What did you pay for your CX-5?

Just bought a deep crystal blue AWD Touring this past weekend in Upstate NY.

MSRP of 27,400, bought for 25,478 before TTL, with only the $500 Mazda capital credit. And there's no prepayment penalty if you finance with Mazda. Could've gotten 25,300 from a dealer that was significantly further away but wasn't worth the drive.

So, one can take he $500 discount by accepting the financing, then pay the entire loan off with no prepayment penalty? Assume a $16,000 loan with current offer of %.9 . To pay entire loan off would be $16,144
$500-$144=$356. So do we actually only realize a benefit of $356? Are there any application fees for applying for the credit that would also detract from that $500?

Last edited:
Just bought a deep crystal blue AWD Touring this past weekend in Upstate NY.

MSRP of 27,400, bought for 25,478 before TTL, with only the $500 Mazda capital credit. And there's no prepayment penalty if you finance with Mazda. Could've gotten 25,300 from a dealer that was significantly further away but wasn't worth the drive.
Planning on picking up a 2016 cx-5 AWD touring with remote start for $24,995 on Saturday. I should add that would be with the Chase Cust. incentive of $500. I had remote start added for $399, so its actually $25,394 before fees.
Admin fees $75
License/title $75
other fee(wtf fee) $10
tire/battery fee $12.50
sales/use tax $1,120.76
TOTAL fees $1,293.26
Remote start $399
So OTD on 2016 CX-5 AWD touring with remote start $26,687.26

Last edited:
So, one can take he $500 discount by accepting the financing, then pay the entire loan off with no prepayment penalty? Assume a $16,000 loan with current offer of %.9 . To pay entire loan off would be $16,144
$500-$144=$356. So do we actually only realize a benefit of $356? Are there any application fees for applying for the credit that would also detract from that $500?

No loan fees. I did the early prepayment before I even received my statement in the mail. I ended up paying $22 in interest on a 2.9% loan of approximately 27k. So the net benefit for me from the chase offer is $500 - $22 = $478.

No loan fees. I did the early prepayment before I even received my statement in the mail. I ended up paying $22 in interest on a 2.9% loan of approximately 27k. So the net benefit for me from the chase offer is $500 - $22 = $478.

Cool. Thanks!

Planning on picking up a 2016 cx-5 AWD touring for $24,995 on Saturday. I should add that would be with the Chase Cust. incentive of $500. I had remote start added for $399, so its actually $25,394 before fees.
Admin fees $75
License/title $75
other fee(wtf fee) $10
tire/battery fee $12.50
sales/use tax $1,120.76
TOTAL fees $1,293.26
Remote start $399

Don't count on being able to use the Chase incentive. There are a lot of restrictions on both the Chase and Mazda loyalty incentives making them unstackable and useless.
I tried to use it around Memorial Day and couldn't. I ended up just getting the $750 lease incentive.

Maybe you'll get lucky though...

Don't count on being able to use the Chase incentive. There are a lot of restrictions on both the Chase and Mazda loyalty incentives making them unstackable and useless.
I tried to use it around Memorial Day and couldn't. I ended up just getting the $750 lease incentive.

Maybe you'll get lucky though...

Those are the numbers Manager gave me. I did not even know there was a Chase rebate. He gave me price of 24995. When I said I was paying cash he said it would cost me $500 more because my quote included $500 from being a chase cust. using Mazda financing. I do not know about any rebates honestly. He gave me that quote without advising me of any incentives. I only found out about the Chase one when I asked about paying cash. He printed it out for me also.

Those are the numbers Manager gave me. I did not even know there was a Chase rebate. He gave me price of 24995. When I said I was paying cash he said it would cost me $500 more because my quote included $500 from being a chase cust. using Mazda financing. I do not know about any rebates honestly. He gave me that quote without advising me of any incentives. I only found out about the Chase one when I asked about paying cash. He printed it out for me also.
Ok. We might be talking about 2 different Chase rebates.

Chase is Mazda Financial Services. They may be offering a $500 rebate, which the manager is including.

I was talking about the $500 rebate for Chase Bank and credit card customers. That's the one I thought you were talking about. I found out when I leased my CX-5 a couple weeks ago that it's virtually useless.

I just picked up my CX-5 yesterday. (exact color and configuration I wanted).

MSRP was $30,100 w/o fees/extras and the dealer did $28,058. Part of the discount was tied to signing up for Mazda financing but it was a "no brainer" even for a cash buyer because there's no prepayment penalty.

I just picked up my CX-5 yesterday. (exact color and configuration I wanted).

MSRP was $30,100 w/o fees/extras and the dealer did $28,058. Part of the discount was tied to signing up for Mazda financing but it was a "no brainer" even for a cash buyer because there's no prepayment penalty.

Similar on my 2015 BUT there was a "hidden" Gotcha in mine (which I found). I had to make 2 payments to avoid the prepayment penalty (Mazda Finance thru Chase). Cost me $32 to get the $1500 discount, so I continued.

Howdy All,

Well, it's finally time to pull the Trigger on getting my CX-5, and I'd sent out
some emails for the CX-5 that I want, and besides the add on accessories
one of the dealers has found one. I just want to make sure that I'm not over looking
anything or not seeing something that I need to. I guess it's one of those is there a
question I should be asking.

I'd asked for a 2016 Mazda CX-5 GT/AWD White Exterior with Black Leather Interior.
Tech Package, and the I-activsense package. Also, I'd asked for the following accessories
to which most I did not see on the VIN Window Sticker but said they could all be taken care of.
The ones I'd wanted was the Mazda Mobile Start, roof rails/ without crossbars, mudflaps, moonroof deflector,
and side window deflector's.

Here's the vin link, I'd appreciate it if y'all could look it over and see if there's anything that sticks out
to you.

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/dis...E4DY6G0652866&dealerId=34391&showDealer=false

Thanks So Much, I can't tell y'all how excited I am but also I'm trying to be very wary. One thing that I have to say we've purchased
2 Mazda's from this Dealership so have to say that's a pretty good leg up for them.

Take Care,

Craig

Howdy All,

Well, it's finally time to pull the Trigger on getting my CX-5, and I'd sent out
some emails for the CX-5 that I want, and besides the add on accessories
one of the dealers has found one. I just want to make sure that I'm not over looking
anything or not seeing something that I need to. I guess it's one of those is there a
question I should be asking.

I'd asked for a 2016 Mazda CX-5 GT/AWD White Exterior with Black Leather Interior.
Tech Package, and the I-activsense package. Also, I'd asked for the following accessories
to which most I did not see on the VIN Window Sticker but said they could all be taken care of.
The ones I'd wanted was the Mazda Mobile Start, roof rails/ without crossbars, mudflaps, moonroof deflector,
and side window deflector's.

Here's the vin link, I'd appreciate it if y'all could look it over and see if there's anything that sticks out
to you.

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/dis...E4DY6G0652866&dealerId=34391&showDealer=false

Thanks So Much, I can't tell y'all how excited I am but also I'm trying to be very wary. One thing that I have to say we've purchased
2 Mazda's from this Dealership so have to say that's a pretty good leg up for them.

Take Care,

Craig

I would not forget all weather mats (regular carpeted ones are very flimsy)+ rear cargo liner and roll up privacy shade (rear cargo)

Best of Luck...Looks great!

good luck with Mazda Mobile Start. Dealerships i talked to in Mar/Apr had no idea when it would be available.

I would not forget all weather mats (regular carpeted ones are very flimsy)+ rear cargo liner and roll up privacy shade (rear cargo)

Best of Luck...Looks great!

Thanks Buzzer, I'm going to either get the WeatherTechs or the Aires ones, have the Cargo Cover on my list of accessories,
and also the soft cargo liner. I figured these are definitely things the Dealer can deal with or I can buy them
on my own.

Take Care,

CK

good luck with Mazda Mobile Start. Dealerships i talked to in Mar/Apr had no idea when it would be available.

Howdy jcpharm,

I know I have to say I'm a little concerned about the Mazda Mobile Start but it's something
that I'd like to have on it when it's made. Also, I've seen a nice Viper one that could be a good
thing to check out to see how it works. I know someone has been looking into them but right now
my little peabrain is going a 1000 miles an hour with the car thing.

Take Care,

CK

A pleasure

Thanks Buzzer, I'm going to either get the WeatherTechs or the Aires ones, have the Cargo Cover on my list of accessories,
and also the soft cargo liner. I figured these are definitely things the Dealer can deal with or I can buy them
on my own.

Take Care,

CK

Depends on the deal...I made a deal and then said I wanted the mats and rubber cargo liner...They caved! (I think about $80 + $65 for the items)
I would still go for the oem rubber mats (for free)! You can always sell them here or Ebay or Craigslist!
I presume they still had room!

Ok. We might be talking about 2 different Chase rebates.

Chase is Mazda Financial Services. They may be offering a $500 rebate, which the manager is including.

I was talking about the $500 rebate for Chase Bank and credit card customers. That's the one I thought you were talking about. I found out when I leased my CX-5 a couple weeks ago that it's virtually useless.

Correct. I was happy when I got the email alerting me to the Chase customer rebate -- until I was told that you basically cannot combine it with any other rebate you get, like the Mazda loyalty rebate. I don't want to call it bait-n-switch, but it's at least misleading advertising...

Correct. I was happy when I got the email alerting me to the Chase customer rebate -- until I was told that you basically cannot combine it with any other rebate you get, like the Mazda loyalty rebate. I don't want to call it bait-n-switch, but it's at least misleading advertising...

The Chase coupon says "cannot be combined with private offers" if I remember correctly.

I was able to combine the Chase existing customer offer with the memorial day bonus, and I think there was another Mazda financing bonus too. Loyalty bonus, military bonus, etc. do not combine because they're considered private offers.

You just have to ask the dealer what is and isn't included. I'm sure everyone here knows the drill ......read the fine print and ask questions before you get upset.

Similar on my 2015 BUT there was a "hidden" Gotcha in mine (which I found). I had to make 2 payments to avoid the prepayment penalty (Mazda Finance thru Chase). Cost me $32 to get the $1500 discount, so I continued.

Wait, can you elaborate on this? I also financed through Chase/Mazda Capital Services and I made sure there was no prepayment penalty. Online, when I make my monthly payments, I can add any additional amount to be paid, but haven't actually done it yet, so I don't know if the "no penalty" would ring true now, after reading your post.

Agreed. My dealer did not know what it was. Instead I added the Mazda remote start with the FOB. Doesn't seem to work very well at all.

Planning on picking up a 2016 cx-5 AWD touring for $24,995 on Saturday. I should add that would be with the Chase Cust. incentive of $500. I had remote start added for $399, so its actually $25,394 before fees.
Admin fees $75
License/title $75
other fee(wtf fee) $10
tire/battery fee $12.50
sales/use tax $1,120.76
TOTAL fees $1,293.26
Remote start $399

Picked up Saturday. Dealership honored the price he emailed. I'd say $24,995. for a new 2016 CX-5 AWD touring with remote start is a good price. All went smooth . No major pushes from finance guy.

Last edited:
Back