How To Acquire Non-US Spec Head Restraints for a US-spec CX-5

Wow those headrests look tight! Also, only ONE cup holder?! Where will my passenger put their big gulp?! LOL. I ordered my headrests from Sydney, Australia on Friday. I will post pics when I get them in two months. Hope you guys are patient.

T

Why would it matter? The fact is, your car would no longer have any high beams. The legality is a moot point. Who would want to be driving on a dark, rainy highway at night and reach down to turn on the high beams only to find that someone had eliminated that functionality?

I know the CX-5 low beams are excellent but they do not negate the need for high beams at higher speeds. It's like asking if it's illegal to remove 5th and sixth gears.

Who would want to do that (and what would be the advantage)?

You are totally incorrect. They both have Grand Tourings with Tech. For those who have the tech package, the DRL only function as DRL's. The HID's have high and low built into them. You lose nothing by switching out the halogen bulb to an LED. This has been discussed and proven many times before. The only issue is if you have a non-tech car, which doesn't apply to these two guys.

Cupholders missing from the rear middle pull-down too.

No, We`ve got those.

21_433682855_xl.jpg

Last edited:
Okay all,

I know it's been a little longer than I thought (5 months total), but here's what you have all been waiting for! I finally got my Euro-style headrests from Sydney, Australia. I have to thank Chris Kay from their Service & Parts department for working with me and shipping to Oregon, USA for me. In total I spent about $350 for two headrest and shipping. I don't think that's bad at all. I've posted some pics for you to see and please excuse the mess in my car. I'm not gonna lie, I'm a mom of a very "spicy" little girl. I'm so excited about these headrests. It almost makes me want to clean the car! I'm not great at forums, but if you click on the images you can read the blurbs I wrote about each one. If you're interested. Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
I'm having my mother inlaw bring me back a set from Italy in August.....

When I ordered mine they were not in stock. The Japanese factory had to make them and ship them to the dealership in Austrailia. They said that no one has needed these parts yet so mine were the first ones made for individual sale. Just FYI. You might want to preorder them and have MIL pick them up. Save you $80 in shipping.

When I ordered mine they were not in stock. The Japanese factory had to make them and ship them to the dealership in Austrailia. They said that no one has needed these parts yet so mine were the first ones made for individual sale. Just FYI. You might want to preorder them and have MIL pick them up. Save you $80 in shipping.

That I AM an old fart may be the problem, but in reviewing this thread I failed to find the contact information for the dealer you used. Could you supply this for me? I want to order a set.

Brian

That I AM an old fart may be the problem, but in reviewing this thread I failed to find the contact information for the dealer you used. Could you supply this for me? I want to order a set.

Brian

Sure! Sydney, Australia dealership info is below. My contact was a service rep. Really nice guy.

My contact was

Chris Kay - Chris.Kay@johnnewell.com.au
John Newell Mazda
Ph# 02 9318 8888
Fax# 02 9318 8801

Do you have the part number? A friend of mine goes to Italy next month...

Sure! Sydney, Australia dealership info is below. My contact was a service rep. Really nice guy.

My contact was

Chris Kay - Chris.Kay@johnnewell.com.au
John Newell Mazda
Ph# 02 9318 8888
Fax# 02 9318 8801

Do you have the part number(s)? My US Dealer said he will try to order them for me but he needs a part number since he cannot look them up.

Thanks!

Previous Mazda 6 had pretty much the same headrest, but I don't know if it fits or not. My ex 2008 Volkswagen Rabbit had the same style too.

Previous Mazda 6 had pretty much the same headrest, but I don't know if it fits or not. My ex 2008 Volkswagen Rabbit had the same style too.

This is a pic of the Mazda 6 headrests. The metal posts fit, but there is a two inch gap between the headrests lowest setting and the seat. See pic

Do you have the part number(s)? My US Dealer said he will try to order them for me but he needs a part number since he cannot look them up.

Thanks!

Do you have the part number? A friend of mine goes to Italy next month...

Found it! Part number is: KD51-88-24002

Remember this is for the black with red stitching. Also, please don't overlook the fact that the factory DOES NOT have these in stock. They have to be made to order. So it takes a few months to get them made. I'm not sure why. That is just what I was told by service.

Hope this helps. Would be awesome if you could get them in the US dealerships. My dealers told me they aren't legal here so he couldn't order them. Awesome that yours is so cool!

Tanya

Last edited:
This is with the new Mazda6 headrest? I see that the new one has the same style and the Mazda3 also.

This is with the new Mazda6 headrest? I see that the new one has the same style and the Mazda3 also.

Tibimakel, I'm not sure what you're asking. The tan colored headrests are from the Mazda 6, placed on my CX-5. Not sure exactly what you are asking otherwise. Did you want to know more?

Back