What did you pay for your CX-5?

We picked up a white 2014 CX-5 2.5 Touring with Moonroof/Bose package … MSRP was $28,500 but we got it for $25,990 and since Mazda was offering .9% financing, we took advantage of that too!

Is the $25,990 the out-The-Door-Price?

Its a 2014 Touring AWD with Bose/Moonroof, roof rails and weather floor mats.

Negotiated to $25,990 + .9% financing + about $250 worth of licensing/plates, etc stuff … so total about $26,240 out the door. FWIW - The dealer said I got a steal :)

She is a beauty: photo 1 copya.jpg
Now she needs 20" and/or a height drop :)

Its a 2014 Touring AWD with Bose/Moonroof, roof rails and weather floor mats.

Negotiated to $25,990 + .9% financing + about $250 worth of licensing/plates, etc stuff … so total about $26,240 out the door. FWIW - The dealer said I got a steal :)

She is a beauty: View attachment 204232
Now she needs 20" and/or a height drop :)

Congrats on your new car and the great deal; That is over $1000 under invoice!

Also, may I ask which dealership you went with? I'm in the Seattle area and just started emailing dealers about the CX-5 (same setup as you, touring w/ moonroof package) and getting offers at invoice or a few hundred above.

thank you

After test driving for about a month now on different brands and vehicle types, I've decided to go with the CX-5.

2014 CX-5 GT is $34,795, MSRP plus tech package and minus $250 signing bonus (Canadian dollars here). Just inquiring how much other fellow Canadians have paid for that build and what I should be realistically shooting for.

Last edited:
Just picked up our first Mazda.

2014 CX-5 GT AWD (Meteor Gray)

No extras. 0.9% for 60 months. Purchase price: $28,428.

Evanston, IL - Mazda Autobarn. Dealt with Chris Norton, highly recommended. No nonsense - undercut all other quotes by $200.

Is this out of the door, or before tax?

Am looking for a base AWD GT. I have an initial offer of $27,899 + tax $2518.11 + lic $398.75 = $30,815.86 - $500.00 Loyalty =$30315.86

Haven't started negotiating yet, am waiting for a few other offers. Can anyone recommend me a target price to go for for the above?

Last edited:
Hi,
I would like to get some inputs on purchase process from a Mazda dealership.

After doing couple of test drives, we narrowed down our choice to 2014 CX-5 GT FWD with technology package (red color). The MSRP is $30,540 and the invoice is around $29500 (incl. destination fee). From what I read in this forum, I saw a couple of purchases made around $1500 below invoice. So I was targeting for something in the range of $27.5~$28k. We went to a dealership last weekend and after a few minutes of negotiations, the maximum they went down was $28.5k when we were willing to pay $28k. We walked away. There are a couple of other dealerships nearby; so we are planning to try those out. I was wondering if my target range sounds reasonable.
(One input I wanted to give for future buyers is that the Costco Auto program is a joke as far as getting a competitive price is concerned. The Costco price was $500 below invoice and within 10 minutes of negotiation, the price came down to $1000 below invoice.)

I heard that it might be good to wait until the end of the month to do purchase negotiations because sales agents will be trying to meet quotas at that time. Is that true based on experience?

How many miles is it reasonable for the car to have already been driven? <75 miles?

I have an almost 20-year-old Honda Civic. Would a Mazda dealership be interested in trade-in for an old Honda car? Its value is probably less than $500; so can't expect much for it I suppose. I was planning to ask the agent about it once the purchase price is finalized.

Based on reading this forum and elsewhere, it seemed a push on whether to get extended warranty. So I was not planning to get it now.
The only options that I was interested in was the roof rails and cargo cover. It seems these can be added later on as well; so I was planning to wait on getting those items.

Please let me know if you have any additional inputs that may be useful for me when I visit the dealers later this month. I will be sure to post my final numbers once I go through with the purchase.

Thanks.

You may want to second guess the price you received from the Costco auto buying program. The dealers often try to scam you. I would in all honesty report it to the Costco auto buying program for fraud. I had a dealer tell me their Costco auto buying program price was 29,125 for a '14 GT AWD Red cx5+ Tech but I went to another dealer who showed me the real Costco auto buying program price. They were offering a '14 GT AWD Red cx5+tech for $28,125 + an additional $500 off for loyalty and additional $500 Costco cash card. In addition because I am an executive member, I was going to receive an extra $250 voucher that could be used at the dealer for after market parts. I wasn't ready to buy then and 3 months later when I was ready, that dealer no longer participated and would not come close to the same offer. So I would hold up on your assesment of their auto buying program and put more concern on the dealer.

Read this thread all the way through before pulling the trigger today. It's hard to gauge your price compared to others since these things can be configured so many different ways. Also, some people talk sales price vs OTD price and hardly anyone lists their tax rate, dmv fess, etc.

Anyways, I qualified for Mazda's S plan pricing and went to the first dealer with that. I'm also a Sam's Club member and explored their auto purchasing program. They led me to one dealer out of state (Libertyville Mazda in Illinois) and I got their price (after a lot of emails). I also internet shopped every other dealer in my area (Milwaukee, WI) and a couple others in my state (Green Bay, Janesville, and Appleton) without telling them about the S plan. Know what I came up with? Everyone was within $200 on price and would not budge on anything. So if you're not S plan eligible or a Sam's or Costco member just keep shopping them, you will eventually get the lowest possible price.

I ended up with the following for a 2014 AWD Touring with bose/moonroof package, roof rails, and roof cross rails (I think it's bs you have to pay extra for those btw) in Jet Black Mica:

MSRP - 28,364
Sales Price - 27,442
Dealer Fee - 179
Tax (5.6%) - 1547
DMV Fees - 194
Out the Door - 29,362

I think I did as good as I could. Hopefully this will help someone get a better deal

Congrats on your new car and the great deal; That is over $1000 under invoice!

Also, may I ask which dealership you went with? I'm in the Seattle area and just started emailing dealers about the CX-5 (same setup as you, touring w/ moonroof package) and getting offers at invoice or a few hundred above.

thank you

Royal Moore Dealership.
I honestly don't think its a particular dealer...FWIW, I think its a factor of how you negotiate, their inventory and the sales person.
I've updated the car in the last 2 weeks...
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123834053-Upgrades-Nearly-Completed-(Pics)

2014 CX-5 GT AWD, Jet Black Mica, Cargo tray and all weather floor mats:

35,000 out the door. All signed for. Dealer will be taking a look at trade on Monday, but I expect to get at least $6000 from it. So total cash is ending up around $29,000 (CAD btw). Can't wait until Monday!

Last edited:
I just got this emailed quote for a 2014 Touring with no options but the leather.

$25,610 MSRP $24,898 Invoice
$ 500 Star discount
$ 500 MAZDA Loyalty
$ 23,898 Price
$ 1295 Install Leather
$25,193 Wth leather. + tax and fees

Decent deal?

Signed yesterday for a silver AWD GT, no options.

$27,155 for car, − $500 loyalty, + TTL and fees = $29,500 OTD, done. Negotiated over email with Tony at Culver City Mazda in LA. Top guy, absolutely no fuss.

Can use some cash saved to buy some options and install myself.

I just got this emailed quote for a 2014 Touring with no options but the leather.

$ 500 Star discount
$ 500 MAZDA Loyalty
$ 23,898 Price
$ 1295 Install Leather

Decent deal?

Reasonable.
Personally I would get moonroof/Bose package :)

What is the "Star Discount"? Is this the same as the Mazda S-Plan?

$ 500 Star discount
$ 500 MAZDA Loyalty
$ 23,898 Price
$ 1295 Install Leather

Decent deal?

2014 CX-5 Touring with Tech and moonroof/Bose:

$28,225 sticker, including destination. Plus ridiculous $795 dealer added options which was a paint protectant and nitrogen in the tires.
$24,855 Negotiated Sale Price
$28,200 Out the door cost (sales tax, license, title, inspection, GAP coverage, dealer inventory fee, documentary fee), had a trade in so didnt finance that much but that was the final cost of the car.

Just bought a 2014 CX-5 Touring with sunroof and Bose package for $500 under invoice with Mazda $500 loyalty discount. Dealer offered it at invoice with no haggling and told me about the $500 Mazda loyalty discount as well. A great buying experience at Wyoming Valley Motors in Northeast PA.

Back