Complete CX-5 Wheel Specs

Can some one tell me, in millimeters what the diameter of the center cap is on a 19" 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring rim? I wanna buy some new center caps, but I don't know exactly what size to get. Thanks in advance.

I just bought a 2016 CX5 Sport. It came with Blizzak snow tires on it that are pretty new. I'm contemplating picking up a set of used rims and getting normal tires mounted. So far I've not found an exact match. I found some 225/60 r17 mounted to an Infinity EX35 OE rim. The Rim is the right bolt pattern, and 50 offset, but center bore is 66.1. So that's off. And the tires would be a smaller diameter.
Option 2 is a set of Hyundai Sante Fe rims. This are a 67.1, 5*114.3, but the offset is 41 not 50. Should I go with the Sante Fe Rims even though the offset is 9mm off, this would put the tires further outside of the vehicle right?

I just bought a 2016 CX5 Sport. It came with Blizzak snow tires on it that are pretty new. I'm contemplating picking up a set of used rims and getting normal tires mounted. So far I've not found an exact match. I found some 225/60 r17 mounted to an Infinity EX35 OE rim. The Rim is the right bolt pattern, and 50 offset, but center bore is 66.1. So that's off. And the tires would be a smaller diameter.
Option 2 is a set of Hyundai Sante Fe rims. This are a 67.1, 5*114.3, but the offset is 41 not 50. Should I go with the Sante Fe Rims even though the offset is 9mm off, this would put the tires further outside of the vehicle right?

The Sante Fe rims would require less work on your part. The Infinity's need their bore machined out and the smaller tires would throw your spedo off by about 3% (of course they can be replaced). The 9mm offset difference is less than 3/8". The wheels will look more flush (some here prefer that look) but you'll have no clearance problems. You may see more splatter on the rockers panels/lower fender from the tires in the rain/snow but that's about it.

The Sante Fe rims would require less work on your part. The Infinity's need their bore machined out and the smaller tires would throw your spedo off by about 3% (of course they can be replaced). The 9mm offset difference is less than 3/8". The wheels will look more flush (some here prefer that look) but you'll have no clearance problems. You may see more splatter on the rockers panels/lower fender from the tires in the rain/snow but that's about it.
Unfortunately the Sante Fe ones are gone. Is there really not 1mm of play on the center bore?
I called a few machine shops and they want $80 per rim to remove that 1mm of the Infinity rims. So it wouldn't be worth while.

I have modified some Audi wheels, by modifying the bore diameter and I have also removed 2mm, from the inner face(for better ET), but I have never installed these wheels(RS4).I'm lucky, because I'm a machinist.

Does anyone have the full specifications on the 2017 CX-5 19" GT Wheels?

Rim Width: ??
Offset: ??
Weight: ??

I gone through this thread from the first item and see several members mentioning 16" wheels for winter.

Who is running this setup? With 70 series as the profile, does it feel sloppy with such a high sidewall?

I just got a '17 cx5 Touring with 17x7 wheels and the offset has changed to 45... I believe from reading this thread that it was previously 50. It also has TPMS sensors.

Does anyone have the full specifications on the 2017 CX-5 19" GT Wheels?

Rim Width: ??
Offset: ??
Weight: ??

I'm wondering the same thing.
Looks like the 1st post in this thread mentions the First Gen CX-5 had 19x7 wheels. (seems narrow to me)
Do we know if that wheel size was retained for the '17?

Wheel specs

Here is a picture of the 2017 KF 19" OEM GT rim, they were on sale on a japanese website.
Offset 45 MM.

I am wondering if its possible to bolt on rims with an offset 35 MM.

Gr. Karl

Last edited:
on my 14', I have 36MM and lowered on CS springs. The tires are stretched a bit, though.

Last edited:
Wheelie: thanks for the picture, that's exactly what I wanted to know.
I still can't figure out why the wheel is so narrow, just seems like an odd choice for a CUV. Heck, my RX8 had 18x8 wheels standard...

as for a 35 offset, I don't see that being a problem at all as long as you don't lower it much. There should still be a good amount of room there for a lower offset or wider tire.

Jedi54 Its niche that i can help you with this picture that i've found.
Came by a Mazda dealership today, and held a measureingtape from the top of the fender to the ground.
More then 10 MM clearence sideways from the stock rim.

I am not planning to lower the car i like the height, it is cuv / suv typical i.m.o.
The 2017 KF is slightly lower as the 2012 - 2016 models.
Probably i will decide for the 35 MM offset.
Thats the only size that i can purchase my favorite type of wheel in.
Oxxo Vapor Black 8J x 19" offset 35 MM, its an in Germany manufactured wheel.
The same wheel is also for sale in 20" version, but i am affraid that the ride in our country wil be to ( bumpy ) ?!

Gr. karl

Last edited:
Does anyone know if 16 steel rim from Mazda6 would fit 2017 CX-5? I want to get set of winter tires on them if they fit.
Thanks,

So 2017 CX-5 has changed a little in the wheel category. Obviously hub bore and lug pattern have stayed the same.
19x7 et45 with a 225/55/19 tire
17x7 et 45 with a 225/65/17 tire

Hope this helps.

Back