What did you pay for your CX-5?

Yea I figured it out. The lower number did not include holdbacks and obviously the dealer is not going to move on those. Both numbers did include the advertising charges however.

So with that price - how much did you save under MSRP if you didn't have the S-Plan?

So with that price - how much did you save under MSRP if you didn't have the S-Plan?
Touring FWD with tech package (requires bose/moonroof) MSRP is 27005. So if he pays $26244 it's roughly $800 savings.

That's not too bad at all!

I do have S-plan pricing. Currently the $26,244 is the agreed price after destination minus tax/title/plate. I have a refundable deposit down right now but I'm curious if anyone else has bought under S-plan and came up with a similar number for my options. Touring/Tech/Bose Moonroof/White/FWD. Also MSRP for a white one is $27,205.(Damn special paint charge)

I do have S-plan pricing. Currently the $26,244 is the agreed price after destination minus tax/title/plate. I have a refundable deposit down right now but I'm curious if anyone else has bought under S-plan and came up with a similar number for my options. Touring/Tech/Bose Moonroof/White/FWD. Also MSRP for a white one is $27,205.(Damn special paint charge)

I found out my cousin works for Caterpillar and can get the S-Plan pricing. However my original pricing was $500 off MSRP a few weeks ago. I've only left a $500 deposit thus far and am picking up the car next Saturday. Called the dealers earlier today and asked if they honored S-Plan pricing (which they do), but didn't mention that I was someone who'd already put in an order. From other forums I've read online, seems like that would be ok since I don't have any contract that mentions the FINAL agreed upon price other than "$500 off MSRP"...and so hoping I can swing the S-Plan when I go next week. *crossing fingers*

That's not too bad at all!
It is not, but it's not that great either :) I got $500 off MSRP just by calling another dealer. And considering what the first one wanted to charge me on top of MSRP I'm well within the same savings. I have paid about $1000 less for my CX-5 last Saturday that I would have to pay if I stayed with first dealer.

So who want to give an S plan PIN out to a future CX-5 owner :) Worth a shot at least.

quotes from dealer

so 1st quote is $400 over invoice and seems like 2nd quote with tech package is a better deal ?

Your 2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring Automatic:
Total MSRP: $24,690.00
Your Net Price: $24,005.00 + Fees

Your 2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring Automatic:
+ Moonroof/Bose Package: $1,130.00
+ Technology Package: $1,185.00
Total MSRP: $27,005.00
Your Net Price: $26,066.00 + Fees

ok,

really invoice is what the dealers are charged on paper. what dealers really pay for a car is about 1k less..

it is called holdback and lots of other stuff is involved. dont really think in the long run what the actual cost on the car is know. depends on how long it sits on the lot, how fast the model is selling and a few other different things.. i got a 2010 mazdaspeed 3 in the middle of 2010 for 1500 below invoice. plus tax title and license.. right place right time..

i am interested in a cx5. but will wait till the overpaying is over.

beers

anyone know if invoice on touring is actually 24,000 per quote i got from the dealer or $23,647 per edmund.com ? dealer said they can show the paperwork to support $24,000 and duno how edmunds.com got that figure.

or per swoope...their cost may be $23,000 ?

if i could get a splan pin code, would i be able to get an even better deal ?

Hey all!

I too am looking to buy a CX-5. For the NY folks out there who are or have put orders in - can you give me the dealership you are going to? Or, for those who plan to order perhaps we can work out some kind of 2 for 1 deal thereby making it more enticing for the dealer to take a lower or price at invoice deal. I'm looking to get GT with Tech package and some added options (remote start/backup sensor/ etc). I don't mind waiting 1-3 months if necessary so long as I get the options I want.

LMK!

I'm looking to pick up a CX-5 in the next few months. Like you, I want specific options. I'm on long island.

I'm looking to pick up a CX-5 in the next few months. Like you, I want specific options. I'm on long island.

Depending on your options I'd wait or order one to your liking. I'm thinking of getting a Pearl White GT with AWD, remote start, trailer hitch and back up sensors. It's cheaper (labor wise) to order one and have the accessories installed at the port as opposed to the dealer.

Cx-5

Depending on your options I'd wait or order one to your liking. I'm thinking of getting a Pearl White GT with AWD, remote start, trailer hitch and back up sensors. It's cheaper (labor wise) to order one and have the accessories installed at the port as opposed to the dealer.

That's the exact model and color i want. I actually want the Sand Interior. I don't need the trailer hitch, but want basically every other option down to the wheel locks. If I'm not mistaken, they plan to introduce other options like bumper guards and roof racks. I'd probably want it all to drive off the lot but I'd be interested in the amount of savings by installing accessories afterwords. Also, they wouldn't be exactly the same, right (i.e. Navigation)?

For those living in Minnesota. Took ownership last week from Minnesota, USA Mazda dealership - "best price model". 2013 CX-5 Touring, AWD, Moonroof/Bose, Tech. Total MSRP including delivery, processing and handling fee of $795 = $28,255.

Minus Costco Auto Pricing that worked out to be $500 less than their "best price" + Minus $500 Auto Show rebate (ends March 31st!) = $27,204

I think that might be below invoice.

Thanks for post Mpls. I am from the cities area too (Apple Valley,mn), have been thinking about this car. Would love to hear about your mpg experiences and driving the highway accelerating from 40-65mph. IM me if you dont want to post.

Thanks again.

udayse, running hard on city traffic 20 miles RT commute and sort of seeing what it can do... 24 mpg. 300 miles on the odo. supposed to run it up and down no cruise for the first 600 miles. runs fine at that speed range. passing cars are not a problem but you do have to expect pressing the accelerator, a slight delay, higher rev as it shifts, then all good. that's my experience. compared to my 1999 vw passat v6 it doesn't have the power of course but it's been more fun to drive - go figure. i took a tight turn at a higher speed than you should and just before it settled into the curve, just as i leaned it into the curve, the wheels hopped a bit, no lie. not sure what that means but again i was pushing it a bit since it's been fun to drive. hope that helps. BTW not all the dealerships gave me that pricing in the twin cities. i had to go east near white bear... not sure what the rules are on this board about naming dealers though.

wish there was more info about the cx-5 awd and snow...

Hi Mpls,
Thanks for the info. I know the dealer you are talking about. I have been eyeing their inventory. Kinda sad about the delay in shifts. I know its minor, but still.. Its not like a fly by wire thing.
Uday

Received my CX-5 GX FWD (6 sp manual) with convenience package on 3/26/2012. It took 2.5 weeks to arrive. I love it so far as it offers the best combination I was looking for - room for family, handling, fuel economy, excellent value. I was able to negotiate about $1,000 off the MSRP. Incl. all taxes fees etc, I paid about $30K. Good thing my CIBC Driver's Edge Card will give me about $5K in redeemed rewards.

Got my cx-5 gt w/ tech package this week. Got $2400 off msrp plus all weather mats thrown in. Not sure why i got this deal but i think they wanted to get the car out of their lot. It was not a demo though, it had 11 km on it.

Back