What did you pay for your CX-5?

I got(or will have in a week) my GS FWD for about $28,600 before taxes from Achilles Mazda up in Milton. That includes freight and pdi and whatever other charges Ontario requires. That was my best bid using Unhaggle and from what I gather it was about 1%-1.5% above dealer's cost.

If you go, ask for Achilles, I'm pretty sure he's the owner and tell him Victor referred you. I haven't dealt with them in person but the finance and sales part of it was very friendly and haven't run into any troubles or complaints.

Good luck!

Also, stay the heck away from Budd's Mazda in Oakville, gave me a good price on the GS AWD demo they had then went back on it saying they never mentioned in.

You did very good! I picked up the same model for $29,249 everything in except HST (tax), color was white so price includes the $200 extra. I also negotiated some accessories and they threw in all season mats and wheel locks, a $225 value.

I got(or will have in a week) my GS FWD for about $28,600 before taxes from Achilles Mazda up in Milton. That includes freight and pdi and whatever other charges Ontario requires. That was my best bid using Unhaggle and from what I gather it was about 1%-1.5% above dealer's cost.

If you go, ask for Achilles, I'm pretty sure he's the owner and tell him Victor referred you. I haven't dealt with them in person but the finance and sales part of it was very friendly and haven't run into any troubles or complaints.

Good luck!

Also, stay the heck away from Budd's Mazda in Oakville, gave me a good price on the GS AWD demo they had then went back on it saying they never mentioned in.

from redflagdeals the invoice price is $28,571 for a 2014 GS FWD auto. you pretty much got it for invoice

Unhaggle is pretty accurate
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/request-free-dealer-cost-invoice-price-incentives-new-cars-1254621/63/#post17139507

Best deal in Ontario has got to be at Avante Mazda. Here is what I got last month when I talked to Gautam Shah. It's basically Invoice+1% if you don't count the winter tires I bought at the same time. Amazing experience, and will definitely be going back for my next vehicle.

Tell them Kyle Mabee sent you, and then let me know via PM and maybe I'll qualify for the referral bonus...

---
Base MSRP : $35045

Accessories purchased
+ Cargo Tray : $87.95
+ Cargo Cover: $254.75
+ Floor Liners $210.00
+ General Altimax 17" Steel Wheel Package (Winter Tires) $1190.20
+ Soul Red Paint $300

- Avante July Promo ( - $500 accessories)
- Avante July Promo ( - $500 wheels)
- Avante Loyalty Rebate (-$2586)
- Factory Rebate (-$400)

+ PDI : $575
+ Freight : $1295
+ Air Tax : $100
+ OMVIC FEE : $5
+ OTS FEE : $29.20

Sub Total : $35,106.10

+ HST : $4563.80

Total : $39,669.90 (+ License Fee and Lein Registration Fee, both of which totaled under $200)

0 % Interest over 60 months because we owned a Mazda as our current car.

Does anyone run into these dealer add-on services that cost anywhere from 700-1100 dollars? Here in Texas one dealer wants 700 dollars for paint sealant & leather conditioner. Another dealer wants 1000 bucks for tint, nitrogen tires, and wheel locks. All these services are things that cost the dealer no where near as much as they charge and I am unwilling to pay for them. Are there any strategies to avoid paying for these things? The dealers I have talked to don't seem to mind me walking away from the deal when I refuse to pay for them.

I've been all over the map with this long time coming decision for CRV replacement- x1 35i, glk diesel, crosstrek, forester, santa fe, my wife wanting to kill me, etc. Clincher was got a great deal 3500 off and trade in on a Santa Fe sport but I said let me just drive the mazda once more (hadn't driven a gt yet). Originally I didn't want the 19s but part of my issue-fear of harsh ride turned out a non issue. The other and it still is annoying- lack of tire choice but I'm adding 18s and winter tires on to the virtual cost. So after driving them back to back I knew what I had to do. But the adjacent dlr was only willing to discount the awd gt by 500 off sticker and gave me a measly 10 for my 07 CRV. Here's what I got and I can't believe how quick and easy I did it.
AWD gt online instant quote 27995 (2125 off- had aw mats, bumper guard and wheel locks). I just wanted to be otd for 20 after trade on that car. I managed to do this on an awd gt with tech! They gave me the same 2125 off and bumped the trade to 11300 after convincing them on 11 to make it happen. They were pretty busy and clearly wanted to sell cars, and so they did...

31745 msrp liquid silver awd gt tech with aw mats, bumper guard & wheel locks
29620 sell

Still wasn't sure about tech but everyone seems to rave about the lights. Above awesome deal swayed me into it and yes it was in usd:). Wish me luck I pick her up next tue..

PS: Can dealers fix the mirror shimmy at speed?

Last edited:
I don't know if you guys have checked online for pricing or not but buying accessories online is always cheaper than it is from the dealer. Not all dealers will pricematch but ask, I got $100 off the final price for the cargo tray, cover and all weather mats.

from redflagdeals the invoice price is $28,571 for a 2014 GS FWD auto. you pretty much got it for invoice

Unhaggle is pretty accurate
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/request-free-dealer-cost-invoice-price-incentives-new-cars-1254621/63/#post17139507

I think they have that mixed with the AWD. The FWD MSRP starts at $28,650. The invoice unhaggle gave was about $26,400. I forget the exact number.

Not too sure if I got as good a deal as some but I am happy.

2014 GT FWD - Crystal White Pearl - Stone interior - GT tech pkg - floor mats, cargo mat, cargo cover & wheel locks. (I also got them to include pinstripes and window tint. I estimate this to be a cost of at least $250)

List - $30,755
Add ons - $250

Total - $31,005

Sell - $29,518

My first post as a member. I recently purchased my 2014 CX-5 GT AWD, No Tech, Meteor Gray. Couldn't have come to my final decision without all the great info in this forum so much thanks to all posters.

Purchased at Wayne Mazda in New Jersey, largest Mazda dealer in the world (or so they claim).
MSRP was $29,865, Kelly Blue Book fair value was $28,739. Initial offer by my dealer was $28,924. I got it down to $28,200 plus a retractable cargo cover included ($200 value). Pretty happy with deal. Really just wanted to get them to cover the $400 document fee and I got even more than that at the end of the day. First time buying a car and while I can't say I enjoyed the process, it definitely wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

If you shop in Northern NJ, I would recommend this dealership but beware that they try to force a $299 window etching fee on you. You can get it removed if you stick to your guns. It's not a state requirement to have etching and it certainly does not cost $299. They also have an accessories store and currently a coupon on their website for 15% all accessories.

Well...went to buy today and they did the bait and switch...

I left and asked to let me think on it...

Looking at '14 White AWD Touring with Tech &Bose/Moonroof.

Down to $27.8 after incentives (includes their "mandatory" fabric and paint protection) @ 60mo .09%

Thoughts?? I was ready to buy tonight but there was not much negotiating going on.

Kobak8, I bought mine at North Penn Mazda in PA. $138 doc fee. I paid $28,250 including doc fee, hitch install (i provided the hitch) and alignment post new wheel/tire install. I have a GT with roof rack no tech. Call Mike Fontaine, we did the deal over the phone, very easy. Wayne is a great dealership but $400 fee on a car is so stupid.
Rick

Last edited:
Went to another dealer...have them down to $26,589 but will only give a ridiculous $800 for our trade. Other dealership will give $3500...will update

Thank you ourlee, if you don't mind I am trying to determine the best number out the door, full total.

They added NJ tax and registration and the plates arrived in the mail a few days later. Yesterday I ran through inspection, good til 2017.

I purchased a 2014 touring meteor gray fwd with tech and moonroof on Friday . Sales price was 27,400 plus ttl. They only charged an extra $150 in fees. I also got them to throw in the all weather cargo tray

Last edited:
Received the following offer on 2014 Touring AWD no options:

MSRP: $26,860

SALE: $25,418 - $500 loyalty = $24,918 + DH + TTL

$28,200 included destination. Then there was a $399 document fee, taxes of course, $5 processing fee and a $7.50 tire tax. Oh and NJ state 4 year registration which was $401. That is good for the first four years and required by the state on new car purchases. Wayne has a huge inventory of vehicles.

Just entered the CX-5 family yesterday.

Picked up a 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD w/ Technology Package in Soul Red.
Options were:
- Roof Rack
- Reverse Parking Sensors
- Rear Bumper Guard
- Retractable Cargo Cover

MSRP = $32,815

Bought for $30,200

On top of that:
- 0.9% / 60 months financing
- Extra $1400 for extended 7yr/100K comprehensive warranty
- Extra $347 for Registration/Title/Licensing

Unfortunately... no loyalty or military discounts. :(
Still, I think I got a good deal. (2thumbs)

Just entered the CX-5 family yesterday.

Picked up a 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD w/ Technology Package in Soul Red.
Options were:
- Roof Rack
- Reverse Parking Sensors
- Rear Bumper Guard
- Retractable Cargo Cover

MSRP = $32,815

Bought for $30,200

On top of that:
- 0.9% / 60 months financing
- Extra $1400 for extended 7yr/100K comprehensive warranty
- Extra $347 for Registration/Title/Licensing

Unfortunately... no loyalty or military discounts. :(
Still, I think I got a good deal. (2thumbs)

yeah sounds very good.
which dealer?

Back