Thoughts about wheel upgrades

Has anybody actually swapped wheels yet? I'm still interested to see what will happen with the TPMS going off...still waiting for a CX-5 with the 19"s to come in and I'll let the forums know what happens.

My opinion is from many years experience with wheel/vehicle combination. I think that manufactures spend considerable time testing wheel, tire, shock ans suspension combinations and offer one or two packages from the factory. These factory wheel, tire combos are what the test data has yielded to provide the best AR performance. Now if you insist and changing the wheel/tire for a specific reason, then accept the fact that some other handling characteristic will suffer. I would keep the original wheel, tire size as delivered until one has had a chance over 5K miles or so to see if a change is really desired. Ed

no offense erhayes but "too loud, too old". let the modders mod, and trust me, your beloved factory seriously botched my stock NC2 suspension, just sayin.

That's what I mean. It will need to be lowered to look good. The car, stock, has huge wheel gap.

That's a look we see in the "Hood" here a lot if that's the look you're going for..

you gotta post some impala pics for the unknowing to gaze upon. so funny.

you gotta post some impala pics for the unknowing to gaze upon. so funny.

LOL...How bout a Buick?

PHTO0016-1.jpg

U.G.L.Y that should be illegal.

The thing is that the wheels just look huge on a smaller car.

On an CUV it would not give the same affect...

1- The rim will not look as Huge
2- Of course no wheel gap is preferred, but will not look as "Hood" on a CX5

That's not bad, might go to a wheel shop and do some test fitting.

So Akira any pics of those HID's?

Looking forward to seeing some.

That's not bad, might go to a wheel shop and do some test fitting.

So Akira any pics of those HID's?

Looking forward to seeing some.

Let us know how that turns out.
Sure, I'll take a pic today and post it under the thread for pics.

A little motivation for the modders and non modders. A photochop I did while trying to decide on wheels.

pho_gallery_CX5_ext5.jpg

Hopefully I will have them on before summer; if not I'll wait till next year to slap them
On.
I already know what wheels are going on :)
Won't tell tho....

A little motivation for the modders and non modders. A photochop I did while trying to decide on wheels.

pho_gallery_CX5_ext5.jpg

Looking good, I was thinking of something like this for my white cx5 with a white rim stripe.

I did quick photoshop, just not sure if its worth posting...

The cladding is still there in the picture. Just hard to see since its dark.

Ok not my best photoshop work but you get the idea.

This is what 22's with no drop would look like, I retained the same size as the original wheel tire combo.

Ill work on it later to make the pins tripe a little smaller.

cx5m.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Back