What did you pay for your CX-5?

I'm looking to buy Liquid Silver CX-5 GT+Tech Package within a week. The MSRP (per mazdausa.com) is $30,415 including $795 of the destination charge.

I'm in San Jose, California, and am likely to go to Oak Tree Mazda here. How much should I expect to pay? What are they going to try and upsell me on?

Read the thread. Most dealers are pushing MSRP due to the cars popularity. Price depends on many factors like trade etc. Usually they will lower the price of the new car to make the deal look better but lower what they give on the trade.

These things are flying off the lots. My local Mazda dealer got 4 in last Tuesday and by Friday afternoon they were all sold. Don't expect a lot of discount as the dealers just don't have to. Hey, we expect em to discount heavy when they have a lot so I guess it's only fair they charge as much as they can when they only have a few and demand is high.

Just bought a Black on Black GT for $26595+ $795 for destination = $27390. No options except wheel locks. My wife and I love it!

Last edited:
These things are flying off the lots. My local Mazda dealer got 4 in last Tuesday and by Friday afternoon they were all sold. Don't expect a lot of discount as the dealers just don't have to. Hey, we expect em to discount heavy when they have a lot so I guess it's only fair they charge as much as they can when they only have a few and demand is high.

Theres not a ton of markeup on these cars from mazda like there are from other manufacturers. You will get a bit better deal but not a whole lot.

I'm looking to buy Liquid Silver CX-5 GT+Tech Package within a week. The MSRP (per mazdausa.com) is $30,415 including $795 of the destination charge.

I'm in San Jose, California, and am likely to go to Oak Tree Mazda here. How much should I expect to pay? What are they going to try and upsell me on?

Sorry, as of today it's sold.

Just bought a Black on Black GT for $26595+ $795 for destination = $27390. No options except wheel locks. My wife and I love it!

Nova:

If you're located in Nova Scotia I would appreciate the details of the purchase and the name of the vendor, as that is a super deal for a GT with Tech in Canada and I would like to beat my own dealer over the head with this information during my purchase negotiations.

Brian

Hi guys,

I bought my CX-5 sport 6MT liqiud silver at around $21870 OTD. This includes 6% Michigan tax and $190 dealer document fee, so I think I paid ~$20400 for the vehicle. I think manual version was little easier to deal than auto ones. It's been only a week but I absolutely love the car!

Brian

Hi everyone,

I bought my CX-5 in early April, but just joined Mazdas247 last night. I paid $23,846.00 for the AWD Touring with no extra options or accessories. This price included destination but not TTL (which was about $1100.00 in this case). The MSRP on my CX-5 was $25,940.00. My local dealer listed $23,846.00 on the dealership's website. After the test drive, I knew the CX-5 would be my next car (just didn't know when that purchase would be). I wanted to trade my '05 Corolla CE w/ 80k miles, but thought they would offer a low-ball trade allowance. According to NaDA, Edmunds and kbb, the car would be worth $6,000-$6,500 as a trade in. When the dealer offered a $7,000 trade allowance, I jumped on it. Now I'm loving my CX-5!

Hope this helps.

Nova:

If you're located in Nova Scotia I would appreciate the details of the purchase and the name of the vendor, as that is a super deal for a GT with Tech in Canada and I would like to beat my own dealer over the head with this information during my purchase negotiations.

Brian

NOVA = Northern Virginia, US

Sorry for the confusion!

I have been working with a dealer and they are only willing to come down $200. I have checked other locations and none have the CX-5 model and color I want. Are others finding that to be the case or should I hold out for another dealer and see if I can get a better deal? $200 doesn't seem like much and the salesman is telling me that these are in high demand and they don't have to discount.
Thanks

Most dealers are saying this. They have no incentive to give it to you for cheaper than that because someone will walk in a few hours later and buy it for more.

Hi everyone, I just ordered my sky blue GT with tech package. I was only able to get about $300.00 off but got them to throw in all weather mats, door visors,cargo mat, cargo cover and mud flaps. I was told that this will be a factory order (due to short supply of this color and package combination) and most likely won't arrive until August. Hopefully it won't take that long.

I was able to get 300$ over the SPLAN pricing. Some sort of agreement with the credit union. I am wondering if this is a good deal? Its a CX-5 GT, red + black interior, GT tech package, Remote engine start for tech for $30315, MSRP was $30940. I am just curious if I'd benefit better going through costco or sams.

Is anyone getting any discounts on this vehicle? Could you please post your experiences? True car now states they are going for higher than MSRP???

We just purchased a GS model (Canadian mid-level trim) and I was able to get $900 off MSRP plus the grad discount for a total of $1400 off MSRP.

Its apparently at port in Vancouver, not sure how long it will take to get to Kitchener, Ontario.

I had a quote today on a base manual for $20,899. That would be $599 off MSRP. Sorry, make that $591 off MSRP. That sounds pretty good to me.

Last edited:
The only thing holding me back from buying one is the fact that the manual transmission is only FWD and does not come in Blue.

I want a 6 speed manual AWD Blue CX-5.

Back