What did you pay for your CX-5?

I've been lurking for a while and am pretty close to getting a CX5.

Red FWD Touring, no other options.

The dealer has offered $1000 off MSRP (plus an additional $500 owner loyalty discount). I see people getting GREAT deals on much higher end versions, but not as good on the lower end like this base Touring. I know there's less room, but is this a good deal?

I bought a Liquid Silver Touring 02 Oct 2013. Putnam Mazda in Burlingame CA (south of San Francisco) came down from a sticker of $25860 (MSRP including destination + $250 for the roof rails - they order all of their cars with roof rails so I was stuck with paying for them even though I didn't want them) to $23998 as the Internet quote. That was good enough for us that we took it. There were no options other than the roof rails. No loyalty bonus or other discounts.

cheers,
Michael

Bought my CX5 GS two weeks ago and picked up last week. Total purchase price was CAD $30,100 (I pay no taxes) and that is with the TomTom built in. All in all not a bad deal I think, the kicker was with the trade in and the other stuff trying to weasel it down to the last nickles because I have three Mazda dealers to choose from in a fairly small area (20km radius). I went with the one that had a good name, that other people at my work also use, and that actually gave me the best deal after all.

For a base Touring is realistic to be able to go below $24k? Truecar shows $24.670. This is in LA area.

Do you mean less than 24K$ OTD which includes taxes, tags, documentation ? If so, then it's very difficult as the dealer will have to give it to you for atleast 2000$ below invoice. I have seen dealers willing to sell for around 24.5K OTD but this was at the end of Sept. which was a month-end as well as quarter-end period. That's when dealers are looking to meet sales targets and will usually take a loss to qualify for manufacturer incentives.

Now, if this is only the price + destination fee, then it's not too difficult based on how hard you negotiate. If it's the end of the month and the dealer is looking to meet his sales target, then its definitely possible. I have seen folks here go for less 23500$ before TTD which I consider an excellent deal.

What I paid near Boston

Could not wait. Wife totaled a car. Got CX-5 GT with tech package+Roof Rack@30,500 with an MSRP of 31,595

Funny part is the dealer who had the car would not sell to me at that price , Kept confusing me .Wasted 3 of my working days. Eventually got a dealer who put everything down in writing and got the car from the previous dealer, sold it me and delivered to my free! It's amazing how powerless we consumers are.

The car is a dream but the shopping around experience is very very bitter much bitter .

@neelkc12 - I had that same experience of a dealer not willing to sell, I just do not see the logic of their reasoning in it. Oh well... :)

Could not wait. Wife totaled a car. Got CX-5 GT with tech package+Roof Rack@30,500 with an MSRP of 31,595

Funny part is the dealer who had the car would not sell to me at that price , Kept confusing me .Wasted 3 of my working days. Eventually got a dealer who put everything down in writing and got the car from the previous dealer, sold it me and delivered to my free! It's amazing how powerless we consumers are.

The car is a dream but the shopping around experience is very very bitter much bitter .

Make sure you call up your salesguy at the dealership who wouldn't sell you the car at the price you wanted and let him know that you got that very car from the other dealer for the price you wanted.
Thank him for not doing business with you, and lett him know that he lost the sale, but you still got the car.

That should put a smile on his face.

BC.

I checked my paperwork and paid out-the-door price of $27,035 for a Soul red touring with the Bose/Sunroof package. The bottom line price is what is important because some/most dealers have little Got-Ya extras like extra cost fees and what ever. Ed

Now, if this is only the price + destination fee, then it's not too difficult based on how hard you negotiate. If it's the end of the month and the dealer is looking to meet his sales target, then its definitely possible. I have seen folks here go for less 23500$ before TTD which I consider an excellent deal.

I meant the car+destination. Truecar shows for a base Touring in my area $24670.

Base Touring.

I meant the car+destination. Truecar shows for a base Touring in my area $24670.

That should not be too difficult. I am on the east coast and got a base Soul Red Touring for 24K (car + destination). Car already had roof rails, wheel locks on top of that so it increased the price by 300$.

If they are not reducing the price, you can ask them to add in some service coupons or other incentives/accessories. FWIW, negotiating at the end of the month will see you get a better price.

If you don't mind me asking what dealership was this? I'm currently looking to buy a 2014 CX-5 Touring in Houston :)

2014 CX-5 Touring with Tech and moonroof/Bose:

$28,225 sticker, including destination. Plus ridiculous $795 dealer added options which was a paint protectant and nitrogen in the tires.
$24,855 Negotiated Sale Price
$28,200 Out the door cost (sales tax, license, title, inspection, GAP coverage, dealer inventory fee, documentary fee), had a trade in so didnt finance that much but that was the final cost of the car.

If you don't mind me asking what dealership was this? I'm currently looking to buy a 2014 CX-5 Touring in Houston :)

I went to Deeter Mazda. I had a great experience there. Very friendly, not pushy, informative and was able to get what I think is a good deal.

Awesome yeah your price definitely looks pretty good, that was the main reason I wanted to see where you went. Hopefully I'll be able to get a similar deal! Thanks for the info!

I went to Deeter Mazda. I had a great experience there. Very friendly, not pushy, informative and was able to get what I think is a good deal.

From what I was able to determine, the dealer was downright desperate to sell a car. I was there at the end of the month and quarter, the salesman said he had sold one car that month. It wasn't an easy negotiation, in fact I arrived in the morning and didn't leave until 3. The owner was contacted to sign off on the deal so that certainly added to the amount of time it took to close the deal. They also stood to make some profit on my trade-in (CX 7) as the trade in negotiation just barely left me in the black, plus I purchased the extended warranty which is also more money in their pocket.

Back