Complete CX-5 Wheel Specs

You may be able to get it on there , I got a 66.7mm spigot on mine just fine. Well your wheels is going to be a lot more rigid than that spigot and it Is a mm smaller. Only thing is to test it.

- Synonym I like the last wheel.

I think the following specs for wheels would fit..BUT is the offset too much?
Would the tire stick out too much?
I do not know the center bore yet.
I have the OEM wheels now 17" x 7 with Geolanders but I have a chance to get a deal on rims with these specs:

Size: 17x7.5
* Offset: +45mm
* Backspacing: 6.02"
* Bolt Pattern: 5-114

Any help is appreciated!

GMP Buran 8.5 x 20 ET 40 :

I want to ask if the tyre 245/45/20 stick out too much or is this the perfect combi on the CX-5 ?

Package will stick out 20 mm (0.8'') farther. Backspace is 160 mm = 6,3 Is it not touching the fender ?

19-Inch-GMP-Italy-Buran-MB-Alloy-Wheels__PI_7858_0_0_998_998_600.jpg

Last edited:
I like the last one. When I will be changing my wheels I will be considering the weight of them also. Will have to be less then the factory ones.

Than you`ll have to choose a Rotary Forged wheel, these wheels are much lighter than cast-alluminium wheels, for example the TSW Panorama RF weight 23,5 Lbs (=10,3 kg) excl.tyre, although these wheels are much more expensive !! (less petrol-use, lower un sprung weight, more acceleration speed)

Last edited:
GMP Buran 8.5 x 20 ET 40 :

I want to ask if the tyre 245/45/20 stick out too much or is this the perfect combi on the CX-5 ?

Package will stick out 20 mm (0.8'') farther. Backspace is 160 mm = 6,3 Is it not touching the fender ?

my wheels are 255,45,20 wheel 20" et 15 (according to the etching inside the wheel and my wheels are basically flush with the fender. I'm also lowered and don't rub.

btw, tire on sale $136 ea http://www.onlinetires.com/products/vehicle/tires/toyo/255%2F45-20+toyo+proxes+st+ii+105v+bsw.html

Last edited:
@Chris the GMP Buran`s are disappeared from my list, now I go for the TSW Panorama Matte Black........

are you sure you have ET 15 ??
That is what is etched on the inside of me wheel, hub bore 73.1 mm. I would probably go with 30-40 for that wheel. My spokes bow out and the backspacing is different, so 15 et on that Panarama would probably not be flush.

lexani-lss-55-black-machined-face-pinstripe-exposed-lugs.jpg

Last edited:
Now I see, that`s because of the lips.......(the ET 15 !)

The stock 19" wheel seem to weight about 32lb. The toyo a23 tire is 28 lb. Both weigh 60lb. That's 10lb lighter than my current set up, and the new wheels I bought are lighter as well.

The stock 19" wheel seem to weight about 32lb. The toyo a23 tire is 28 lb. Both weigh 60lb. That's 10lb lighter than my current set up, and the new wheels I bought are lighter as well.

Don`t make mistakes Chris........the 20 inch wheels needs a wider kind of tyre, so the tyre is heavier than the tyre mounted on the 19.......We have to be glad that the 20 inch TSW set is equal on weight with the 19 inch set !

Don`t make mistakes Chris........the 20 inch wheels needs a wider kind of tyre, so the tyre is heavier than the tyre mounted on the 19.......We have to be glad that the 20 inch TSW set is equal on weight with the 19 inch set !

Yea that was the idea

Lugs nuts question!

Just got mazda pem Cx-5 wheels 17 inch version from ebay for late winter setup.

Silly Question: Can I use the center caps and lug nuts which came with my 19 inch mazda cx-5 wheels ?:eek:

While the ET value of the 19" is the same of the value of the 17" (= 50 both also 7J) you can use the same center caps and nuts (European version)

I'm thinking of using Mazda Tribute / Ford Escape alloy wheels for the winter. Specs are 16"x7" with 45mm offset. So the wheels are pushed away from the suspension by 5mm.

I have 2 different size tires under consideration.

#1 - 215/75/16
this tire is narrower for winter use, only .6% taller than the stock 17", and also I believe will give me the same track width of 1587mm.

#2 - 225/70/16
this is the same width as standard setup, only .4% lower than stock, but increases track to 1597mm.

For those of you who speak of scrub radius, suspension wear, leverage, etc, which is the best setup?

you're talking such minor differences that i wouldn't worry about your choices...

i'd always opt for the narrower tire for winter specific use...

How about using 215/70/16 - which is about 3% lower? The only 215/75/16 I can find is the Toyo Observe and at $175 per tire is more than I want to spend. The 215/70/16 is both narrower and readily available. 1010tires says I could risk brake failure (not sure why).

Back