What did you pay for your CX-5?

And you know this how? 2022s only take a couple weeks to get to port from the factory. They will be on dealers lots in January
I am currently in Nor Cal shopping for CX-5's . The dealers have none in stock today but will be receiving the last of their CX-5 2021 models to their store lots later this month, hundreds of them. Regarding 2022 CX-5's, the dealers have told me they do not expect to receive them until mid February, 2022.

Unless you prefer the convenience, skip the "service packages" they might offer you. The Scheduled Maintenance is detailed in the Owner's Manual - just follow that in order to maintain your warranty.

If you do want to negotiate a service package, it sounds like others here have reported that their dealerships will charge around $100 for oil and filter change, plus tire rotation and multi-point inspection. So you can use that as a starting point.
As an fyi, our dealer here in the Philadelphia area charges $66.95 for this service. Dealer threw in two of these services with my daughter's recent CX5 purchase. Bought at msrp.....no major extras.....got KBB average plus $1k for trade in with 92k miles. Had no problem with the deal.

I'm about to close on a 2021 Carbon Turbo AWD--had to be a '21, because I believe the '22 Carbon does not come in a Turbo. Please rate my deal so I know if I'm getting my money's worth :) This is in Seattle, WA.

$32,160
Base MSRP
$1,175​
Destination fee
$300​
Dealer options (lug nuts and cargo mat)
$33,635
Total MSRP
$708​
Government fee
$150​
Doc fee
$2,395​
Taxes @ 10.7%
$36,888
Total out of pocket

The Doc fee in WA is capped at $150, but that $708 "Government fee" that supposedly includes registrations, etc. seems on the higher side.

I'm fine with the dealer options since this particular model has been tough to get this year. Appreciate your comments.

Full disclosure: actual out-of-pocket costs are lower due to trade-in and tax savings on the difference, in Washington state.

Saw this 2022 CX-5 Signature badge [what's this 'badge' thing?] listed on a Boston MA US area Mazda dealer for $43,440 - seems like a big jump from what was listed for 2021 MY [IIRC ~$39k]

1639572277967.png

www.quirkmazda.com/cx-5-quincy-ma?trim[]=SIGNATURE+BADGE&isNew=1

Saw this 2022 CX-5 Signature badge [what's this 'badge' thing?] listed on a Boston MA US area Mazda dealer for $43,440 - seems like a big jump from what was listed for 2021 MY [IIRC ~$39k]

View attachment 305569

www.quirkmazda.com/cx-5-quincy-ma?trim[]=SIGNATURE+BADGE&isNew=1
It's fake pricing. They don't list the MSRP and notice how you can't pull a monroney sticker for it and it's not listed on any site like you can do for other 2022s. They made up the name and the price artificially to account for all the crap they will add on when it arrives to the dealer. Notice how the price is completely different on another site.

Here is the Vin:
JM3KFBXY2N0531214

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211215-075913_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211215-075913_Chrome.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
I'm about to close on a 2021 Carbon Turbo AWD--had to be a '21, because I believe the '22 Carbon does not come in a Turbo. Please rate my deal so I know if I'm getting my money's worth :) This is in Seattle, WA.

$32,160
Base MSRP
$1,175​
Destination fee
$300​
Dealer options (lug nuts and cargo mat)
$33,635
Total MSRP
$708​
Government fee
$150​
Doc fee
$2,395​
Taxes @ 10.7%
$36,888
Total out of pocket

The Doc fee in WA is capped at $150, but that $708 "Government fee" that supposedly includes registrations, etc. seems on the higher side.

I'm fine with the dealer options since this particular model has been tough to get this year. Appreciate your comments.

Full disclosure: actual out-of-pocket costs are lower due to trade-in and tax savings on the difference, in Washington state.

If you're okay with the dealer options, then the "Government fee" is the only thing I would question. If it truly is a government mandated fee, they should be able to explain what the fee is for, and you should be able to verify that with the government that is apparently mandating the fee. I wonder if other dealerships local to you will also include this fee on their quotes, and whether the fee is the same at all dealerships?

the dealers have told me they do not expect to receive them until
FWIW, I have had salespeople tell me this after I literally saw new model year vehicles on their lots. Take those "we won't have new model year vehicles until" dates with a grain of salt. Granted these are unusual times as far as vehicle availability is concerned.

I am currently in Nor Cal shopping for CX-5's . The dealers have none in stock today but will be receiving the last of their CX-5 2021 models to their store lots later this month, hundreds of them. Regarding 2022 CX-5's, the dealers have told me they do not expect to receive them until mid February, 2022.
Just talked to a close-by dealer. Here is what I found. This is in Nor Cal bay area.
1. They have 0 CX5 on their lot
2. They have about 11 2021 CX5s coming late Dec or early Jan. Lower end models only.
3. More '21 coming in Jan. Some higher end models like GT-R or Sig.
4. 2022 won't come until Feb.

So, basically confirming what you said.

And you know this how? 2022s only take a few weeks to get to port from the factory. They will be on dealers lots in January or sooner. There is no way that many 2021s are on a boat waiting to arrive. They stopped producing them months ago and unless they've been stuck at sea for 3 months, it's not possible
2021 CX5s were being produced right to the last days of Nov. There will be a lot of 2021 CX5s hitting dealers in 2-3 weeks. 22 models should start arriving in late Jan

Fwiw I told my dealer to give me a call when he gets a CX-50, he said anticipated in March, albeit that's not a CX-5

I just ordered a 2022 CX-5 Signature in Red for MSRP + $2K market adjustment, in Chicago. No dealer add-ons or bogus fees. Returned to the dealership after two years, due to positive experience with my last transaction.

Got ~$4K more than expected on my 2017 A8L. Delivery expected early Feb. Mazda's offer on my trade-in was ~$5K more than Audi's, and ~$3K more than what my Audi dealer offered me last year.

The increase in the price of my trade-in was greater than the market adjustment I paid on the new car. Not the best deal, but good enough!

Last edited:
I just ordered a 2022 CX-5 Signature in Red for MSRP + $2K in Chicago. No dealer add-ons or bogus fees. Returned to the dealership after two years, due to positive experience with my last transaction.

Got ~$4K more than expected on my 2017 A8L. Delivery expected early Feb (Mazda's offer on my trade-in was ~$5K more than Audi's, and ~$3K more than what my Audi dealer offered me last year).

The increase in the price of my trade-in was greater than the market adjustment I paid on the new car. Not the best deal, but good enough!
I think most here would consider the $2k market adjustment as the equivalent of 'dealer add-ons or bogus fees.'

But yes, the inflated used car market will more than make up the extra charges on the selling price of new vehicles if you have something to trade in

Yesterday for $19,560 out the door cash price we traded my son's white 2016 CX-5 GT with 60,350 miles for a brand new 2021 black CX-5 GT w/premium package
Also, for $9,454 out the door cash price we traded my 2019 red CX-5 GT with 34,100 miles for a brand new red CX-5 GT.

2 weeks ago, traded my 2020 Signatuer for 2021 Signature for total Difference of $2,000 net, all in, after all fees, doc and all. $2,000 for 20 months of use, I'll take that. Now to see If I want the CX-50 in March and how much they'll give me for my 2021 Signature

This is my first post and hopefully a good intro.

51.5 hours ago, I traded my red Camaro for a dark blue 2021 CX-5 Touring AWD with 132 miles. Paid $33,2xx out the door. Got $25k plus the tax deduction for the trade which was a grand less than I was hoping for, but still far more than it’s “actually” worth cause of covid. Just hope I don’t feel regretful when the ‘22s come out.

I’m also Blobby over on camaro6.com if anyone else used to be fun too

Just got a CPO 2021 CX-5 Touring in Machine Grey with just over 13k miles. Been searching around for a few months now and finally found what seemed like a pretty decent deal!

MSRP $24,500
Gov't fees $380
Dealer fees $1,198

Total (after tax) $27,700

Those dealer fees will kill ya here in Florida, but overall couldn't be happier with the new purchase!

Hi
Am Planning to get Carbon Edition 2022 one
Quote i got -
MSRP-31,830
OTD-34,395
Spoke with 4 dealers here in Atlanta, this is the best offer am seeing currently. No one is willing to go down off MSRP citing current market.
Let me know if this is a good deal or can I negotiate further, also if you guys know any dealers in Atlanta let me know

Right now i dont think you'll get anything off MSRP, some dealers are getting a premium. You could ask them to throw in some real accessories, like cargo mat, cargo cover, floor mats, door sill lighting, maybe the new rear storage compartment. Anything to sweeten the deal. Avoid stuff like nitrogen in the tires, paint protection, etc.

Right now i dont think you'll get anything off MSRP, some dealers are getting a premium. You could ask them to throw in some real accessories, like cargo mat, cargo cover, floor mats, door sill lighting, maybe the new rear storage compartment. Anything to sweeten the deal. Avoid stuff like nitrogen in the tires, paint protection, etc.
Sure, will try to get some accessories. Carbon Edition especially they are not ready to negotiate I believe

Back