What did you pay for your CX-5?

on the 2019 CX-5 Grand Touring for $25,999 - What does the $25,999 price include?

Are there additional dealer fees?
Are there any options on the car?
is it Front Wheel Drive or All Wheel Drive?

For reference - I believe the MSRP on the 2019 CX-5 GT AWD in Red is $33085 and $31,685 for the FWD - but that's for a new car.
Invoice prices are $31,797 and $30,452
And remember that mazda has incentives on new, leftover 2019's - including $1000 customer cash and then loyalty, recent grade, military rebates - are you eligible for any of those rebates?

I'm not saying you need to buy a new 2019 vs. the used one - but, if you haven't already checked, you should know the price you can get on a new one for comparison.

what state/province are located in?

I'm in California. It's a Fwd and no additional options. The price is before taxes and fees. Looking online it shows that price as a "good value". My husband has his car so this will be mine and the finding and buying is kind of my own project. Feeling a little insecure about negotiating so trying to gather as much information as I can. Thank you for the advice on checking out what I can get for a new 2019.

I'm in California. It's a Fwd and no additional options. The price is before taxes and fees. Looking online it shows that price as a "good value".
Doesn't seem so good to me. For comparison, we got our new 2019 Touring with AWD and Preferred package for $26200 before taxes and fees. Now that included $1750 Mazda discounts ($1000 rebate, $750 Mazda owner), but I believe the $1000 is still available for new cars.

Try going through Truecar.com. Others poo-pooed it as not the best price available, but it worked well for me, and you might even be able to push for more off the price the dealers quote through it.

Good luck, keep trying :)

I'm in California. It's a Fwd and no additional options. The price is before taxes and fees. Looking online it shows that price as a "good value". My husband has his car so this will be mine and the finding and buying is kind of my own project. Feeling a little insecure about negotiating so trying to gather as much information as I can. Thank you for the advice on checking out what I can get for a new 2019.

That is not a great or even good deal IMO since it lacks AWD. For comparison here in the northeast I just purchased a preowned 13k mile 2019 GT with AWD....car was listed for 25,900. I did have a trade in, but was still able to haggle a bit on pricing.

For your example if you prefer FWD in your climate then shoot for 25kish out the door (OTD). CX5's without AWD should be about 1.5k less then those with it.

You will still be saving thousands over the price of a "new" CX5 even with rebates.

I'm Interested in purchasing a CX-5 so I've been lurking here for quite a while and this is my first post. This may be the wrong spot to ask about used cars? I've been looking at new but found a used 2019 Red CX-5 Grand Touring with 7,000 miles they offering me at 25,999. Was told it's been one of their dealer cars. Can anyone tell me if this sounds like a good deal? Should I ask for more off?

IMO, you should always try to negotiate a better deal. If they say no, you can always go back to the quoted price.

A lot of people are "insecure" about negotiating vehicle prices because of the general reputation that car salespeople have as a whole. First thing to remember is that you have the buying power, so you control the sale. If at any time you feel like you're being pressured or strongarmed, take a breather or step away from the "table".

Is that 2019 in the config that you want, with the options you want? Personally, even if it was a great deal, I wouldn't buy something that wasn't my preferred colour/engine option/etc. because I know I'd be a little disappointed every time I looked at or drove the car. Just one more thing to consider.

IMO, you should always try to negotiate a better deal. If they say no, you can always go back to the quoted price.

A lot of people are "insecure" about negotiating vehicle prices because of the general reputation that car salespeople have as a whole. First thing to remember is that you have the buying power, so you control the sale. If at any time you feel like you're being pressured or strongarmed, take a breather or step away from the "table".

Is that 2019 in the config that you want, with the options you want? Personally, even if it was a great deal, I wouldn't buy something that wasn't my preferred colour/engine option/etc. because I know I'd be a little disappointed every time I looked at or drove the car. Just one more thing to consider.

Yes, this used car is the configuration I was wanting. Fwd Red GT with parchment leather. I haven't been able to find that yet at any of the dealers near me in 2019 or 2020. Plenty of red with black leather. I know it seems like a small thing but I really want the parchment leather. :)

Thank you so much everyone for the comments and advice. They've all been really helpful!

Yes, this used car is the configuration I was wanting. Fwd Red GT with parchment leather. I haven't been able to find that yet at any of the dealers near me in 2019 or 2020. Plenty of red with black leather. I know it seems like a small thing but I really want the parchment leather. :)

Thank you so much everyone for the comments and advice. They've all been really helpful!

The thing with buying used as you know, specific combo is tougher to find. That may make your buying decision worth spending a little more on in comparison to the more common color/interiors.

We felt exactly the same when we bought our 2014 -- red with light interior. I felt the all black would be too dark/too hot. But, although we still like the light upholstery, we regret it a little now. It's very easy to get dirty and stains are very difficult to clean.

With our 2019 we went with all black interior and found that it's really not bad, not as oppressive as we thought, and much less subject to dirt (or at least, far less obvious :) ).

And I agree with @velocityc6 - and per the post I made above - I'm pretty sure you can get a new model for less than their asking for that used one you found.

Just a 2c thought.

Hi all,

Just joined the forum today and looking to buy 2019 CX-5 Signature Metallic Gray. Got the following price quote in Seattle.

2019 CX-5 Signature Metallic Gray
MSRP + Destination Fee ($1045) : $38235
Dealer Price: $35864 (Discount: $2361, 6.2%)
Mazda Cash Back : $2500
Total Before Fees/Taxes - $33364
--------------------------
Doc Prep Fee: $150
License & Title: $620
Taxes (10.7%) : $3569
---------------------------
OTD = ~$38,000

The dealer discount (6.2%) seems a bit less considering its a 2019 model. Should I take this deal or how much more can I negotiate here? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi all,

Just joined the forum today and looking to buy 2019 CX-5 Signature Metallic Gray. Got the following price quote in Seattle.

OTD = ~$38,000

The dealer discount (6.2%) seems a bit less considering its a 2019 model. Should I take this deal or how much more can I negotiate here? Any help would be appreciated.

You have a little bit of wiggle room if you were looking to get more off. You would be able to take another $500-$1000 depending on how hard you negotiate. (For reference the dealer price should be about $35,029 after the discount and BEFORE incentives)

On the flip side, if this CX 5 has your ideal color and options I would say pull the trigger. 2019s are getting rarer and harder to find and most of the good ones are gone. In my opinion it is worth the extra money if it is a perfect 2019.

Hi all,

OTD = ~$38,000

$2500 rebat? In my area its only $1000 and cannot be combined with the .09% finance rate. Where are you located

Hi all,

OTD = ~$38,000

Holy smokes, Sales Tax in Seattle is 10.7%. I thought 7.75% here in San Diego was high.

Did not know they had no state income tax, you are right. That would more than make up for it.

Went with a 2020 Signature after deciding against a 2019 diesel:

2020 CX-5 Signature Deep Crystal Blue Mica
MSRP with destination: $38,100
Dealer Discount: $3,850 (10.1%)
Mazda Loyalty: $750
Trade: $500
Price before tax/fees: $33,000

Dealer fee: $300
PA 6% sales tax: $1,998

OTD: $35,692

Man, that's a good deal.

I could hardly get my dealer to budge on my '19 Reserve.

Congrats on the newer twin of ours!

What was the trade that was only worth $500?

Congrats on the newer twin of ours!

What was the trade that was only worth $500?
It was a 2008 Mazda 3 with 254K miles. It wouldn't pass state inspection without a new exhaust system and the frame was showing it's age after 12+ winters in the Northeast. Add on suspension work and all the other little things that didn't work anymore it was time to upgrade.

The price on the CX-5 was too good to pass up.

That's a great deal! I only paid slightly less for a 2020 CX-5 GTR in the same color.

Any thoughts on this pricing (via Email with them spamming me 2x via phone)? (This is the only dealer within 80 miles, BTW)

2020 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring Reserve- met. gray

MSRP: $ 36,380
Your Price: $33,896

Sorry for the delay. The deal was for a 2020 CX-5 GT AWD in Blue/Parchment; just under $30k OTD including rebates. I think it was a pretty good deal considering other dealers around here still have several 2019 CX-5 GT AWD on their lots for roughly the same price or a few hundred less.
@jcm183 How much of the $30K was taxes, title, and registration?

I have offer in Seattle area for 2020 CX-5 GT AWD for about $33K OTD but about $3600 of that goes to the state of WA.

Back