Page 398 of 399 FirstFirst ... 298348388396397398399 LastLast
Results 5,956 to 5,970 of 5972

Thread: Current selling price for CX-5?

Registered Member

2019 Mazda CX-5 GT Reserve

Quote Originally Posted by theplayer11 View Post
    why not shop that offer?
    I did. I got prices from 7 dealers, ran my offer by them & nobody else would match it.

2019 Grand Touring Reserve (Replacement clone for my totaled 2019 GTR)

$35,915 MSRP
    - $3165 Dealer Discount
    - $ 500 Customer Cash
    - $ 750 Owner Loyalty
    +$ 1890 Tax
    +$ 300 Doc, Reg, Plate
    $33,690 OTD

Local dealer has it in stock & every day I drive the rental is costing me money.
    Last edited by meow_man; 10-09-2019 at 03:49 PM. Reason: added pricing

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 GTR

Quote Originally Posted by meow_man View Post
    I did. I got prices from 7 dealers, ran my offer by them & nobody else would match it.

$35,915 MSRP
    - $3165 Dealer Discount
    - $ 500 Customer Cash
    - $ 750 Owner Loyalty
    +$ 1890 Tax
    +$ 300 Doc, Reg, Plate
    $33,690 OTD

Local dealer has it in stock & every day I drive the rental is costing me money.
    Sweet deal

Donated: $5

2017 CX-5 GT AWD PP

$35,915 MSRP
    - $3165 Dealer Discount
    - $ 500 Customer Cash
    - $ 750 Owner Loyalty
    +$ 1890 Tax
    +$ 300 Doc, Reg, Plate
    $33,690 OTD

Great deal. Local, too!
    Insurance isn't covering the rental?

2019 Mazda CX-5 AWD

Not bad getting the loyalty cash, especially if your new Mazda was your first Mazda!

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by shadonoz View Post
    Great deal. Local, too!
    Insurance isn't covering the rental?
    Insurance covered the rental for a month & because I had a CX-5 they paid for an comparable SUV rental. They paid for rental until 10 days beyond date I was given settlement numbers. It just took almost 2 weeks for them to pay off balance on totaled vehicle until I received my check for the balance.
    Once I had to start paying for rental myself I switched to cheaper small car.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
    Not bad getting the loyalty cash, especially if your new Mazda was your first Mazda!
    I got loyalty cash because I'm replacing totaled CX-5. When I bought the first CX-5 I got loyalty cash on that one too because my son has a Mazda 3 & resides at our address while he's in college. It's transferable within same household.

Registered Member

I am currently talking to a number of dealers in Colorado, and so far this is the best pricing I*ve gotten. Still looking for more, but here is where I am at:

2019 Grand Touring Reserve (prefer Deep Crystal ext./Parchment int.)

$ 36,450 Given MSRP ($35,915 + $535)
    - $ 2,970 Dealer Discount
    +$ 699 Dealer Fee
    +$ 2,845 Tax
    +$ 27 Gov Fees
    - $ 1,500 Mfg Rebate

$ 35, 593 OTD

It looks like meow_man got a great deal. I am not eligible for the loyalty cash, and my local taxes are about $1,000 higher, so I don't feel like I am far off considering those two adjustments. I also need to get clarification on the inflated MSRP cited by the dealer - the model I am looking for doesn't need any extras, and I want a standard paint color.

Has anyone had luck getting both the 0.9% special APR and a discount comparable to the $1,500 rebate (on top of the initial dealer discount)?

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by stumblelightly2 View Post
    I am currently talking to a number of dealers in Colorado, and so far this is the best pricing I*ve gotten. Still looking for more, but here is where I am at:

+$ 699 Dealer Fee
    +$ 2,845 Tax
    +$ 27 Gov Fees
    - $ 1,500 Mfg Rebate

$ 35, 593 OTD

It looks like meow_man got a great deal. I am not eligible for the loyalty cash, and my local taxes are about $1,000 higher, so I don't feel like I am far off considering those two adjustments. I also need to get clarification on the inflated MSRP cited by the dealer - the model I am looking for doesn't need any extras, and I want a standard paint color.

Has anyone had luck getting both the 0.9% special APR and a discount comparable to the $1,500 rebate (on top of the initial dealer discount)?
    I just got a touring last week here in CO, I spent 2 weeks emailing dealers. Not sure where you are at but I suggest trying to work with Groove and Courtesy, they were the 2 most open to working towards the deal I needed, I ended up purchasing from Groove.

I ended up getting 7% off MSRP (pretax), including all dealer fees, with the special financing instead of the cash offer. After spending 2 weeka grinding emails I dont think I could have done any better realistically.

You should shoot for at least the same % off if not a little better with the higher trim. I'd tell them to give you the same deal as above minus the $699 dealer fee and you'll sign. That would be a touch better than 8% off with special financing rate to go with it.
    Last edited by Passafire; 10-17-2019 at 03:20 PM.

Registered Member

+$ 699 Dealer Fee
    +$ 2,845 Tax
    +$ 27 Gov Fees
    - $ 1,500 Mfg Rebate

$ 35, 593 OTD

One of the 2 local dealers by me has a dealer add on sticker with a bunch of worthless crap they put on everything as soon as it hits the lot. Could be similar situation. I got mine from the dealer without the add on nonsense. I got silver so there was no paint up-charge on mine. The MSRP was $35915.
    Looks like the Mfg. Rebate varies quite a bit. Colorado is $1500 across all trims. I'm in Pennsylvania & lower trims are $1000 & GTR/Signature are $500.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Passafire View Post
    I just got a touring last week here in CO, I spent 2 weeks emailing dealers. Not sure where you are at but I suggest trying to work with Groove and Courtesy, they were the 2 most open to working towards the deal I needed, I ended up purchasing from Groove.

I ended up getting 7% off MSRP (pretax), including all dealer fees, with the special financing instead of the cash offer. After spending 2 weeka grinding emails I dont think I could have done any better realistically.

You should shoot for at least the same % off if not a little better with the higher trim. I'd tell them to give you the same deal as above minus the $699 dealer fee and you'll sign. That would be a touch better than 8% off with special financing rate to go with it.
    Thanks! I appreciate the local perspective. I could see myself going with Groove as well. So far they have been straightforward, but I need to nail down pricing with them. Did they try to sell you on a clear body/windshield sealant?

7-8% off pretax without the manufacturer rebate sounds like a good goal. I am there right now if the rebate is included, but the 0.9% financing would be really nice.

I think I still have room to negotiate, but it is helpful to hear a similar buyer's experience and get a sanity check before I proceed.

Registered Member

One of the 2 local dealers by me has a dealer add on sticker with a bunch of worthless crap they put on everything as soon as it hits the lot. Could be similar situation. I got mine from the dealer without the add on nonsense. I got silver so there was no paint up-charge on mine. The MSRP was $35915.
    Looks like the Mfg. Rebate varies quite a bit. Colorado is $1500 across all trims. I'm in Pennsylvania & lower trims are $1000 & GTR/Signature are $500.
    Yeah, I don't need any add ons - it is nice that the GTR should come without the need of any upgrades. I understand a difference if I get a model with premium paint, but that isn't the case here.

I was glad to hear that the $1,500 rebate is also available for the GTR here. I think that was a recent change. The higher rebate makes me question if the financing is worth it, especially if I pay off the car early (obviously considering if interest is pre-calculated and if there are any pre-payment penalties.

meow, did the dealer lead off with the $3,000+ dealer discount, or was that after more negotiations.

Registered Member

Did they try to sell you on a clear body/windshield sealant?
    They did not push any extras on me except for the financing dept usual push for a maitenance plan with 3 or 4 tiers to buy into. I delined and wasn't hassled too much past that. I live 1.5hrs from Groove so a mait plan even if it was "worth it" (it wasn't) it wasn't going to be in the cards for me.

Registered Member

meow, did the dealer lead off with the $3,000+ dealer discount, or was that after more negotiations.
    They started around $2700 and were trying to tie $500 of it to conventional bank financing because they get a kick back. I knew the CX-5 had been sitting there since summer. I*d been watching it within a day of my first GTR being rear ended & totaled. I told them I was paying cash & they continued to push $500 of the price being tied to financing. I left & emailed my offer a few days later after I got other prices.
    I bought my first GTR there, they had it in stock, & they*re one of 2 local dealers. They accepted my offer the same day I submitted it. I figured what have I got to lose.
    Last edited by meow_man; 10-18-2019 at 08:53 AM.

Registered Member

Does anybody know a dealer in Socal that they bought before and send their info over to me. Would like to get a deal going soon.

Registered Member

looking at first Mazda, and best offer to date on a new CX-5 GTR is

MSRP: $36,175
    Dealer Disc: ($2,500)
    Rebate: ($1,500)
    Tax, T, Lic, Docs: $2,405
    Drive away: $34,580

Shopping across approx 10 dealers spanning 500 miles. Based on what I see here. its a fair price, but I still plan to push more as we approach the end of the month to see who's the most aggressive.

Page 398 of 399 FirstFirst ... 298348388396397398399 LastLast