Lowering springs or coilovers?

The suspension setup is very similar to my Fusion, which is the same as the Mazda 6... or at least it looked very similar from what could see: struts up front, multilink in the rear. Someone will make parts eventually, its only a matter of time.

Thank you, i hope for an active aftermarket. i'd like a rear wing on top of the rear door, some black lightweight 19" wheels and a set of coilovers. I'm very excited to drive the diesel.

i suppose if you can lower a hummer...why not a cx-5 eh? :)

1008tr_23+blood_drag_2010+lowered_hummer.jpg

lol, this is not really what i meant guys. i just keep reading how great it handles, and it's true [drove it yesterday] just thinking about making it a little sportier with some wheels and a slight drop to get rid of the wheel gap. trust me, we'll see some people doing it.

I think this is the look you are going for. An inch lower really improves the look and handling without sacrificing functionality.

mazda-cx-5-628.jpg

poggie, my brother from a different mother, that's exactly what i'm talking about! if the hitch thing works out for me, i'll paint the stock wheels black, drop it an inch and install some small wheel spacers, perhaps some fatter rubber. that pearl white with satin black wheels will look great!

where did you get that pic? also, if you look at a new kia sorrento [walked around an orange one outside the gym today] you'll notice a smaller wheel gap and slightly wider rubber, on 18s. the wheel wells are filled out just a touch better than the cx5.

thanks P.

Just changing the springs and lower the car will not necessarily give you better handling. And you could make the car ride very harsh.

Again, why do you want a lowered CX-5? The purpose of the CUV is so that it rides higher for better visibility and snow clearance. A Mazda3 hatch fits your requirement without all the additional cost.

Just changing the springs and lower the car will not necessarily give you better handling. And you could make the car ride very harsh.

Again, why do you want a lowered CX-5? The purpose of the CUV is so that it rides higher for better visibility and snow clearance. A Mazda3 hatch fits your requirement without all the additional cost.

Actually it doesn't. Lots of enthusiasts perfer the look of cars with less wheel gap. Buying a stock Mazda3 has tons of wheel gap. I too would like to lower our CX-5 but thats not a wife approved Modification right now.

how is a mazda3 even shopped vs this cx5? i need 50 mpgs and i need to pull my waverunners. and in addition to all that, i miss my cummins duelly. i love diesels. keep your 17s and scrawny rubber, i'm sure you'll dig it the most. stand aside and let the modders mod. (drinks)

i like your name, very funny. go to miatanet and check out cyberbug, that cat can mod a car! have you messed with your GTI? pics on vortex? i'm sort of cross shopping a '13 vw passat TDi. this mazda kinda dropped out of the sky, a diesel could replace our road pig pilot [as long as it can tow my load].

i like your name, very funny. go to miatanet and check out cyberbug, that cat can mod a car! have you messed with your GTI? pics on vortex? i'm sort of cross shopping a '13 vw passat TDi. this mazda kinda dropped out of the sky, a diesel could replace our road pig pilot [as long as it can tow my load].

LOL...Long long story on that...Go to http://www.modshack.info for more!

On the GTI, Yeah, I'm pretty into it..All the mods here: http://public.fotki.com/ttschwing/gti-20-2011-stuff/

I'm doubting the CX5 will remain unscathed...:)

Hey guys, this is my first post, so please be indulgent! I've been following the CX-5 forum for a while now when I stumbled upon this thread... I was also curious as to how it would look lowered, so I took some Mazda.ca pics on the internet and modified them to compare how the CX-5 looks with an approx. 1.5 inches (3.8 cm) drop. The image isn't professionally modified (sorry for that), but it gives a good idea... It was well worth the exercise!

(top is lowered, bottom is stock)

Attachments

• cx5lower.PNG
    cx5lower.PNG
    172.1 KB · Views: 10,837
Back