What did you pay for your CX-5?

I purchased a Mazda CX-5 Sport manual in liquid silver yesterday. Price was $21199. They would not go lower than that (as I mentioned, supply remain tight here) but they gave me a decent deal on the trade to make up for it. So it landed smack dab in the middle of the out-the-door price I wanted to pay. Very exciting!

The dealer invoice price for the CX-5 sport 6MT is $20589 ($19794+$795 destination) + a regional marketing assessment. In Georgia, the marketing assessment is $413 so the total dealer invoice in GA seems to be $21002. Another dealer internet manager confirmed the same to me regarding the invoice price in GA.

I got my liquid silver CX-5 sport 6MT $200 below invoice for $20802 + $1284 (6% tax) +$599 dealer fee, +$22 title/tag = $22707

I got the $200 taken off invoice since all the dealer fees in the Duluth/Satellite Blvd area are all set at $599 while some other dealers I talked with were at $379 or $499. It was actually a great experience to get all the price quotes in email and phone before even going back to a dealership to sign the paperwork. I probably could have gotten the same price from 2 other dealerships but the other 2 would have had to order it since they didn't have a 6mt on the lot.

We love driving it and a guy actually stopped next to us after dropping our daughter off at a birthday party on Saturday and asked us if it was the CX-5. He said he was going to a dealership later that day as his dad was buying a one also. I still haven't seen another one on the road besides ours yet though.

Yep, it was Ron Tonkin.

They told me their agreement was $300 over invoice (whistle). I knew it was all smoke and mirrors because their invoice price was high anyone ($20899 vs. the $20500 listed on KBB). But they were the only one offering below MSRP and they beat everyone else on my trade by over a grand, so it was still the best deal.

I did not go with 0.9% financing. That's only on a 36-month loan AFAIK. I wanted to finance through my credit union anyway.

First accessory will probably be a boring cargo net so I can fill the back to capacity when I go camping.

The price they gave you may very well have been $300 over their invoice due to some marketing assessment charges. They probably make a little off the back end from holdback charges and other things though. We're thinking about getting the retractable cargo cover and homelink rear view mirror at some point for our first official accessories.

I am curious how the 2013 CX5 is going to price with some age. What will a slightly used CX5 go for in 2014 or 2015? I simply can't afford the vehicle right now but after a few years I'm sure the resale will allow people like me to take over a great 2013 with a more practical price tag.

Purchased 2013 CX-5 SPORT 6MT 3/29/2012

Price: $20,751 out the door
negotiated via email
got some $200 rebate included in above price
no additional accessories
no sales tax in NH
price included all marketing and got the dealer fees waived.
They even gave us a full tank of gas (some dealers wont), no dealer decal on car, and got the 0.9% financing (yes it was available in March in the system)

We got the Silver, would have gotten the white or blue or even red but I can live with the silver

Who did you deal with at Koeppel? I am looking to buy from them too.

Guess I was lucky to get my S-Plan pricing. Got my Pearl White GT AWD with Tech package for 29,650. Bought mine at Koeppel Mazda in Queens New York. Guys there were great. Would recommend them to anyone in NYC area

I'm test driving a CX-5 Touring and Grand Touring this weekend. I'm leaning towards the Grand Touring since we plan to keep the car for a long time and I figure I should get what I want now so I will be happy with it for the long term. The dealer near me was nice enough to provide the S Plan pricing for both the Touring and Grand Touring so I figured I would post it here for you guys.

Touring FWD $24,288
Touring AWD $25,217
Grand Touring FWD $27,239
Grand Touring AWD $28,275

Prices are in US Dollars and do not include tax, tag, and doc fees.

Strange, the GT AWD price seems to be the same price (MSRP) as what is posted on Mazda's site which $28,295 ?

I'm test driving a CX-5 Touring and Grand Touring this weekend. I'm leaning towards the Grand Touring since we plan to keep the car for a long time and I figure I should get what I want now so I will be happy with it for the long term. The dealer near me was nice enough to provide the S Plan pricing for both the Touring and Grand Touring so I figured I would post it here for you guys.

Touring FWD $24,288
Touring AWD $25,217
Grand Touring FWD $27,239
Grand Touring AWD $28,275

Prices are in US Dollars and do not include tax, tag, and doc fees.

Got edmunds trade value for my trade and paid sticker for the cx-5 (23,295) sport auto with the bluetooth/touchscreen. Had them throw tints ($300), auto dimming homelink mirror (250 + labor) and rubber cargo mat.

Demand on these is very high in my area, all are selling within a day or two of arrival and many are already spoken for.

Is this a good deal for a basic Touring?

Price: $25017 (MSRP:$25940)
Dealer fee & title,registration::$575
Tax:6.85%=$1713.66

OTD price:$27305.66

Only 2 dealerships nearby. They are very firm as sales are hot for CX-5. Wonder if I should wait until demand goes down.

Is this a good deal for a basic Touring?

Price: $25017 (MSRP:$25940)
Dealer fee & title,registration::$575
Tax:6.85%=$1713.66

OTD price:$27305.66

Only 2 dealerships nearby. They are very firm as sales are hot for CX-5. Wonder if I should wait until demand goes down.

$25940 is the MSRP on the Mazda website including Destination. See if they can do anything on that $575 dealer fee, or see if they will knock $500 off the sticker price. I mean least they can do is say "No."

Who did you deal with at Koeppel? I am looking to buy from them too.

Dealth with Luis Espinal. Nice guy and worked with me on lot of things to make the deal happen. I'm sure he can help you as well. Everyone there was really nice and stayed late for me to finish my paperwork

Just did the paperwork for my black awd touring today. Price came out to 24647 for the car plus 610 tax, 489 dealer fee, and 75 dollar tag fee. We also paid 1200 to have the dealer add leather.

the ad has a * for a reason. $1999 in cash or trade in to get that price... avoid these guys

the ad has a * for a reason. $1999 in cash or trade in to get that price... avoid these guys

I have been waiting to buy a CX5 until I make the move to Oregon from Northern California since buying in Oregon will save me $1500 in sales tax. So when I saw this deal at $1500 off MSRP, I jumped. I checked this out yesterday with the intention of driving it home. The deal is legit and you can get the 0.9% financing and the $19988 price. The required cash or trade pertains to the lease only and did not apply to a purchase.

I had taken the same CX5 for a test drive about 3 weeks ago and noticed a slight, but definite resistance of the transmission to shift into 4th gear. I test drove again yesterday to reconfirm making many shifts from 3rd to 4th and 5th to 4th. The resistance was still there and very noticeable when upshifting and I found it unacceptable. As someone else responded in an earlier post, it may be a linkage adjustment problem. It didn't matter to me what was causing the problem, I will continue to look for one with a smoother shifting transmission. The trouble is, the manuals are getting scarce. I have found one in Oregon and a couple in the Seattle / Tacoma area. Hopefully they will be bringing more in, because I want a manual.

Last edited:
I have a White GT AWD with tech package on order. The dealer wanted $42,600 (all taxes included) and I paid $38,100. Unfortunately I also have to wait 4-6 weeks for it to come in.

Lando, congrads then! My Sport 6MT had some hesitation going into 4th gear, but after 1000miles its now smooth on all gears. Might be a break-in thing.

My Sport 6MT had some hesitation going into 4th gear, but after 1000miles its now smooth on all gears. Might be a break-in thing.

That's good to hear. I thought it might smooth out, but I wanted to keep looking for one that was better right off the lot. My 2001 Miata was the same way. After about 2000 miles, the tranny found its groove and all was good.

How is your gas mileage with the MT so far?

How is your gas mileage with the MT so far?

I have exactly 37.3 MPG according to the on-board computer. good portion hwy at 65mph and rural roads at 40mph

I did test drive a different 6MT when I way looking, it had the same exact feeling, so I think its designed/mfg that way. Hated the dark gray.... decided to go silver route instead.. would much rather had the sky blue or even red, but silver has grown on me.

decided to go silver route instead..silver has grown on me.

Yeah, I am leaning towards the silver now too since I cannot get the white pearl in the base. Originally of the three choices for the base, I wanted Metro Gray. I guess my spouse will make the final decision.

Back