OEM Mazda/Weathertech floorliner and soft cargo liner installed

Twinbros

According to Weathertech Canada the 2nd & 3rd row digital floor liner is not yet available the 2012 Mazda 5 but for some reason the OEM version also made by Weathertech is available now! Thanks to Joe from Mazda of Toronto for hooking me up and providing me with pictures to proof that these fit. I also picked up the soft cargo liner from Joe. Enough said here are to pictures:
Passenger
IMG_1140.jpg

Driver
IMG_1144.jpg

2nd row
IMG_1139.jpg

3rd row
IMG_1141.jpg

soft cargo liner
IMG_1142.jpg

with one seat folded
IMG_1143.jpg

crap... already have the weathertech fronts... i'll probably wait for the weathertech mids and skip the rear (we keep our third row down all of the time)... hope weathertech makes a cargo liner for the back too

crap... already have the weathertech fronts... i'll probably wait for the weathertech mids and skip the rear (we keep our third row down all of the time)... hope weathertech makes a cargo liner for the back too

Weathertech makes the cargo liner already but it is sold as a Mazda accessorie.

Very nice, twinbros. Odd, indeed, that Weathertech is not yet listing all 3 rows.

Do you happen to have the OEM accessory part numbers for all of the above (all mats, plus the rear cargo liner)? As it seems you likely were, I would be skeptical of my local dealer knowing exactly what I'm inquiring about...

Hi Twinbros,

Question about your cargo liner - is that for first or second gen mazda5?

First Gen (2006-2010), Part# 0000-8K-L06 - $40
Second Gen (2012-), Part#0000-8K-L51 - $95

I wonder how they would differ much since they look virtually the same from the online pictures. Obviously, I'm trying to save money here - thanks!

Weathertech makes the cargo liner already but it is sold as a Mazda accessorie.

Part Numbers

Twinbros, do you have the part numbers for the floor liners?

The rain is coming down pretty good here in Northern California and I can't find any information about the floor liners for the 2012 mazda5. I'm in the states, and can't find any mention of the on any stateside webpages. (The official MazdaUSA Accessories brochure makes no reference to floor liners: http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/musa2/pdf/brochures/2012/2012_Mazda5_acc_brochure.pdf )

Mazda.ca mentions floor liners but provides no part numbers stating that they are a "late delivery item", whatever that means.
http://www.mazda.ca/MciWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=modelsAccessories&vehicleCode=MZ5

I might have to get in touch with Joe from Mazda of Toronto to get a hold of these.

I an actually in China right now so I don't have the part number from the boxes. Your best bet is to hit up Joe from mazda of Toronto and he can actually provide you with that info.

I wish we could get those liners here in the us though mazda (to get the logo). I'll likely have the same setup (but the weathertech part) on my wife's 5. Does the soft liner seem like it'll hold up to dog abuse? I'd hate to get it if it'll get torn up easily, but its just so handy to have protection for the cargo floor and rear seat-backs.

Question on the color of the rear cargo liner - is a light gray color? Definitely need to get one, would be nice to get matching black.

The rear liner I got from Mazda was more of a dark grey/blk color.. I have the rear Mazda "weathertech" trunk mat, and the front and second row Mazda weathertechs as well. I didn't get the 3rd row since I would rarely ever use the 3rd row to justify buying it.

Slayer, which rear wether tech mat did you get? The big or little one? I am jealous it doesn't look like the weathertech Mazda branded version is available in the south of the border (us).

The mat I got for the rear of my car was 1 big piece, I don't have a picture of it, but it looks like this one below. It says "MAZDA 5" on it, not "Weathertech". I got it from my local dealership here in Calgary. This one occupies the trunk and 3rd row seats, it ONLY fits with the 3rd row folded, it doesn't bend to allow the rear seats to be upright

40406_CX-9.jpg

I got the soft liner, like yours, how close do the brica seat covers match? I am using your pics as a guide. Looks like I will have to break down and get the weathertech version of the mats. I saw a pic on another thread of a Mazda liner that looked like the weathertech but folded similar to the soft liner.

Yes, the folding one was from the UK, but I think it wasn't made specifically for the 5, I think it was for the CX9 or something like that.. But I could be wrong. I searched for the folding version w/o prevail. I don't really use my 3rd row seats so to me, this was the best option and best protection

Well, I got the soft liner and bumper pad. Next is to try and get matching (or close to) seat back covers. Eventually upgrade from Costco mats to the weathertechs. Now I am trolling eBay for a "discount" roof rack.

Looks interesting, will have to check to see if I can just get the seat back covers for the first and second rows. Already have the Mazda liner.

...Now I am trolling eBay for a "discount" roof rack.

FYI, since it may broaden your options... I was able to pick up a used Thule rack from a local Mazda forum member from his Mazda 3. Load bars and towers are the same as what the 5 calls for, and so I expected to just replace the "fit kit"... but before doing so, I tried it out on the 5 - and it fits absolutely fine. Spacing is a touch wider, so I had to move the towers 1/2" further apart. The profile of the feet to the roof is a very good match, with no issue once it's tightened up.

Back