How To Acquire Non-US Spec Head Restraints for a US-spec CX-5

I have tried my wife's 2009 Honda CRV headrest and it fits perfectly. The only problem is, that it's gray. I don't think these CRVs come with black interior.

If that Mazda6 is pre 2014 or the 2014 model?

Pre 2014, I think. Come to think of it, I'm not 100% sure. I think it was the 2013 model. I did it at the dealership. Td be easy to go there and check if your interested in buying them anyway.

those headrests look much better. they are probably more comfortable too. we need a group buy!

I would buy those headrests. The ones I have now sit too high and partially blocks the rear view.

New to the forum but they (the Euro spec headrest) kind of look like the US Spec Honda Fit rear head rest.

In my opinion, we should try other cars headrest which are black. The 2009 Honda CRV it's perfect, my wife's car and I have tried it. The only thing is, that is gray. Somebody, should try out the Mazda 6's headrest.

Here it is with the new Mazda6 headrest. There is a slight gap, but not that much as the previous picture. 20140131_165920.jpg

2014-02-03 11.03.18.jpg2014-02-03 11.03.25.jpg

Went to the dealer and tried the Mazda 3 headrest and while not perfect it's pretty good, hard to say if it's better than the Mazda 6 one from the pic above or the same. The only issue, the posts seem to be a touch thicker and when trying to take it out the dealer thought we wouldn't be able to, I had to help him pull it out. He didn't have pricing yet.

In my opinion they are the same. The sales person, who swapped it for me, didn't have any issues removing or re-inserting it.

Much nicer than the U.S. spec rear headrest. Unfortunately in Mexico, we also get the U.S. spec ones. They do block the view so much more than the non-U.S. ones.

Has anyone considered the rear seat headrest from the 2014 Mazda3?

It looks just like the non-us spec CX-5 headrest. If it fits we would be all set.

Anyone up for checking it?

I posted pictures of it 3 posts back, right after tibimakai's picture of the headrest from the new 6.

A new hope...

I talked to a friend who lives in Japan that he may be able to get some for me. (dance)

Obviously the biggest problem is shipping cost. (sadbanana)

Maybe I can set up a group buy, so it'd cut back the shipping cost. I don't know the exact cost yet but hopefully not an arm & a leg. :D Also, tell me how much $ would you spend on these head rest.

Who'd be interested? ;)

I talked to a friend who lives in Japan that he may be able to get some for me. (dance)

Obviously the biggest problem is shipping cost. (sadbanana)

Maybe I can set up a group buy, so it'd cut back the shipping cost. I don't know the exact cost yet but hopefully not an arm & a leg. :D Also, tell me how much $ would you spend on these head rest.

Who'd be interested? ;)

I am.

Back