OBDII Code P0451- Evaporative Emission Control System

This part is attached to the fuel tank, but you don't have to drop the tank or anything to get to it. The fuel tank is under the second row seats, and this part is attached to the side of the fuel tank that faces towards the rear of the car. You can get to it by crawling under the car near the left rear wheel and looking up.

I attached a photo - the rear of the car is toward the bottom of the picture. The fuel tank is just out of the frame at the top of the photo. For reference, the larger black tube on the left of the photo is the fuel filler and it runs back to the fuel door. The part you want to replace is the U-shaped black tube that runs from the top center of the photo, through the white clip, and then bends around and attaches to the tube on the right side of the photo. The pressure sensor is the bit right in the middle of the photo with the wires attached - there's no way to replace this by itself, you have to buy the whole tube assembly and replace it.

Thanks mang.

I replaced this part TE69-42-58X in my 2009 CX9 and it fixed the problem so I could pass Emissions.

Hi,
I have a 2013 and I just got this code too. i reset it once and it came back a few days after. i was wondering if you noticed any corrosion in the connector when you took off the damaged one? I assume, based on some photos i saw, that the connector is wrapped up with some tape. I am thinking of disconnecting the connector first, spray it with some dielectric and add some dielectric grease first before i decide to replace it.

When you removed this component? did you disconnect the battery? was there any gas under pressure that can sprayed you when you removed it? I just want to be safe when removing this hose.

Thanks,
Roberto

Hi,
I have a 2013 and I just got this code too. i reset it once and it came back a few days after. i was wondering if you noticed any corrosion in the connector when you took off the damaged one? I assume, based on some photos i saw, that the connector is wrapped up with some tape. I am thinking of disconnecting the connector first, spray it with some dielectric and add some dielectric grease first before i decide to replace it.

When you removed this component? did you disconnect the battery? was there any gas under pressure that can sprayed you when you removed it? I just want to be safe when removing this hose.

Thanks,
Roberto

You can try the clean the contacts but I didn't see any issues with the wiring or connectors when I replaced it.

I disconnected the battery before starting this. Since I was messing around with the fuel system I figured better safe than sorry. Plus, it resets the ECU and shuts off the check engine light. This hose is not pressurized and only has vapor in it.

Resurrecting a 10 year old thread but does anyone have any tips on extracting the old evap sensor/hose assembly? Trying to get at it while its up on jacks and I cant seem to unhook the old hose given the clips are holding on for dear life. I'm guessing I'll have to do this up an actual lift/stand?
This is for a 2010 CX-9 that's throwing a P0451 code..

Thanks!

I was able to release the clips with a small flat blade screwdriver with the car on the ground in my driveway. It has been a long while since I did this so I don't remember the exact details but I know it didn't require any special tools.

I was able to release the clips with a small flat blade screwdriver with the car on the ground in my driveway. It has been a long while since I did this so I don't remember the exact details but I know it didn't require any special tools.
Thanks.. I cannot for the life of me get to the rear end of the hose.. it also seems to be covered in a sticky foam which leaves me unable to see where the clips are.. all the while with my nose an inch from the undercarriage.. I'm tempted to just cut the house out and deal with the clips after the hose is cut out... bad idea?

Back