What did you pay for your CX-5?

getting my metro grey awd touring, with bose and tech, splash guards, cargo cover and 'wrap' extended warranty (bumper-bumper brought up to 5/60 all else the same) for 29,397 before trade in and cash money down etc

My first Mazda. It's a company car. My company requires > 25 mpg combined and the vehicle must be under $30k. This severely limits SUV choices. I have a German Shepherd, Husky Mix, and a baby. We like to do road trips up to 15 hours. I needed a car with large cargo space. In the end I looked at the CX-5 and the Jetta TDI Sportwagen. The CX-5 won due to the abundant options available on the grand touring + tech package.

Here's the skinny:

Silver Mica CX-5 Grand Touring FWD w/ technology package and OEM dealer installed roof rack rails + cross bars.
$29,267 not including tax.
This includes the vehicle plus destination fee and $541 atlanta marketing fees as well as a $299.99 dealer documentation/service charge fee. I believe it's a bit under invoice. They were willing to drop $300 auto show price on Monday on top of this, but my company couldn't execute the purchase in time.

MSRP is $29,165 plus the $299.99 dealer fee and the rack + bars are about $450 retail.

So the max I could have paid was $29,914.99.

Attention NYers: I went to Orange Motors in Albany! Matt was fabulous; and mine was under MSRP...Touring, FWD, base; $23,850. This was all in; delivery and all...nothing additional at the end; exactly what I wanted. Another dealer was $2,300 more.

If your in FL: stay away from Lakeland Mazda; they jacked my price that was supposedly "firm" the day before I was to take possession.

Last edited:
I just got a silver CX-5 sport w/manual transmission (no extra options) today for $22,707 out the door. $1284 of that was due to the 6% sales tax. I had 2 other dealers who would at give me at least an out the door price within $100 of that but went with the only dealer that had a sport manual in stock.

It seems 99% of the dealer orders are for the automatic version. It's too bad as the manual is geared to be both faster and is quite a bit better with the EPA fuel economy also. We only wish there were more options for the sport w/manual though.

So who want to give an S plan PIN out to a future CX-5 owner :) Worth a shot at least.

If you go to the Mazda website regarding the S-plan, you will see it is not on the list of eligible vehicles. You can still get S-plan / invoice pricing at the dealers discretion though (if you ensure there is competition for your business)

With S-plan or X-plan, you are supposed to have proof of your membership which qualifies you for the plan also. :)

If you go to the Mazda website regarding the S-plan, you will see it is not on the list of eligible vehicles. You can still get S-plan / invoice pricing at the dealers discretion though (if you ensure there is competition for your business)

With S-plan or X-plan, you are supposed to have proof of your membership which qualifies you for the plan also. :)

Thanks, I tried and multiple dealers tried to play dumb when asking about S plan pricing. I got more than my trade was worth to me so it was existentially like getting money off IMO.

Tried to buy a CX-5 today but the dealer was dumping all over me. 349/month 39 month lease on a Sport w/manual and no money down. Their "compromise" was 325/month 48 months with 500 down.

Pretty bad deal, so I walked out. Another dealer was willing to offer me 300/month with 0 down a month before. But they sold their manual. Even that deal is not great, but it's reasonable for a vehicle currently selling at MSRP.

I think some Mazda dealers are being pretty bold because of supply. So far I haven't visited a dealer with more than 6 on the lot, and most have 2 or 3.

Too bad you are on the west coast. My local dealer is showing a 36 month lease for a Sport for $289 a month on their website, and he has two on his lot, both AWD. Not sure of the other lease conditions. They show a total of 10 CX-5's on the lot and have had as many as 14. I counted 9 of them when I was there Sunday. They are afilliated with a big group of dealers around Baltimore which include two other Mazda dealers and have about 20 CX-5's between them. Each of the other dealers have a MT Sport listed with Internet prices about $1000 below MSRP. The same lease may apply to all of the Sports. Most of their models are listed on line with Internet Prices just over invoice. Not sure yet what their add ons will be, but I'll find out when I'm closer to buying this summer.

Tried to buy a CX-5 today but the dealer was dumping all over me. 349/month 39 month lease on a Sport w/manual and no money down. Their "compromise" was 325/month 48 months with 500 down.

Pretty bad deal, so I walked out. Another dealer was willing to offer me 300/month with 0 down a month before. But they sold their manual. Even that deal is not great, but it's reasonable for a vehicle currently selling at MSRP.

I think some Mazda dealers are being pretty bold because of supply. So far I haven't visited a dealer with more than 6 on the lot, and most have 2 or 3.

I've never leased a car before but the main thing to get the best price in anything is to have several businesses compete for your money. I got my CX-5 sport manual at invoice and got my LA fitness membership for $300 for the first year, 156 every year after just by using leverage and being willing to walk away.

We got ours at invoice, well below the regional TMV according to Edmunds. The transmission makes a funny noise that we discovered on our final test drive (it goes away when the engine is warm; I can't even hear it when I'm driving under normal circumstances with the AC or something running and the radio at normal volume), so we told the dealer they had to waive the "administration fee" for us to buy. We bought the Sport Manual; I have a feeling you will be able to negotiate on these much more easily than the ritzier models.

I know this is pretty off (territorially), but just for comparison here are the prices in Serbia:
(we have 4 trimm levels, but dealers are not even ordering the base trim (steel wheels, plastic steering wheel, 4 speakers...I'd say our 4 levels would be roughly equivalent to your Base, Touring, Tech, and Grand Touring)

6 MT
2.0 petrol FWD - 23,300 - 27,300 eur
2.0 petrol AWD - 25,100 - 29,100
2.2 diesel FWD - 26,000 - 30,000
2.2 diesel AWD - 27,800 - 31,300 eur.

All of these are available with AT, which is a 1,800 eur option. Moonroof and navigation are also optional extras.

Last edited:
Sorry

I left out my information completely.

We're getting a red GS - 2WD (FWD) for a total cost of $34,436.57 (minus the $98.20 licence fee that was added by mistake).

I purchased a Mazda CX-5 Sport manual in liquid silver yesterday. Price was $21199. They would not go lower than that (as I mentioned, supply remain tight here) but they gave me a decent deal on the trade to make up for it. So it landed smack dab in the middle of the out-the-door price I wanted to pay. Very exciting!

Congrats Smithsm1984,

Did you buy through Ron Tonkin in Portland? If so, you got a better deal than they offered me through Costco. I was given a price of $21400 which is only $90 off the MSRP. They claimed that their agreement with Costco was $500 over invoice. That was fine, just not enough to get me to move on it now. Did you get the 0.9 financing?

So what's going to be the first accessory? Congratulations again.

Yep, it was Ron Tonkin.

They told me their agreement was $300 over invoice (whistle). I knew it was all smoke and mirrors because their invoice price was high anyone ($20899 vs. the $20500 listed on KBB). But they were the only one offering below MSRP and they beat everyone else on my trade by over a grand, so it was still the best deal.

I did not go with 0.9% financing. That's only on a 36-month loan AFAIK. I wanted to finance through my credit union anyway.

First accessory will probably be a boring cargo net so I can fill the back to capacity when I go camping.

Guess I was lucky to get my S-Plan pricing. Got my Pearl White GT AWD with Tech package for 29,650. Bought mine at Koeppel Mazda in Queens New York. Guys there were great. Would recommend them to anyone in NYC area

Back