CX-5 Touchscreen Manufacturer?

pixelcat

:
2013 Mazda CX5 Touring AWD
Hi all!

I was wondering: Does anyone know which company manufactures the OEM Mazda CX5 touchscreen?

It uses an old pressure-based touchscreen by default; I was looking into the possibility to switch it out with a more responsive capacitive one. The Googles don't provide anything relevant, unfortunately.

TomTom does the Nav technology. Does that mean they produce the actual touchscreen itself? Probably I'm guessing.

Cheers.

Doubt TomTom makes their own screens...That is pretty specialized stuff and generally supplied by a few large manufacturers that specialize in this.
That conversion might be tough..

TomTom does the Nav technology. Does that mean they produce the actual touchscreen itself? Probably I'm guessing.

I seriously doubt it. The nav unit is an in-dash plugin. Literally a 15 minute install. System works completely without it.

Hmmm... can that TomTom module be purchased later and self-installed?

Yes...$449, 15 minute install...Replaces the coin holder in the left lower dash...All the wiring and plugs are already in place..

IMG_3798-vi.jpg

Is there a way to update the maps like a USB port or SD card? Is the Navigation system manual online or in PDF form anywhere?

Thanks.

Is there a way to update the maps like a USB port or SD card? Is the Navigation system manual online or in PDF form anywhere?

Thanks.

There's a removable SD card that is updatable... All the info is in the Nav Manual.. Dunno if one is online though.

Latest posts

Back