia, New Zealand... actually practically everywhere except the US.

They're not on the US vehicle, because the US doesn't make it compulsory by law.

The reason most countries make it law are quite complex, but the basic version is that Xenon's don't work as well as standard headlights if the lens is obscured by dirt, and they're more affected by the weight of the vehicle because they're so directive. As a response to this, Europe's specifications enforced Xenon washing and auto levelling to ensure that the lit area was up to the standard. Most countries saw these specifications as completely understandable and have included them in their own standards. It is for example part of Australian standards.

The current US regulations were released quite a long time ago prior to HID Xenon's being introduced. Further to that, Xenon's fall within the US standards despite European findings.

The University of Michigan did some research into Xenon's, auto levelling and washing for US purposes and came up with findings that auto levelling is very important and washing is less important:
http://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/bitstream/2027.42/58733/1/100247.pdf

Usage wise, the washers are attached to the same washer bottle as the front and rear windscreen washers and will wash the lights once per each 5 wipes of the main windscreen (when washer is used).

Thanks for comment of tacho. It was just the iPhone. Put it there mainly to show low rpm of diesel compared to petrol.

my 5 with tech has the levelers in it supposedly (along with steerable lights)

Back