What did you pay for your CX-5?

Any indication that dealers aren't receiving new cars?

A quick google search returns a lot of news stories reporting on reduced sales volumes compared to last year due to the worldwide shortage of microchips.

Supply has dwindled, but demand remains more or less the same. This would help to explain why it's getting harder and harder to find/negotiate a great deal on new and used vehicles.

Picked up a 2021 Carbon AWD Turbo, SW United States, 2 weeks ago; cash sales price: $35,800. This was after checking out multiple dealers since it was very difficult to find both the AWD and Turbo. Times have changed imo when negotiating; much less supply, same if not more demand = less negotiating power.

Absolutely love it, I get compliments everywhere I go and always on the red seats.

Just bought a 2021 Carbon AWD Non-turbo. Negotiated with a couple of dealerships, walked out on a dealer after the first test drive after I gave a low-ball figure to find out a realistic price for the car. Ended up finalising a deal with another dealer with the folllowing price:
MSRP: 31,530
Initial quoted price(After market discounts): 29,656
Final price: 28,650 (About 10% off)
Tax(10.4%) + Doc fee: 3,740
Total OTD: 32,400

Do you think that was a good deal?
P.S: Loving the car so far. I did test drive the turbo, didn't find it an absolute must-have for the car and availability of the Turbo AWD also played a factor.

Accessories: The dealership has a 3-4 month waitlist for the Mazda all-weather floor mats. Any recommended 3rd party mats that work with the 2021 model?

Following up from my earlier post:

I just put a deposit down on a 2021 Grand Touring w/Premium Package, Wheel Locks, Cargo Mat Soul Red, NYC area.

MSRP: $35,520
Asking: $33,001 ($1519 dealer discount, $1000 cash incentive)
Final Price: $32,500 (8.5% off MSRP)
Tax (8.875%) + Fees ($413)
OTD: $35,784.53

I offered $32k, we settled at $32.5k which means the dealer discount was a shade over $2000. I didn't want to pay over $33k for the car or over $36k OTD so overall pleased with the deal.

Hopefully I like the car ;-)

Accessories: The dealership has a 3-4 month waitlist for the Mazda all-weather floor mats. Any recommended 3rd party mats that work with the 2021 model?
There are a number of threads on here discussing floormats if you do a search. I have the Canadian OEM floor liners & love them.

They ship to the US

As for floor mats- I bought a set of these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) and love them. With the $30 off coupon they are quite reasonable IMHO (when I bought them a couple of weeks ago they were 110.49 less the 30 so an even better deal). Excellent coverage. I had the OEM all weather mats (I actually need to sell them if anyone is interested) but I like the Odero's in that they have a higher lip and cover most of the dead pedal. The rear mat covers the rear hump too which is a big bonus.

2021 Grand Touring Reserve, SRCM, cargo cover, cargo tray and net, splash guards, a few dealer adds like paint protection and window tint, etc. $4,900, about 13%, off windows sticker. Felt like a good price in the current market.

2021 Grand Touring Reserve, SRCM, cargo cover, cargo tray and net, splash guards, a few dealer adds like paint protection and window tint, etc. $4,900, about 13%, off windows sticker. Felt like a good price in the current market.
How much did you pay for the dealer add ons? They gave you a bigger discount off sticker but probably made their profits back there. Also, any other OEM part add-on (cargo cover, cargo tray and net, splash guards) can all be bought later for significantly cheaper. IMO the move is to buy just the car from the dealer and accessorize it yourself.

So I got 10% off those accessories as the dealer agreed to come off list to be closer to online stores for OEM and install the splash guards at no cost so I did that. Figure that didn't cost me much and I didn't have to screw around with sourcing and install. The dealer adds were on the car so I couldn't remove them, their list was around $2000 for the "package". I know, the dealer adds are at rip off prices but since the overall final price was not out of line I have no problem with the dealer making some money, that's why they are in business.

I had someone else install PPF and I bought the CX-5 factory illuminated door sills at on line prices from my local dealer. Installing Redline hood struts this weekend.

2021 GT with premium package, got a Truecar certificate of $31,625. MSRP is $33,955. Around 6.8% off from MSRP. Best offer got is $31,245 with 0.9% financing, 7.98% off from MSRP. In South California. Wondering if this a good good price. One local dealer gave me $718 off and said it’s a great deal…

Right now discounts are becoming slimmer with the chip shortaage. You might check pricing from other dealers within a reasonable distance, although for the right price shipping might be a still make for a a good deal from a dealer farther away.. Spec out exactly what you want so you can negotiate down/ out the dealer adds.

Get pricing without dealer financing and with financing. Price may be different. I was told by one dealer that the 0% financing would add $1000 to price. I didn't ask about 0.9%. I got better financing from my local credit union.

Right now discounts are becoming slimmer with the chip shortaage. You might check pricing from other dealers within a reasonable distance, although for the right price shipping might be a still make for a a good deal from a dealer farther away.. Spec out exactly what you want so you can negotiate down/ out the dealer adds.

Get pricing without dealer financing and with financing. Price may be different. I was told by one dealer that the 0% financing would add $1000 to price. I didn't ask about 0.9%. I got better financing from my local credit union.
Thanks. Will check another dealer within 50 miles. 0.9% financing interest is $803 for 5 years without down payment. No big difference with $1000 cash saving. My local credit union’s best rate is 1.7% for five years… what rate did you get from local credit union?

2021 GT with premium package, got a Truecar certificate of $31,625. MSRP is $33,955. Around 6.8% off from MSRP. Best offer got is $31,245 with 0.9% financing, 7.98% off from MSRP. In South California. Wondering if this a good good price. One local dealer gave me $718 off and said it’s a great deal…
I think that’s pretty good. Tho I just paid 32.5 which was 8.5% off MSRP.

Thanks. Will check another dealer within 50 miles. 0.9% financing interest is $803 for 5 years without down payment. No big difference with $1000 cash saving. My local credit union’s best rate is 1.7% for five years… what rate did you get from local credit union?
I went with 7 yr financing at 2.4% and no down. I make a much higher return on my investments so this made sense to me. The addl interest paid over the life of the loan wasnt very much, esp with no prepayment penalty if I decide later to accelerate payments.

You should look a lot farther out than 50 miles. All dealers have to honor the warranty, no matter where you bought the car. I bought from a dealer 100 miles away. Of course I had test driven
before then and knew exactly what we wanted.

I need some help on the dealer add ons. Found a good price on CX-5 but dealer included Exterior ceramic paint coating for $395 and 3M door edge guards for $495. I asked the dealer to remove those. He said those are pre-installed items and can’t be removed. He is willing to reduce it to $295 for coating and $395 for door guards. I never purchased cars with those add ons. According to some articles on lines, those are super cheap to get and is the way dealer makes money. How much does it really cost? I don’t feel the worth that much. Amazon sells the 3M door edge guard for $26… Also I heard dealer applies the coating AFTER you purchase the car (take 30 minutes max)?

looking for some advices, how much should I pay those?

short answer : not worth the price they ask for those.

coating and guards may be you can give them up to 100 usd total but no more. The coating is usually full scam anyway. Guards at least you can see :) but they are 10 bucks or so.

You must be getting some good discount on the car, otherwise its a rip off.

short answer : not worth the price they ask for those.

coating and guards may be you can give them up to 100 usd total but no more. The coating is usually full scam anyway. Guards at least you can see :) but they are 10 bucks or so.

You must be getting some good discount on the car, otherwise its a rip off.
Thanks. I got 8.7% off MSRP, which is considering good nowadays but the dealer can easily get the profit back by those add ons. I was quoted $900 initially. Will try to negotiate those down again.

Thanks. I got 8.7% off MSRP, which is considering good nowadays but the dealer can easily get the profit back by those add ons. I was quoted $900 initially. Will try to negotiate those down again.
It's about that time where if you're serious, you tell them what your offer is and don't budge from it. In these times, you have to either really want it, or you don't.

I've read some of the discounts posted for the month of May, and I'm sad to say that I'm not getting anything near as good. So far, the best I'm getting on a GTR is $1100, basically 3%, and $600 discount on the Carbon edition Turbo. I'm waiting to hear from a couple of dealers, but what I'm finding is that the inventory is very low on these cars. I feel like I don't have much bargaining power at all. I'm in Austin, TX.

Latest posts

Back