Interior shots of base model

jaman_ca

I've been searching for decent pics of the interior of the base model (I think "Sport" in the US, it's the "GX" in Canada) but can't find any. I saw a GX model at a dealer lot but it was damaged and difficult to see anything due to the glare. I've been to 3 local dealers and none of them have a base model I can look at it (let alone drive). They said something like, "when we get one, it's sold in a day or two"). He basically said to wait for the next production run.

The main reason I want to see it is because according to the specs, the base model has "cheaper" cloth seats than the mid-level (in Canada GX vs GS). I just hope they're not excessively cheap, though that's a pretty personal subjective opinion.

The main reason I want to see it is because according to the specs, the base model has "cheaper" cloth seats than the mid-level (in Canada GX vs GS). I just hope they're not excessively cheap, though that's a pretty personal subjective opinion.

I don't think they're too cheap. I've actually heard they're the most comfortable of the lot (even more so than leather).

I'm test drove both the Sport and Touring model and can tell you that the cloth seats in the Sport where still very high quality. In my opinion, they were indeed the more comfortable out of the two. The only thing that the Touring model had going for it was that the seats had a little better design.

Last edited:
Sorry I forgot to add that I'm actually getting a Sport model so when I receive it I will definitely post pics up.

I found this pic
IMG_9199.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good to me! Now the wait till summer to see if there are some discounts to be had. With the new Escape and Santa Fe coming out around that time, I hope Mazda will have some promotions.

What is the purpose of the open-sided box just forward of the shift lever. It appears to be a storage locker, but since it has no door anything put into it will fall out!

It's not really for storage since there is no door to hide valuables from sight, but it is convenient to place your phone or ipod there while driving. The bottom of it has a rubberized mat to prevent things from sliding out. I do wish there was a door like in my Accord so that I can put my garage door opener there out of sight.

I also thought it might be an extra place to place an after market stereo or something, but it has the 12v outlet there.

Back