Complete CX-5 Wheel Specs

In Australia we need to meet or exceed the load rating of the standard wheels in order for aftermarket wheels to be legal.

Does anybody know the load rating of the standard 17" steel wheels which are standard on the base model maxx here in Australia?

The wheels im looking at have a load rating of 735kg so i dont see any problems but would rather play it safe and check.

Just weigh OEM 17x7 wheels, all 4 of them, they all came in at 23 lbs each.

Just swapped them out with OZ 17x7.5, same scale, same floor OZ came in at 15lbs, I just hope these OZ can and will last, that is 8 lbs off each wheel, not bad.

In Australia we need to meet or exceed the load rating of the standard wheels in order for aftermarket wheels to be legal.

Does anybody know the load rating of the standard 17" steel wheels which are standard on the base model maxx here in Australia?

The wheels im looking at have a load rating of 735kg so i dont see any problems but would rather play it safe and check.

That is really difficult information to find. Two idle thoughts come to mind.

Write to Mazda corporate and see what answer you get, you might be sure to give them the part number of your wheel, which is likely stamped on the back of the wheel.
Remember your lug nut torque ratings when you remove your wheel to find the part number.

or

I wonder if you can interpolate based on the highest GAWR of the vehicle? In the US, the GAWR for the front and rear axles are printed on a label on the drivers door frame. I would guess you could take the highest rating, divide it in two to get a minimum wheel load rating, but I am guessing you would have to check that with local transportation authorities.

Just weigh OEM 17x7 wheels, all 4 of them, they all came in at 23 lbs each.

Just swapped them out with OZ 17x7.5, same scale, same floor OZ came in at 15lbs, I just hope these OZ can and will last, that is 8 lbs off each wheel, not bad.

I think he is asking about the load carrying capacity of each wheel, rather than the weight of the wheel. I think it is really obtuse information, which I NEVER recall seeing on any manufacturer web sites, even expensive forged mono block pieces by BBS.

I'm also looking at the Load Rating issue,as over here we cannot fit "passenger load rated listed" wheels to SUV's ie. RX8/MX5.
Matlev- This site might help you,I come across these with the correct SUV load rating.
I just got to check the width for the CX5,I'm not sure if 8.5 is going to be too wide?
http://www.gmaxwheels.com/wheels.php?wheelname=Matador

Hi! I'm a new member recently bought 2014 CX-5
I read your comments about wheel spacers.
Do you recommend style 1 or style 2 for the CX-5 and how wide?
I read some have gone as far as 25mm but that seems pretty wide and could cause TPMS issues?

We purchased a 2014 Mazda CX-5 with 17 inch wheels. I have a set of snow tires from my 2010 Mazda 3 hatchback, size 205/55 R 16. We're wondering if they would fit the CX-5.

Will not fit. your tires are meant for 16 in wheels.

We purchased a 2014 Mazda CX-5 with 17 inch wheels. I have a set of snow tires from my 2010 Mazda 3 hatchback, size 205/55 R 16. We're wondering if they would fit the CX-5.

On 16" Mazda3 wheels, they should unless the rotors are bigger on the 5. However, they are also liable to be too short for the CX-5. The overall circumference will be incorrect.

Anyone know if the 20" wheels from the CX-9 will fit my CX-5? They are 245/50R20. Also wondering if I can put my stock 225/60R17 from the CX-5 will fit the CX-9.

Anyone know if the 20" wheels from the CX-9 will fit my CX-5? They are 245/50R20. Also wondering if I can put my stock 225/60R17 from the CX-5 will fit the CX-9.

You can put the Cx-9 wheel on it. Search the show me your wheel thread I think it is in there.

Hi guys!
Let me ask a question...

There are a lot of Japanese sites and not only Japanese have tables for specific wheels.
Well
In the 6th column is the so-called "hub clearance".
Can anybody post a link or image to see what is it?

Thanks in advance!

For example -
9d9w.jpg

Guys! Need your opinions and comments...

In Russia there is a saying - Prepare sleighs in summer (Prepared for All Eventualities)
That's why I thought about buying new wheels with tires for next summer.

There are three options here.
How do you think which of them would look better?
Also I will be grateful if advise in the dimension of tires for wheels. (245/40 or 245/45)?
Thanks in advance

Vers 1

dzz9.png

n93h.jpg

Vers 2

cgdh.png

xf.gif

Vers 3

jzmz.png

fq76.jpg

I like the last one. When I will be changing my wheels I will be considering the weight of them also. Will have to be less then the factory ones.

I have just purchased rims with a centre bore of 66.56 mm. Will I need to machine the hub slightly larger to fit the 67.1 mm or is it such a small difference that it won't matter?

Back