Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OBDII Code P0451- Evaporative Emission Control System

Guest2018
    Quote Originally Posted by qck View Post
    I took it to my dealer and the problem is the fuel tank pressure sensor had been shorted.
    I should have read further along in the thread before making my first post. Sounds about right based on your reported symptoms.

Glad you got it fixed!

Registered Member

2010 CX-9 GT

Just got this code the other day, after my wife filled the gas tank. Thought it might be gas cap related, but after several days with a new gas cap, the "check engine" light has not extinguished.

The part # for the fuel tank pressure sensor is TE69-42-58X (I think). Confusingly, the part title is "Evaporative Hose with Sensor". If the check engine light remains on, I will probably have a go at replacing this hose assembly and seeing if that fixes the issue. It looks pretty easy to do, I was just hoping the gas cap would fix it...

Registered Member

2010 CX-9 GT

Quote Originally Posted by jal142 View Post
    Just got this code the other day, after my wife filled the gas tank. Thought it might be gas cap related, but after several days with a new gas cap, the "check engine" light has not extinguished.

The part # for the fuel tank pressure sensor is TE69-42-58X (I think). Confusingly, the part title is "Evaporative Hose with Sensor". If the check engine light remains on, I will probably have a go at replacing this hose assembly and seeing if that fixes the issue. It looks pretty easy to do, I was just hoping the gas cap would fix it...
    Updating in case others have this issue...

I replaced the "Evaporative Hose with Sensor" part listed above (TE69-42-58X). No more Check Engine light. The part was ~$85 through an online parts supplier. It is a 10 minute job, the part is really easy to swap - all you need is a flat blade screwdriver to get the "quick release" connectors off.

Registered Member

2011 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Updating in case others have this issue...

I replaced the "Evaporative Hose with Sensor" part listed above (TE69-42-58X). No more Check Engine light. The part was ~$85 through an online parts supplier. It is a 10 minute job, the part is really easy to swap - all you need is a flat blade screwdriver to get the "quick release" connectors off.
    Where is it at?

I'm getting this code and looking to do this too. I replaced my fuel cap with a new one and the code popped back up.

Registered Member

2010 CX-9 GT

Quote Originally Posted by eplanajr View Post
    Where is it at?

I'm getting this code and looking to do this too. I replaced my fuel cap with a new one and the code popped back up.
    This part is attached to the fuel tank, but you don't have to drop the tank or anything to get to it. The fuel tank is under the second row seats, and this part is attached to the side of the fuel tank that faces towards the rear of the car. You can get to it by crawling under the car near the left rear wheel and looking up.

I attached a photo - the rear of the car is toward the bottom of the picture. The fuel tank is just out of the frame at the top of the photo. For reference, the larger black tube on the left of the photo is the fuel filler and it runs back to the fuel door. The part you want to replace is the U-shaped black tube that runs from the top center of the photo, through the white clip, and then bends around and attaches to the tube on the right side of the photo. The pressure sensor is the bit right in the middle of the photo with the wires attached - there's no way to replace this by itself, you have to buy the whole tube assembly and replace it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jal142; 03-11-2018 at 10:06 AM. Reason: clarification - orientation of picture

Registered Member

2011 Mazda CX-9 Touring

This part is attached to the fuel tank, but you don't have to drop the tank or anything to get to it. The fuel tank is under the second row seats, and this part is attached to the side of the fuel tank that faces towards the rear of the car. You can get to it by crawling under the car near the left rear wheel and looking up.

I attached a photo - the rear of the car is toward the bottom of the picture. The fuel tank is just out of the frame at the top of the photo. For reference, the larger black tube on the left of the photo is the fuel filler and it runs back to the fuel door. The part you want to replace is the U-shaped black tube that runs from the top center of the photo, through the white clip, and then bends around and attaches to the tube on the right side of the photo. The pressure sensor is the bit right in the middle of the photo with the wires attached - there's no way to replace this by itself, you have to buy the whole tube assembly and replace it.
    Thanks mang.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12