What did you pay for your CX-5?

It's official, finally the owner of a new CX5! Picked it up last night.

Black 2014 Touring, AWD, Tech, Bose/Moonroof for $26,388 (includes $500 loyalty).
Lowest honest price I was able to get anywhere.

I guess I should weigh in. I did pretty good.

2014 GT with white pearl paint, beige leather/inside and tech package. FWD.

I put in some time with dealer for it. I think it stickered at like $32 ish? I was $27,350

Dealer had like $900 in doc stamp fees to which I walked out over after spending 5 1/2 hours to that point and they claimed they couldnt change that(Florida should be $300-no more than $999 gotta love internet on phones) and they made it so that the car wound up at 27,350 before taxes but including the other crap. They honestly sucked as a dealer, but had the color combo and ride I wanted and were certainly into moving vehicles because I got to the actual price relatively painlessly. Their tactic was to waste a bunch of my time so that I would want to settle on a price to get out of there, so just in turn started taking up so much of the salesmanship time that he didn't have a chance to work with anyone else on a Saturday and made myself by default his only game in town. Of course the money guy and I still went back and forth a few times, but after I laughed and got up to leave because he "just got off the phone with another dealership that wanted that car with that trim, but wanted to give me first shot at it" he was fairly compliant. I told him that "if he had that one sold to another dealer he should do it because mike(salesman) and I are not really close on making this happen(after like 4 hours with mike) and I was thinking I need to see where the rav 4 is really at since we can't get this done"

I HATE dealerships, but I love negotiating with people so I am torn on buying cars between loving and hating it...

Just wondering for people who purchased Mazda Extended Warranty... Are you suppose to receive a card or something via mail? Or is it just registered to your vehicle when you purchased it, no card or anything? I'm asking because it's been over a month and I haven't received anything about the warranty unlike the my Honda which I received a little card through mail.

First post on this Forum. Seems like everybody get the upper echelon so my price want matter much probably. I got a 2014 CX-5 sport FWD with manual 6 speed and the 2.0L motor, and absolutely no options.

$20,400.00 including all fee, Except money to the state.

Of course I got the entire cost for 0.9% for 60 months. Its free money.

Don't know how this deal stacks up, but I felt pretty good about it.

First post on this Forum. Seems like everybody get the upper echelon so my price want matter much probably. I got a 2014 CX-5 sport FWD with manual 6 speed and the 2.0L motor, and absolutely no options.

$20,400.00 including all fee, Except money to the state.

Of course I got the entire cost for 0.9% for 60 months. Its free money.

Don't know how this deal stacks up, but I felt pretty good about it.

In December 2012 I got my 2013, CX-5 sport FWD with manual, roof rack, bumper guard and wheel locks for 22,780 OTD
The actual sale price of the car was $20,615 (including $500 loyalty + $300 auto show bonus + 0.9 APR for 36 months)

I know the price I got was not the best possible.

The first time I came into the dealership to test drive (on rainy Sunday afternoon after a rainy weekend at the end of the month) they were willing to discount an additional $500 if I made the purchase that day. At that point I wasn't yet convinced about the CX-5, didn't have my checkbook, wasn't sure if my old car was going to be totaled and I incorrectly assumed that I could get that deal another day, or from another dealer in the area.

Blah, should have gone on here prior to going to the dealership.

2014 GS AWD Sky Blue Mica $34,828 CAD (taxes included) in Alberta

Block heater and wheel locks

Compustar 2 way starter
3M on hood, fenders and mirrors
Side body moulding
All weather mats
Cargo tray
Retractable cargo cover

0% financing

Guess I have lots to learn in terms of negotiating.

I didn't have a Mazda so no $500 loyalty or I would have gotten it below $20,000.

Sounds to me like you got a lot of car for very little money. IIRC the 2014 MSRP is higher than the 2013, so getting it that cheap without the loyalty is great!

I think the sport manual is the best deal...

if you can live without the 40/20/40 folding seats (which I really miss.. anyone in CA want to trade rear seats?? I would gladly pay quite a bit of cash for them!)

and Bluetooth (which I don't really care for, because according to a recent AAA article I read using Bluetooth for talking on the phone is only marginally better than just holding the stupid thing, which I do not do)

and the 2.5L engine (which would be very nice to have, but it completely not needed with the stick, and would result in more gas consumption, higher accident risk, more brake wear and more expensive speeding tickets)

and the AWD.. which would also be great to have.

The 6 speed really loves cruising at just above 80MPH in 6th btw.
At lower speeds it feels a bit sluggish if you stay in 6th, but at 80+ it really comes alive.

I really like it so far. I live at the edge of the Rockies, and was a bit worried about not getting the 2.5L. When I had a 4 wheel drive vehicle that had the option I might have used it 4 times a year. I decided I would rather have better fuel economy, and I have always driven manual transmissions ever since I started riding motorcycles when I was 10. I like the control. I would like to have bluetooth, but you can't have everything.

Just bought 2014 GT AWD w/ Tech Package and rails for roof rack (not the rack itself) in Sky Blue Mica for $29,775 @ Gladstone Mazda near Portland, OR.

.9% for 60 months; no loyalty/military incentives

I think this is good but not great, but whatever money I left on the table was left for a good reason: I did all negotiations by email, starting w/ Internet quote from dealer. I didn't speak to the dealer until I walked in to sign the papers. Total time for the entire transaction was 60-90 minutes (including my emails/online Mazda credit application/paper signing/listening to dealer explain the car).

They kept calling during the email exchange. I screened the calls and, instead of calling back, I kept the negotiation rolling by email w/ something like . . . "Thanks for your voicemail, . . . . "

Been lurking here for a couple of months. Planning to get into a CX5 within this month. Would like to ask for some feedback.

Mainly interested in the Touring trim (base, though might go for the tech package if the prices are right).

Emailed and requested quotes from about 10 dealers all around.... and getting this numbers...
base -> $24000 ~ $25000
base w/ tech package -> $25800

As I understand, MSRP for the touring trim is $25,610 with invoice price of $24,898. The tech package MSRP and invoice is $1485/$1322 respectively.

I am aiming for around $23500 for the base (and $24800 for the base + tech package). Would those numbers be a good deal? Should I try and get lower numbers (at the moment, I think my target price is ~$1300 below invoice). I been reading this thread and couldn't find much comparables in terms of the trim (i see lots of GTs or AWD models) and the market (prices for east/midwest would probably be different to ones in So-cal).

Looking forward to joining the community soon....

~adios~ ciao~

PS: thinking of getting either meteor gray or stormy blue

Forgot my $9,000 trade in Total OTD was $28,023. Sorry about that little oversight(bicker)

Last edited:
Back